Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jos wrote: »
    I agree. He resents having to have a trial: he doesn't think he should be there: he's had to put his life on hold(his own words) and most of all he totally resents Nel questioning him, doesn't think he needs to answer to anyone. Everyone should just accept his word that it was a terrible accident.

Again, my perception is that - whatever the outcome - he will certainly try and capitalise on this whole experience. After all, it's been reported that he had to put his house on the market to help meet his legal bills (has that sold, btw? Can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it!).

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that negotiations for the film rights have already started.......blood money in all but name......but I doubt the ethics of that would trouble him at all.
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reeva was awake at 3am because OP spoke to her, if that was the case Reeva would have spoken to OP shortly after the "noise", if only to tell him not to be so stupid and go after the "intruder", but to stay with her and for them to make their way out of the bedroom as quickly as possible after phoning the police.
    That's why his story doesn't hold water and it's all just a cover up for him murdering Reeva.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    Again, my perception is that - whatever the outcome - he will certainly try and capitalise on this whole experience. After all, it's been reported that he had to put his house on the market to help meet his legal bills (has that sold, btw? Can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it!).

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that negotiations for the film rights have already started.......blood money in all but name......but I doubt the ethics of that would trouble him at all.

Barry Bateman - 'Behind The Door' the Oscar and Reeva story book is being compiled ..
    No doubt a film to follow in due course
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Very good porky.........The pity is you are probably right.

Do you think Roux knows the shots came first?

That's what OP told him, so yes.
  • Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Barry Bateman - 'Behind The Door' the Oscar and Reeva story book is being compiled ..

I hope the judge rules that whatever profits are made out of subsequent films or books go to Reeva's family. I can't see OP being allowed to profit from any of this.
  • Options
    Bex7t6Bex7t6 Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume this has been posted. Claims that OP has been having acting lessons?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-trial-paralympic-star-3434141#ixzz2zPTZNihC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex7t6 wrote: »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-trial-paralympic-star-3434141#ixzz2zPTZNihC

Yes it was discussed a bit earlier on. I'm sure he's had every possible bit of assistance with preparation for the trial he could possibly wish for, which is why I'm staggered as to why he was ever granted bail.
  • Options
    Bex7t6Bex7t6 Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jpscloud wrote: »
    Yes it was discussed a bit earlier on. I'm sure he's had every possible bit of assistance with preparation for the trial he could possibly wish for, which is why I'm staggered as to why he was ever granted bail.

With or without training, I'm staggered he was granted bail.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The acting lessons have clearly not worked- probably made him think his lies are more believable
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    http://banananewsline.com/2014/04/17/herschelle-gibbs-to-testify-at-oscar-trial/

Last minute witness for defence. Handy with a bat

“We’re desperately in need of a real expert if Oscar is to be saved,”
    whispered a source that would rather not be named.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he'll be entitled to a refund :D
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://banananewsline.com/2014/04/17/herschelle-gibbs-to-testify-at-oscar-trial/

Surely that's a joke .. isn't it?
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member

Love this tweet dated 12 th march if the story is true :D

http://www.women24.com/Trending/Herschelle-Gibbs-Oscar-cricket-bat-tweet-20140312
  • Options
    WilkcoWilkco Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About Banana Newsline
    South Africa’s only official purveyors of satire. SABS approved.

We are news makers. We make the news. Then we tell you about it in painstaking detail. We bring you the truth behind the truth.
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    http://banananewsline.com/2014/03/12/pistorius-vomit-caused-by-buffet/

Some experts in the field of courtroom drama described it as a deliberate ploy by the Pistorius defence team to garner sympathy for the accused. “Vomiting is meant to give the impression that Oscar can’t handle the truth,” opined Eyewitness News senior reporter Barry Bateman. “This feigns remorse and disgust at his own actions. Barry Roux is trying to show to Judge Masipa that Pistorius doesn’t like what he did, and if you don’t like what you do, then you won’t do it on purpose.”
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://banananewsline.com/2014/03/12/pistorius-vomit-caused-by-buffet/

Some experts in the field of courtroom drama described it as a deliberate ploy by the Pistorius defence team to garner sympathy for the accused. “Vomiting is meant to give the impression that Oscar can’t handle the truth,” opined Eyewitness News senior reporter Barry Bateman. “This feigns remorse and disgust at his own actions. Barry Roux is trying to show to Judge Masipa that Pistorius doesn’t like what he did, and if you don’t like what you do, then you won’t do it on purpose.”

it seems many have seen through his tears etc., I'd like to think the Judge is just as switched on to court room antics.
  • Options
    Fox_BluffFox_Bluff Posts: 247
    Forum Member

Thanks for the link... v-e-r-y interesting!

BIB - Does anybody know if this Gibbs guy has natural legs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With or without training, I'm staggered he was granted bail.

Yes... I was a bit unclear, that's exactly what I meant too - granting him bail gave him the opportunity to work out his defence. If there's enough doubt to charge him with murder, he should not have been free this past year and more.
  • Options
    Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    can anyone please point me to the bit during cross examination when nel says to dixon "and i use the word "findings" very loosely" with regards to reeva's injuries? i didn't see it when it was broadcast live
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »

He's just a journo isn't he ?

All in poor taste - but doesn't surprise me. >:( He's also hosted Q & A sessions about trial !

he's also another who tweeted that he saw his signature on the cricket bat !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes... I was a bit unclear, that's exactly what I meant too - granting him bail gave him the opportunity to work out his defence. If there's enough doubt to charge him with murder, he should not have been free this past year and more.
    All those awaiting a Court hearing have Bail hearing , difference with OP is he had the million rand to pay it. It's worked in the Prosecution's favour because his Bail Hearing statement he gave at the time has been referred back to by Nel during Cross-Exam because it was 3 days after his arrest and before he changed his story, so bit of a god send really !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can anyone please point me to the bit during cross examination when nel says to dixon "and i use the word "findings" very loosely" with regards to reeva's injuries? i didn't see it when it was broadcast live
    just go to google and put in You tube and the dates he was on Stand, he's the last testimony before Court adjourned last week for the Oscar P trial and it'll come up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the judge rules that whatever profits are made out of subsequent films or books go to Reeva's family. I can't see OP being allowed to profit from any of this.
    I remember noone would buy OJ's book IF I DID IT, HOW I WOULD HAVE DONE IT, or words to that effect, no booksellers would sell it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This article says:
    @Law experts believe that Advocate Barry Roux will attempt to prove that Oscar was not a top order batsman, and therefore bashed down the bathroom door purely by accident@@.

I think that the Defence are getting desperate - but have advantage of going 'second', to rebuttle anything Prosecution through at them this guy says :

The article also states:
    @The former Protea opener is confident that he will be a competent witness. “I’m very familiar with the evidence,” he explained. “My signature can be seen on the bat used by Oscar to bash down the door.”

“In my current capacity as a cricket commentator for SABC Sport, I describe the wielding of bats all day long,” insisted Gibbs. “As such, I should be able to describe Oscar’s stroke making beautifully.”

Personally............. after Dixon, wouldn't surprise me !! :D
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Defence are getting desperate arn't they - but have advantage of going 'second', to rebuttle anything Prosecution through at them this guy says :

I am expert at bat wielding

Can't wait for Nel to work his magic on this guy !

Surely it's a spoof report? :D
This discussion has been closed.