freesat tuner 2 no signal

Hi
I have replaced my sky box for a humax freesat recorder and on setting up i cannot get signal on tuner no 2. I swapped back to the sky receiver which still showed no signal on tuner 2. Before i started setting it all up the sky box was working ok recording and watching 2 channels. i swapped cables round on LNB and had signal on tuner 2 so does that mean the output on lnb is faulty ?. The LNB has 4 ports on it are they all the same? can i just connect the cable into another port?
Many thanks for your help

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can use any output of the lnb. Which Freesat Humax box. If it's a Freetime box, have you actually tried recording two channels from different transponders ? Say BBC1 HD and CH4 HD.
    On earlier software the 2nd tuner is powered off till you need it. Starting a recording and then checking will force the 2nd tuner signal to be displayed in diagnostics. Look at the bottom of the diagnostics screen, how many cables does it say you have ?

On setup did you get a message saying two cables found ?. If a Foxsat-hdr make sure you have the cables on the outer sockets with nothing on the centre socket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    its a HDR 1000S-G no its my partners box actually she says it will only record the channel she watching. i checked my mums sky box that has signal on the 2 tuners yet when i plug my partners old sky box or the humax it only has one tuner with signal ?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bjl wrote: »
    its a HDR 1000S-G no its my partners box actually she says it will only record the channel she watching. i checked my mums sky box that has signal on the 2 tuners yet when i plug my partners old sky box or the humax it only has one tuner with signal ?

First thing to check is the f connector used to connect the second tuner. In fact you can record two channels even with only one working lnb connection. Get her to try this.

Assuming a English postcode is used tune to 108 and press record, now tune to 102 and press record. Both recordings should work.

What does it say on the bottom of the screen about the number of cables if you select diagnostics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    it says only one cable connected
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    bjl wrote: »
    it says only one cable connected

Have you tried a factory default to see if it then shows 2 tuners active?