Options

The only certainty

GallifreystandsGallifreystands Posts: 1
Forum Member
How do you relate to this quote?
I personally sympathise...

http://rebloggy.com/post/1k-david-tennant-tenth-doctor-dw-meme-dw-dwedit/63758063686

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    My personal favourite quote from that episode is "some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80."
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just clicked on the link, and after reading this quote, it left me feeling frustrated, sad and really wanting David's Doctor back.

He was, after Tom Baker, possibly the best Doctor that the show has had in over 50 and a half years.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JackMShep wrote: »
    My personal favourite quote from that episode is "some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80."

I thought Francine slapping the Doctor was great! :D
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    I've just clicked on the link, and after reading this quote, it left me feeling frustrated, sad and really wanting David's Doctor back.

He was, after Tom Baker, possibly the best Doctor that the show has had in over 50 and a half years.

Oh, Matt Smith was just as good (if not better) in my opinion :)
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You cant possibly get away with saying something like that unchallenged! :D

IMO Matt Smith widdles all over that gurning runt and he was completely outclassed by Eccleston...imo!!! ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurgh, bloody Tumblr gifs...

But I thought this episode was better than most people give it credit for. Sure, a lot of it is just running away from a monster, but there are some big ideas about humanity and life at the center of it. I think Doctor Who works best when it explores these kind of concepts, and it usually does on some level.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member

I agree with the sentiment of your first bit. Tennant's immense acting ability seemed as much a factor of his doctors popularity as RTD's good writing. With nothing more than a look he could break your heart,or show you the immense rage building up inside, and when he gave a speech, I believed that he believed everything he was saying passionately and completely.

As for your second comment, I would say he's more the joint best with tom baker, as in easily on par with him.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tennant was good, Smith was good, RTD was good, Moffat is good, that particular episode was rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Tennant was good, Smith was good, RTD was good, Moffat is good, that particular episode was rubbish.
    As much as I like Tennant, I have to agree with you on that one. Not the worst but far, far away from a good one. Really like the quote though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thinking about the title of the thread, surely the only certainty for the doctor is that if he lives long enough he'll eventually be involved in/be the cause of every historical event in history, he's already checked of quite a few already. :D
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    The only certainty.... is that any subject can be dragged round to which Doctor is best.