Options

Perforations in kitchen rolls

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
They are just getting worse, so bad indeed that I just have to tear the kitchen roll sheets, because they will not separate along the substandard perforations. Have the machines that make them not had proper maintenance ? Is there no quality control ?

Comments

• Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find toilet paper much worse........quite often with the 2-ply the perforations aren't synchronised on both plies......

Shoddy workmanship
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what you need my friend, I buy mine from pound-stretcher £3.29p for three.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=regina+blitz&rlz=1C1RNKC_enGB495GB497&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=zm5RU9fIA-nQ7AaAiICwAg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1360&bih=602

Very strong and last, people always ask me where I get them from.

Try it, you will come back to me and say thank you.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/all-purpose-cloths

Cloths on a roll so you cut the right amount and can machine wash them along with the dish towels...:D

I got mine from B&M I am sure, hehe I get Andrex on offer so no more cheapy mistearing toilet roll for now....exciting full life I live btw :D (not of course)
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does yer Ma say?
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's Billy Value when we need him?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer to use linen cloths.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    your solution is simple. Keep a pile of dry autumn leaves to do your bot au naturel. You never heard of any factory struggling to put the perforations in autumn leaves.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I find toilet paper much worse........quite often with the 2-ply the perforations aren't synchronised on both plies......

Shoddy workmanship

The loss of sync between the layers is caused by careless 'starting off' by the person who first used it. They've managed to use just one of the plys and this causes the rest of the roll to appear out of line. To correct it, just unroll one ply until it's back in sync. It usually takes only one or two turns.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it better to spend just a little bit more on my perforations, sometimes cheap perforations just don't hack it.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yellowpark wrote: »
    This is what you need my friend, I buy mine from pound-stretcher £3.29p for three.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=regina+blitz&rlz=1C1RNKC_enGB495GB497&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=zm5RU9fIA-nQ7AaAiICwAg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1360&bih=602

Very strong and last, people always ask me where I get them from.

Try it, you will come back to me and say thank you.

Yeah, that stuff is the dogs bollacks.
    Great for all eventualities and lasts ages too.

Regards :-)
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    They are just getting worse, so bad indeed that I just have to tear the kitchen roll sheets, because they will not separate along the substandard perforations. Have the machines that make them not had proper maintenance ? Is there no quality control ?
    Yes! Someone else has noticed. Toilet paper isn't much better but at least I usually get complete sheets. With kitchen roll it seems impossible to avoid ripping the sheet. I also use cloths from Tesco (which I wash and re-use several times) but I keep the paper towels for bad messes or to cover things in the microwave.