So how come Marshall is seperate from the rest of the HIMYM cast?

CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,371
Forum Member
✭✭
did he have a falling out with one of them, he really has not been part of the group this year, Lily is being wasted on a one line recurring joke, whilst Barney hogs all the screen time.

Comments

• grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes had less screen time due to doing another movie I believe.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it was not that, which forced this Farhampton plot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Segel wanted out at the end of season 7. He only stayed on because returning for seasons 8 and 9 saw all of the cast get pay raise, so he didn't want his friends to miss out working on TV even though he's got Hollywood calling him regularly for film work. So they were basically dealing with a main co-star who didn't want to be there and in turn minimised his character's role on the show so they didn't have to deal with him and vice versa unless required.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it would be tricky to write Marshall out, given that the show has looked into the future and seen him and Lily still together.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely season 9 has to be one of the worst seasons ever created in a comedy show. I can't believe how bad it is.
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously bored with the never-ending car journey now. :sleep:
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    This series is dire! I'm wandering off whilst the episodes are on and then not caring I've missed a whole chunk. Never a good sign.
    Every episode seems to be exactly the same as the last. They've changed everything for the entirety of this series it seems (locations, group dynamics etc). Very, very poor in my opinion.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    They really really made a pigs ear of this show.
    The characters are almost Hateable now.
    Ted feels sorry for himself
    Barney Robin and Lilly love themselves so much they'd make you sick
    Marshal is just blaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Its a shame. It was such a good show in the beginning :(
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Segel may have been filming his latest movie Sex Tape at the time

it's easier to fit their different schedules by minimising shared scenes with the others
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the problem is trying to fit the episodes into this short period of time, it gives the characters no room for growth of any kind during the season