Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Elder Scrolls Online (ESO)

Old 08-03-2014, 19:48
Lyricalis
Forum Member

The Elder Scrolls series is absolutely not famed for rich story telling. If anything the storytelling telling is generally considered quite poor and the characters pretty forgettable.

What it is famed for is dropping you in a fantastic open world were you can go anywhere and do anything. As you say, a traditional MMORPG, (like wot they have made), has to be linear so unfortunately you loose what makes the series great.
I always found the thief guild and assassin guild quest lines to be the most interesting in Elder Scrolls games.
Lyricalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-03-2014, 18:23
RedSnapper
Forum Member

Final Beta this weekend.
RedSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 19:36
Lyricalis
Forum Member

Final Beta this weekend.
Yep, get to try out the pre-order and Imperial package stuff.

We also get a monkey for taking part. I'm not sure I actually want a monkey. I'd prefer to horse, to be honest.
Old 12-03-2014, 00:00
Vast_Girth
Forum Member

I always found the thief guild and assassin guild quest lines to be the most interesting in Elder Scrolls games.
There's only really 2 quests that stick vividly in my mind out the whole series. Which isn't very good out of 300+ hours play if you add it all up.

Spoiler
Vast_Girth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 10:27
Chocdoc
Forum Member

I have a spare key if anyone wants:

KPT6FTL56FPAD73YPMRA
Chocdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 18:30
Biffo the Bear
Forum Member

There's only really 2 quests that stick vividly in my mind out the whole series. Which isn't very good out of 300+ hours play if you add it all up.

Spoiler
I thought the visit to the afterlife in Skyrim was a decent mission, as well as the Dark Brotherhood missions.
Biffo the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:07
KillerCloud
Forum Member

So did anyone get this then? I bought it and didn't get a chance to pay the beta. I'm really liking it, it plays more like an Elder Scrolls game than a MMO though which I like but my gf doesn't.
KillerCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:53
Coen
Forum Member

I didn't get this myself but about half a dozen of my old MMO friends are playing, so I'm keeping tabs on what they think of it. If they're still playing in a month or so I might just jump in as well.
Coen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:03
brb
Forum Member

I picked it up. Can't say I'm hugely enjoying it - it all just seems too disjointed for my liking. Saying that, I hated WoW to begin with and have been addicted to it for 6 years, so I'll stick with it for a while - at least until the end of my first month.
brb is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 16:46
RedSnapper
Forum Member

Really enjoying it - best game/mmo for ages
RedSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 18:57
Lyricalis
Forum Member

Really enjoying it - best game/mmo for ages
Now all they need to do is stop bringing the server down during peak hours for multiple hours of down time. Granted, having one server farm for everyone outside the US is going to make that challenging, but at least they should have some consideration for the vast majority of players who will be in Europe and move it a bit earlier or later.
Old 08-04-2014, 19:34
Cadiva
Forum Member

So did anyone get this then? I bought it and didn't get a chance to pay the beta. I'm really liking it, it plays more like an Elder Scrolls game than a MMO though which I like but my gf doesn't.
Yep, had it on pre-order and was due for three days head start but had a family emergency so haven't had much time to get stuck back in again. All my guild are playing though and thoroughly enjoying it.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 21:52
KillerCloud
Forum Member

Yep, had it on pre-order and was due for three days head start but had a family emergency so haven't had much time to get stuck back in again. All my guild are playing though and thoroughly enjoying it.
Sorry to hear that. Hope things improve for you and your family if they haven't already.

I haven't gone through it a lot myself, played it a little and I'm enjoying but it's just I don't have the time to put into it yet. It might just be a weekend game for me.
KillerCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 15:19
Philip Wales
Forum Member

Now all they need to do is stop bringing the server down during peak hours for multiple hours of down time. Granted, having one server farm for everyone outside the US is going to make that challenging, but at least they should have some consideration for the vast majority of players who will be in Europe and move it a bit earlier or later.
Yeah thats the problem we had on EQ, because it was a US based server, it always came down during European play time or worse raid time.
Philip Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 19:49
Cadiva
Forum Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope things improve for you and your family if they haven't already.

I haven't gone through it a lot myself, played it a little and I'm enjoying but it's just I don't have the time to put into it yet. It might just be a weekend game for me.
Aww thank you KC. Things have stabilised but we're playing a waiting game atm and I'm now 10 days behind on things at work so it's mental trying to catch up!
Am hoping I'll get a bit of a chance of a run out at tESO this weekend.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote