Which popular shows did you never get round to watching when they were on?

Comments

• BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HiMyNameIs wrote: »
    I didn't watch Broadchurch. Was a bit gutted because everyone was talking about it and it's still mentioned on DS from time to time right now. Seems like I missed out on a quality programme. Oh well.
    I've never heard of it :blush:
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Twin peaks
    The Sopranos
    Dexter (OH has it though)
    Some white house thing that seemed quite popular.... The West Wing, I think
    Game of Thrones
    Neighbours

Ooo I forgot about Twin Peaks, I loved that though I was a bit disappointed with the ending. Dexter is good too. As for neighbours :D:D:D
    Bunions wrote: »

Me too - they're both on The List :D

No I haven't - not even heard of The Americans but Hannibal was on Sky 1 I think?

I don't like scary stuff though :(

Perhaps you should give Hannibal a miss then :D Very creative murders but I think the first season lost it's way a bit towards the end. The second season has started off much better imo.
    Game of thrones is a slow start, but if you stick with it, you'll be rewarded! I'd urge you to give it another go :)

I might just do that. It does seem to be very popular.
  • Biker JeffBiker Jeff Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen a single episode of almost all the tv shows mentioned on this thread, despite constantly being told they are excellent.
    The same with Curb Your Enthusiasm..... not seen it even once.

There's not enough time in my life to watch everything I've been recommended.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sherlock
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones

Going further back in time, Bad Girls, Footballers Wives, Cold Feet, The Sopranos, Frasier.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I've not got round to watching Breaking Bad. I keep putting it off. I want to watch it but I just haven't been able to start it. I don't know why.

I didn't actually watch Sopranos when it was on, either. I should have done because I've always loved Mafia stuff.

And while it's not finished, I've not watched any Walking Dead and I may not watch it until it's finished. But then I've never been a big zombie fan so I'm not so eager to start that one.

Spartacus is another that I've never seen, and I love things set in historical time periods. Especially Roman periods.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I don't know, I think it is probably one of the best things I have seen on TV, and I would say that if Game of Thrones doesn't hook you from the start, then I don't think you will get into it.

If anything I'd say that if it doesn't hook you from the start, keep watching for a bit and then go back to the beginning. I have to say it took me a while to get into it...but once I did, and became familiar with the characters and locations, I re-watched the first season it was like watching a whole new show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sherlock
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones

Going further back in time, Bad Girls, Footballers Wives, Cold Feet, The Sopranos, Frasier.
    I've never watched a single episode of any of those either but loved Frasier though ;)
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I've never watched a single episode of any of those either but loved Frasier though ;)

Yeah that was my guilty pleasure when I was younger and didn't have kids, I started watching it as I liked Cheers when I was growing up, hehe!
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing that was on in the early 80s called 'The Falklands Conflict'. Going to watch it soon so no spoilers please.

Do you read books on the Falklands Conflict? If so I can recommend this if you're interested, one of the best (from the soldiers perspective) on the subject I have read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    Yeah that was my guilty pleasure when I was younger and didn't have kids, I started watching it as I liked Cheers when I was growing up, hehe!
    Same here :D

It was kinda cool seeing a Mancunian bint on a prime time US show too ;-)
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never watched Downton Abbey
  • HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,290
    Forum Member
    'Boys from the Blackstuff' as I was usually working. Don't see much these days since I became a non TV viewer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    I've never watched Downton Abbey
    Me neither - you and I are the only 2 people in the UK that haven't :D
    Forum Member
    Same here :D

It was kinda cool seeing a Mancunian bint on a prime time US show too ;-)

Yeah hehe she played that rather well did Jane Leeves, I found it amusing she was a Hills angel also, Benny Hill show, hehe!

I think the only series I keep up with is doctor who these days, because the kids watch it, meh not enough hours in the evening...I have still to watch the last programme of the widower too. Missed two weeks of corrie and ee because of that bloomin charmed box set..!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    So many, one that springs to mind though is Lost. I started watching the first episode but fell asleep (I was hungover and had been to work!). I never got round to watching it after that, then before long was too far behind to catch up. My friends were all obsessed and had 'Lost nughts' and even dressed up as the characters for one if the season finales. I felt so left out and was so happy when it ended!
    Forum Member
    Me neither - you and I are the only 2 people in the UK that haven't :D

make that 3, the odd advert I saw, well it didnt seem to me like a must see programme hehe! :eek:
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sherlock
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones

Haven't seen those, even though my mate was in Bad Girls. Frasier was absolutely brilliant though IMO :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    I've not got round to watching Breaking Bad. I keep putting it off. I want to watch it but I just haven't been able to start it. I don't know why.

I didn't actually watch Sopranos when it was on, either. I should have done because I've always loved Mafia stuff.

And while it's not finished, I've not watched any Walking Dead and I may not watch it until it's finished. But then I've never been a big zombie fan so I'm not so eager to start that one.

Spartacus is another that I've never seen, and I love things set in historical time periods. Especially Roman periods.

I watched the final the other day, loved it.
    Couldn't get into Spartacus.

Breaking Bad is still THE best thing I've ever seen though. (apart from Buffy)
    Forum Member
    So many, one that springs to mind though is Lost. I started watching the first episode but fell asleep (I was hungover and had been to work!). I never got round to watching it after that, then before long was too far behind to catch up. My friends were all obsessed and had 'Lost nughts' and even dressed up as the characters for one if the season finales. I felt so left out and was so happy when it ended!

I got it as a complete Christmas present last year, lol its worth a go if you get into it. It does get a bit cheesey at points, glad I watched it alone in the comfort of my settee...

Lost Night? Meh it's not as if they had any fancy costumes to make an effort for hehe! Sounds like a facepalm moment, I am one to talk I went to a twin peaks night...:blush:
  • dgi_mdgi_m Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I've found it hard to take an interest in any show since Lost finished.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Welcome to DS :)

I'm glad I gave up on Lost as the finale reviews were awful.

We used to have Ally McBeal nights :blush:
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Following on from what I said about Breaking Bad, I desperately want to get into Game of Thrones as practically everyone I know raves about it but I just can't.
    Mind you, I've only seen the first few episodes but I found it....boring. And there were so many characters in it that I was losing track of who's who and what was going on.
    Perhaps I'll give it another chance.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much all American dramas as of the last five years or so. I seem to have almost completely given up watching American shows, with the only exception being Law & Order: SVU. I tried watching Hostages for a few episodes but it got so long drawn out, I realised I didn't care what happened to the characters, so I stopped watching it...what's the point?.

I'm a bundle of laughs, me :D
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never watched Prison Break.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for hogging the thread Bunions :blush:

Just remembered never seen NCIS.

I didn't have a telly for 7 years in the 90's so probably missed things I didn't even know existed :D