The Amazing Spider-man 2

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I do fear that too many villains may dilute the end result. Always wanted to see Electro in the movie, but would have preferred any carnation of the Goblin to be saved for the sequel, as I don't think the character can be done much justice when presumably playing secondary villain (unless the movie is ridiculously long).
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    dcb1986 wrote: »
    I do fear that too many villains may dilute the end result. Always wanted to see Electro in the movie, but would have preferred any carnation of the Goblin to be saved for the sequel, as I don't think the character can be done much justice when presumably playing secondary villain (unless the movie is ridiculously long).

I think Goblin is saved for the 3rd movie. It seems they're just introducing the characters in TASM2. Rhino is the secondary villain in it.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reviews are coming out for the film and it's not looking good. It's getting panned, quite heavily it seems and whilst the first movie received mixed reviews the new sequel is faring less well. Blame seems to be placed on everyone - director, actors and scriptwriters.

Im sure it'll make millions but sad to read it's a bit of a dud.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Curently 83% fresh on RT. Only 12 counted mind.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curently 83% fresh on RT. Only 12 counted mind.

That's...not good. I had very high expectations for this one so anything less than 90% is a bummer for me. :(
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's not getting great reviews is it? shame - i really like andrew garfield and emma stone. most people seem to be saying it just seems to be setting up future films, much like iron man 2 did.

you would think people would learn wouldn't you? everyone suddenly seems to want to emulate marvel. trying to spin multiple films out of one character, spiderman, seems a bit lame. ditto superman v batman when we've not even got used to superman yet. it's all a bit rushed and greedy.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i just cant imagine how it wont be good.

same director, spiderman already established and on a even bigger scale in terms of villains.

i am a big fan of multiple villains too like in spiderman 3. i still look forward to this film.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's got 86% so far on Rotten Tomatoes, and the new reviews I've read today will only bump it's score up more! Plus, the review on the Radio 5 Live film review show was extremely positive, and that's more than good enough for me. :)
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait until wednesday! I shall be seeing it in Imax 3D :)
  • Seany101Seany101 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    I seen the premiere... Spoilers ahead...
    Gwen Stacey does die and the death differs from the comics, she is inside a clock tower when harry/goblin throws her from top to bottom and as spidey catches her with the web its very graphic as she breaks her neck and back from him catching her too late (taking away the confusion of his guilt for causing her whiplash and not knowing if he caused her broken neck)
    Harry Osborne is just as prominent as Electro in the movie as the villains working together
    Doc Ocs tentacle claw things are heavily stuck in the background at oscorp in many scenes so i guess we'll have him in TAS3
    Electro is supposedly dead
    The Sinister Six are mentioned at the end
    Rhinos introduction is the final scene
    Just a few spoilers for the ones who cant wait :)
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope it's better than the last one .

• SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seany101 wrote: »
    I seen the premiere... Spoilers ahead...
    Gwen Stacey does die and the death differs from the comics, she is inside a clock tower when harry/goblin throws her from top to bottom and as spidey catches her with the web its very graphic as she breaks her neck and back from him catching her too late (taking away the confusion of his guilt for causing her whiplash and not knowing if he caused her broken neck)
    Harry Osborne is just as prominent as Electro in the movie as the villains working together
    Doc Ocs tentacle claw things are heavily stuck in the background at oscorp in many scenes so i guess we'll have him in TAS3
    Electro is supposedly dead
    The Sinister Six are mentioned at the end
    Rhinos introduction is the final scene
    Just a few spoilers for the ones who cant wait :)
    Rhino in the last scene? I thought he would be the intro. So does that mean he'll be the main villain in 3?
    Lots of Harry...yaaaaaaaaaaay :D:D
    Knew Gwen would die anyway, not too sure what to think about that actually. And they've cut all of Mary Jane as well so that means no romance in the third one! Yes :cool:
  • Seany101Seany101 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Snowyface wrote: »
    Rhino in the last scene? I thought he would be the intro. So does that mean he'll be the main villain in 3?
    Lots of Harry...yaaaaaaaaaaay :D:D
    Knew Gwen would die anyway, not too sure what to think about that actually. And they've cut all of Mary Jane as well so that means no romance in the third one! Yes :cool:
    Hes in early on as a theif spidey catches and at the end when harry is choosing the sinister six he gets him released from prison and gives him the rhino suit. I actually think they killed gwen and dealt with the aftermath of her death in this movie ro rush MJ into the next one but we'll see. They skip 6 months after Gwen dies and he hasnt been spidey since that night but then rhino comes to times square and the closing scene is peter coming back to save the day. It may open back where it left off as they were just about to have an epic fight. My guess is doc oc harry rhino for the next one. When is it actually in cinemas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Empire gave it 3/5, same score as TASM1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if there is a post-credits scene once the film has finished?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.mediastinger.com/the-amazing-spider-man-2-2014-currently-no-after-credits-information/

MediaStinger has no information yet, but says there's rumoured to be one.

They also have a smartphone app that's quite handy for checking with at the time so you don't have to sit there for 10 minutes for nothing.

Given that TASM 1 had a "stinger" (& given that every comic-book film apart from the TDK trilogy seem to have them now), I'd go in assuming that there is one...
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to see it tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard their is an xmen days of future past scene in the credits??? Wtf?!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    MutantX wrote: »
    Just heard their is an xmen days of future past scene in the credits??? Wtf?!!!!!

That's right, it was very strange to see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well saw this today and well what can i say, the film is simply just very average. It's ok but nothing special. Very disappointing and to be honest i preferred TASM1 over this. That was exciting, this barely registers. Now that i've seen films 1 and 2 of both Spiderman franchises i can honestly say the Sam Raimi movies are much much better. With this franchise there's just no soul. They have no soul to the films, they're just there and exist to make money for the studios and that's it.

Andrew Garfield does great work as always as PP/Spiderman and there's genuine chemistry between him and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx as the main villian Electro is completely miscast. He's terrible in the movie. He's supposed to be menacing but i just found him boring and all that stupid mumbling of his just got on my nerves. Paul Giamatti is completely wasted in this. He barely appears and when he does he adds nothing to the story, even as Rhino. As for the story and plotline, it's just shite. Dale DeHann as Harry Osborne isn't given enough to do and i just can't believe that he and Peter Parker were ever friends. The action sequences are good but even that's not a positive reason to go see the film. Even Stan Lee's cameo is poor. It's definetely setting up a Sinister Six film though but it's not heavily implied.

There is no post-credits scene at the very end but there is a bizarre mid-credits scene showing a brief clip from XMen: Days of Future Past. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. WTF? Why was that even there? Made no sense. Now that i've seen it i completely understand the mixed reviews, they're fully deserved. It just isn't that good. Save your money and wait to watch it on dvd.
  • redtuxredtux Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Well saw this today and well what can i say, the film is simply just very average. It's ok but nothing special. Very disappointing and to be honest i preferred TASM1 over this. That was exciting, this barely registers. Now that i've seen films 1 and 2 of both Spiderman franchises i can honestly say the Sam Raimi movies are much much better. With this franchise there's just no soul. They have no soul to the films, they're just there and exist to make money for the studios and that's it.

Andrew Garfield does great work as always as PP/Spiderman and there's genuine chemistry between him and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx as the main villian Electro is completely miscast. He's terrible in the movie. He's supposed to be menacing but i just found him boring and all that stupid mumbling of his just got on my nerves. Paul Giamatti is completely wasted in this. He barely appears and when he does he adds nothing to the story, even as Rhino. As for the story and plotline, it's just shite. Dale DeHann as Harry Osborne isn't given enough to do and i just can't believe that he and Peter Parker were ever friends. The action sequences are good but even that's not a positive reason to go see the film. Even Stan Lee's cameo is poor. It's definetely setting up a Sinister Six film though but it's not heavily implied.

There is no post-credits scene at the very end but there is a bizarre mid-credits scene showing a brief clip from XMen: Days of Future Past. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. WTF? Why was that even there? Made no sense. Now that i've seen it i completely understand the mixed reviews, they're fully deserved. It just isn't that good. Save your money and wait to watch it on dvd.

Not neccesarily. Just because it focuses on Mystique doesn't neccesarily mean an X-Men tie-in
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just back from seeing it. it was ok. not brilliant. Garfield and Stone are great but the rest lets it down. Jamie Foxx as well as dehann and Giamatti. They just seemed to be trying to cram too much in.

6.5/10

also its getting boring having the films end with
    a funeral
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome film. As good as The Winter Soldier. :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Secret Deal Behind ‘Spider-Man 2’ Plugging the ‘X-Men’ (EXCLUSIVE)
    Variety wrote:
    (snip)

The reason, Variety has learned, is that “Spider-Man” director Marc Webb had an existing contract with Fox Searchlight to helm another film following 2009′s “500 (Days) of Summer.” After “The Amazing Spider-Man” in 2012, Webb’s negotiations briefly stalled with Sony as he was caught in a tug-of-war with Fox. Eventually, Fox agreed to allow Webb to direct Sony’s “Spider-Man” sequel, but only if Sony would promote its “X-Men” film for free.

For Sony, there’s another benefit to the cross-promotion. It allows the studio to situate its movie in the same Marvel family as Captain America and Iron Man, even if the creative team behind those films — including star producer Kevin Feige — are separate. Many fans look forward to the much-hyped codas at the end of a Marvel film.

That said, some U.K. fans who saw “Spider-Man 2″ on opening day were confused, wondering if it meant a single “X-Men” and “Spider-Man” movie is being planned. That’s not happening.
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

I went to see it last night and as a Spiderman film fan, I was really looking forward to this. Unfortunately, I agree with all you say here except that I didn't even like the leads!