Missing episode discovery rumours

Comments

• JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am bemused Levine's main source appears to be a BBC Radio Wiltshire DJ. Unclear how exactly they know.
  • nextexitnextexit Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    via facebook:

T.I.E.A understands the passion felt by Doctor Who fans and that looking for missing episodes of Doctor who plus many other shows is an important but tiny part of the work that T.I.E.A does.The main aim of this organisation is to assist those archives whose own cultural heritage is under threat.If any programmes do still exist T.I.E.A will endeavor to recover them safely as with web of fear and enemy of the world.T.I.E.A are not sponsored by any organisation we are a completely independent body we work alongside many organisations such as the B.F.I .
    However as much as people want specific programmes found wishing them into existence or starting rumors will not magically return them .Individuals trying to extract information which does not exist or is commercially confidential will be deleted unread any legitimate inquires for T.I.E.A LTD services are welcome.
    Stay Tuned..
    Executive Director
    Philip Morris.

and via twitter:

philip morris @archives1963
    Oh what a tangled web we weave When we practice to deceive. I know you well I know you well
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,097
    Forum Member
    It's going to get interesting today I think (check Twitter to see what I mean :D).
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nextexit wrote: »
    Individuals trying to extract information which does not exist or is commercially confidential will be deleted unread

How will Phil know it a post is trying to extract information or is commercially confidential if he is going to delete it unread?
    Forum Member
    Rooks wrote: »
    It's going to get interesting today I think (check Twitter to see what I mean :D).

I was right :)
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't access Twitter from work - what is being said there? What's so interesting today?
    Forum Member
    adams66 wrote: »
    I can't access Twitter from work - what is being said there? What's so interesting today?

A rather odd exchange of opinions between Ian and Phil through the medium of retweets :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rather odd exchange of opinions between Ian and Phil through the medium of retweets :)

Ah... thanks.
    So I guess it's the usual then... a load of angry BS from Ian, and vague evasive non-replies from Phil??
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_vEZlXH-cs

It was an interesting watch. You can tell it's an old clip, cos they say that 110 episodes are missing. These days there are only 97 missing.
  • Mark HumphriesMark Humphries Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Ok I'm going to post something I feel needs to be said, I think Paul Nash is Philip Morris!

Think of it, the day TIAE make their first statement in ages and Philip Morris first tweet since February this account also appears on the same day that Philip also retweets. I have also noticed something else that gives it away, the punctuation. Full stop with no space followed by a new sentence with a low case letter and the poor grammar (I know I'm one to talk).

Here is Paul Nash Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/musicmaker880 (4th tweet down for the 'full stop' clue)

Here is Philip Morris Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/archives1963 (Why suddenly re-tweet a new user)

Here is the TIAE statement: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=610176422410059&id=195920240502348 (Notice again the lack of space between sentences)

Philips posts from the Missing Episode Forum: http://missingepisodes.*********.com/thread/3435/ian-levine (Philips very unique writing style)

Would someone be really messed up in the head to do this though? But look at the writing style and the grammar that clearly match up in places.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    I'm curious to know what prompted the statement by TIAE today. Admittedly I only follow this thread of the subject but I had thought all the rumours etc had begun to die down anyway...
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Just watched this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ifEZlXH-cs

It was an interesting watch. You can tell it's an old clip, cos they say that 110 episodes are missing. These days there are only 97 missing.

Still got that on vhs. It was one of six five minute features that was shown before each episode of the bbc1 repeat of planet of the daleks.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I'm curious to know what prompted the statement by TIAE today. Admittedly I only follow this thread of the subject but I had thought all the rumours etc had begun to die down anyway...

Paul Vanezis Ian Levine and Philip Morris had a big row on Twitter, Including news that the Taiwan find Ian reported to Vanezis looking likely to be a hoax aimed at Ian & Philip, and also the quote that Philip put up ("oh the tangled webs we weave/ when we practise to deceive/ I know you well/ I know you well"), which prompted very negative response from Levine.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Paul Vanezis Ian Levine and Philip Morris had a big row on Twitter, Including news that the Taiwan find Ian reported to Vanezis looking likely to be a hoax aimed at Ian & Philip, and also the quote that Philip put up ("oh the tangled webs we weave/ when we practise to deceive/ I know you well/ I know you well"), which prompted very negative response from Levine.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. Twitter arguments are very hard to understand unless you follow them in real time. I read it all in the wrong order and thought it was the statement from TIEA that caused the latest argument. Also couldn't understand what on Earth the tangled webs quote was referring to. It all (kinda) makes sense now.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I'm not following this anymore and Twitter is meaningless at the best of tiems.

The recent Taiwan discovery (incl Enemy of the World, if memory serves), reported in DWM, actually a hoax and not discovered at all? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Apparently so. Ian had a response from the man in question stating that he had enough of DW fans harassing him to do something that was at the very bottom of his to do list, and that the whole thing has troubled him so much that he would rather destroy them or lock them up until his death. Of course, he was perfectly ok with it when Paul Vanezis discussed the matter of interviews etc with him, but he wasn't forthcoming with any actual proof of the films.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    Apparently so. Ian had a response from the man in question stating that he had enough of DW fans harassing him to do something that was at the very bottom of his to do list, and that the whole thing has troubled him so much that he would rather destroy them or lock them up until his death. Of course, he was perfectly ok with it when Paul Vanezis discussed the matter of interviews etc with him, but he wasn't forthcoming with any actual proof of the films.

I thought PV had *seen* the actual films - or at least someone had?

Just shows you how deep the bullshit goes. None of this crap is believable until there are official announcements, through official organs.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eh? That's just baffled me even more. So was Ian Levine hoaxing or was he hoaxed? As for not believing anything til it's reported somewhere official ... this story was reported in DWM which is about as official as it gets.

I can't stand the confusion in my mind.
    Forum Member
    Eh? That's just baffled me even more. So was Ian Levine hoaxing or was he hoaxed? As for not believing anything til it's reported somewhere official ... this story was reported in DWM which is about as official as it gets.

I can't stand the confusion in my mind.

No evidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if Levine had cooked that one up to try to force Phil M into an announcement. When I suggested that before, I was told that couldn't be because Paul V had actually seen the films....
    Forum Member
    Nah, Ian was taken in like the rest of us; the one thing that confused him the most was that if this were a hoax, surely the hoaxer would have claimed to have missing eps and not existing ones? Paul V discussed it with Ian and they agreed that this has turned into a dead end lead given their last response.

Best to move on.
    Forum Member
    Scott Frere's latest, after consulting the most reliable sheep's entrails known to exist:

"An announcement may or may not be soon"

Brilliant! What happened to Easter(ish), Scott?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sambda wrote: »
    Scott Frere's latest, after consulting the most reliable sheep's entrails known to exist:

"An announcement may or may not be soon"

Brilliant! What happened to Easter(ish), Scott?

Ha! Possibly the most useless comment ever on this subject.
    Why would anyone ever post "An announcement may or may not be soon"?? It tells us nothing whatsoever.
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may or may not rain tomorrow, but whatever happens you can't blame me because i said so.
    Forum Member
    adams66 wrote: »
    Ha! Possibly the most useless comment ever on this subject.
    Why would anyone ever post "An announcement may or may not be soon"?? It tells us nothing whatsoever.

I think that kind of thing happens when people expect you to give them news even if there's no news to give :)

I no longer believe any of the three main news sources (Scot, Puq or Eddie). I don't think any of them are lying but I think their sources either aren't reliable or may be playing them somewhat. I still think more has been found but I don't think any of the main sources has any more clue than anyone else as to what's been found and when it might be announced. (Would love to be wrong though).

That said, there does seem to have been an uptick in activity over the last week without anything actually happening. Whenever Phil's company makes a facebook post stating nothing is going on it's normally a sign that something is going on and to stand by for action :D
    Forum Member
    I think that kind of thing happens when people expect you to give them news even if there's no news to give :)

I no longer believe any of the three main news sources (Scot, Puq or Eddie). I don't think any of them are lying but I think their sources either aren't reliable or may be playing them somewhat. I still think more has been found but I don't think any of the main sources has any more clue than anyone else as to what's been found and when it might be announced. (Would love to be wrong though).

D

Agreed, though the sources may be more valuable as we get towards the release of an old story, though - once the BBC are restoring it and preparing it for release. I understand (I've not checked) that these people were right about the previous finds at that sort of stage. What I don't believe is that they have any sort of insight into what's been found whilst the stuff still resides with Phil M. And I think that's the common consensus - that anything found is still with Phil M and, up to the list-ripping business at least, nobody outside that outfit has any idea what's been found.

The only real evidence about how big the haul might be in general is that Phil M said not to worry about the messy copy of the "Morecombe and Wise" episode because he had another copy of it. Either that's a huge coincidence (him having another copy), or it suggests the amount of material found may be large.