Red wine + lemonade; mmmm!!

2»

Comments

• barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone would think that "red wine" is some kind of generic crap like cola. For god's sake, there is a huge variety of different styles. Take the effort to try a few instead of reducing it to the same level as fruit flavoured cider.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's not than uncommon

spanish kids frequently get loaded on coke + red wine
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting way to ruin your lemonade.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    My first of experience of alcoholic intoxication was on sangria and 7up on a package holiday....but I've never tried it since.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Whatever sinks your boat.

I mean, some people drink sherry out of choice...

I remember the guy at my local petrol station once, when I was buying a bottle of wine and some lucazade, he said 'are you going to mix those'? I was like NOOOOOOO, followed by this gone out look > :o

He then told me that when he was in India, he used to mix beer with that because it was too strong for him otherwise. That was followed by this combination of looks > :confused::o:cry::kitty:

I say a lot with expressions...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't see the issue some people have with mixing wine and lemo, its a refreshing drink and you can get a bit tipsy too, sounds good to me :D

obviously i suppose you wouldn't mix an expensive wine with lemo but you can get plenty of cheap wines
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    Bit similar to Bucks Fizz I think?
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    howard h wrote: »
    OK, the wine's cheap! But mixed with ice-cold lemonade it's a treat :p

Wonder if anyone out there also likes their red mixed as a shandy? Suppose it's not unlike sangria?
    Uggghhhhhhh... hawk,spit.... lemonade!!!
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    can't see the issue some people have with mixing wine and lemo, its a refreshing drink and you can get a bit tipsy too, sounds good to me :D

obviously i suppose you wouldn't mix an expensive wine with lemo but you can get plenty of cheap wines
    Try it premixed, Lambrusco?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheap ass red wine with coke is lovely. Its served on tap in some parts of northern Spain
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    Try it premixed, Lambrusco?

:D:D:D ok I'll confess. I do indeed add diet lemonade to Lambrusco. I don't really drink alcohol because I have never found a drink I like the taste of. No beers, spirits or wine.

However, I once tried Lidl or Tesco Lambrusco which is about 4% and about £3 a bottle!! Wait for this ..... I put about an inch of that in a very tall glass and add diet lemonade right up to the top. :D:D. Sometimes I say I feel tiddly on a glass of that and my family can't stop laughing.
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    :D:D:D ok I'll confess. I do indeed add diet lemonade to Lambrusco. I don't really drink alcohol because I have never found a drink I like the taste of. No beers, spirits or wine.

However, I once tried Lidl or Tesco Lambrusco which is about 4% and about £3 a bottle!! Wait for this ..... I put about an inch of that in a very tall glass and add diet lemonade right up to the top. :D:D. Sometimes I say I feel tiddly on a glass of that and my family can't stop laughing.
    You use the Lambrusco to hide the flavour and aftertaste of diet lemondae? that's very sensible.