Options

The Oasis Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On more Liam news, Beady Eye second album can't be far away... Liam has been talking it up as has Dave Sitek. I'm intrugued if anything, they have to get away from the 60s nonsense.

That was always the problem with the band, both Noel and Liam were too stubborn to admit that they needed to go in a different direction... especially Noel.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Not bad but not great either... there's not really much you can do with Wonderwall. Oasis songs are always difficult to cover because they're so simple. Best cover was probably Ryan Adams.

I love the Ryan Adams version as much as I love the Oasis original
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I love the Ryan Adams version as much as I love the Oasis original

You can't say that here! ;)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »
    You can't say that here! ;)

It's controversial, I know ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Noel goes for royalties on this... a blatent rip off of Live Forever. They've even got the guitar solo in there:rolleyes:

Of course if it was the other way round there would be uproar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZJRRFeg4gQ

And then the original...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdvBfI5Ee04
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noels gone right off on one recently:D And it was glorious I must say... he's in Dubai as he's headlining some festival.

Paloma Faith? Do me a favour. Who’s f*cking decided she’s a star? Emeli Sande? That is f*cking music for grannies. I don’t get it. And then you have the other side of the coin: One Direction. Prancing up and down singing a Blondie song and getting an award for it. Nice lads though they might be, f*ck off. Which is exactly what we told them. It’s turning into the grand finale of The X Factor, which is exactly what Simon Cowell wants.

And here’s another thing: I must have been asked to write songs for people about 20 times. “Hey man, we should write some songs together.” F*cking write your own songs. I spent 46 years busting my arse to get here, slaving over a line in a song for a month. So no, I won’t f*cking write a song with you, you little prick. F*ck off! It just annoys me.

:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

I do wonder though who has been asking him to write songs with them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some radio station in the US debut' Beady Eyes single yesterday...

https://soundcloud.com/melwen/beady-eye-flick-of-the-finger

Already sounds a hell of alot better than anything off DGSS. Sounds completely different to what Liam is usually used to aswell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noels gone right off on one recently:D And it was glorious I must say... he's in Dubai as he's headlining some festival.

Paloma Faith? Do me a favour. Who’s f*cking decided she’s a star? Emeli Sande? That is f*cking music for grannies. I don’t get it. And then you have the other side of the coin: One Direction. Prancing up and down singing a Blondie song and getting an award for it. Nice lads though they might be, f*ck off. Which is exactly what we told them. It’s turning into the grand finale of The X Factor, which is exactly what Simon Cowell wants.

And here’s another thing: I must have been asked to write songs for people about 20 times. “Hey man, we should write some songs together.” F*cking write your own songs. I spent 46 years busting my arse to get here, slaving over a line in a song for a month. So no, I won’t f*cking write a song with you, you little prick. F*ck off! It just annoys me.

:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

I do wonder though who has been asking him to write songs with them?
    Wow. He's so f*cking indie. So cool. So ALTERNATIVE AND AMAZING.

Ranting like that doesn't make him cool. It makes him look like a fat little toddler. Also, he's 45.. so he hasn't been slaving for 46 years. What a load of sh*t.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. He's so f*cking indie. So cool. So ALTERNATIVE AND AMAZING.

Ranting like that doesn't make him cool. It makes him look like a fat little toddler. Also, he's 45.. so he hasn't been slaving for 46 years. What a load of sh*t.

Oh dear. Touched a nerve has it? Truth evidently hurts.

He's right about them... "artists" my backside. It's nothing to do with being indie, merely pointing out what is complete and utter forgettable crap. Emile Sande and Paloma Faith? Give me a break:D:rolleyes:

Now out of the appreciation thread you go;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Touched a nerve has it? Truth evidently hurts.

He's right about them... "artists" my backside. It's nothing to do with being indie, merely pointing out what is complete and utter forgettable crap. Emile Sande and Paloma Faith? Give me a break:D:rolleyes:

Now out of the appreciation thread you go;)
    I just think he talks a lot of crap and comes across as a bitter person.

If Paloma and Emile aren't artists, what are they? They write all their own material just like Noel does. They're not artists because they're not to your taste? Maybe with your stan mentality you should stay in appreciation threads and not venture onto the forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think he talks a lot of crap and comes across as a bitter person.

If Paloma and Emile aren't artists, what are they? They write all their own material just like Noel does. They're not artists because they're not to your taste? Maybe with your stan mentality you should stay in appreciation threads and not venture onto the forum, mindless little sheep you are.

Bitter about what exactly? His career seems pretty damn good to me... someone asked him a question, he answered it.

And both Faith/Sande are simply co-writers. You can take a look at how many are credited are on those songs yourself... and even then, the songs are so damn average.

Sheep? If spotting shite from a mile away is that, then yes. It's okay, you just go listen to your Diana Vickers records:sleep: I'm not entirely sure why you would even look into this thread in the first place:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitter about what exactly? His career seems pretty damn good to me... someone asked him a question, he answered it.

And both Faith/Sande are simply co-writers. You can take a look at how many are credited are on those songs yourself... and even then, the songs are so damn average.

Sheep? If spotting shite from a mile away is that, then yes. It's okay, you just go listen to your Diana Vickers records:sleep: I'm not entirely sure why you would even look into this thread in the first place:rolleyes:
    Just because someone is successful doesn't mean they can't be bitter.

As for co-writing, yes they co-write, but for a lot of their songs you'll see the second co-writer is the producer of the song. Producers get writing credits regardless of how many lyrics they write, this is very common practice in music.

Trying to belittle me for liking Diana Vickers wont work. I'm not some indie hipster who is concerned with liking "cool" or "credible" music. I like what I like regardless of who wrote/composed it. I came into this thread because I liked Oasis' music and then I seen you writhing around in Noel's bile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam is doing his damned best this past week to trample over any legacy that Oasis has left...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This Beady Eye stuff really isn't that good.

Bonehead's new stuff from 'Parlour Flames' is much better IMO
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watch Beady Eye live on Later With Jools Holland tonight? Pretty good, much better than their previous album. I like it. Think i'll tune in Friday to see the whole show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liams completely lost the plot...

Knew it was all kicking in years ago when he brought out a clothing range. BE albums, loafers and now in a desperate attempt to match Noels success, he's prepared to trample on his own legacy by appearing on The Voice. And to make matters worse, his vocals just can't hack it on such a show.

Then he goes on to praise the odd corporate act here and there but takes issue with the likes of Thom Yorke. Now he calls for a reunion, just as he knows that this album is indeed going to soon be forgotten.

There was a report about The Stone Roses last week falling out with Liam for being a general pain in the backside. Ian pointed at some Pretty Green hat in the crowd giving it the w*nker sign. Then Reni held up a "Who the f*ck is Liam Gallagher?" T Shirt.

He was going senile years ago... years ago Liams vocals were lightyears ahead of Noels, now it's the other way round. I sincerely hope Noel tells him where to go should he come knocking, Noel can simply go it alone. And the less said about the rest of the band, the better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Liams completely lost the plot...

Knew it was all kicking in years ago when he brought out a clothing range. BE albums, loafers and now in a desperate attempt to match Noels success, he's prepared to trample on his own legacy by appearing on The Voice. And to make matters worse, his vocals just can't hack it on such a show.

Then he goes on to praise the odd corporate act here and there but takes issue with the likes of Thom Yorke. Now he calls for a reunion, just as he knows that this album is indeed going to soon be forgotten.

There was a report about The Stone Roses last week falling out with Liam for being a general pain in the backside. Ian pointed at some Pretty Green hat in the crowd giving it the w*nker sign. Then Reni held up a "Who the f*ck is Liam Gallagher?" T Shirt.

He was going senile years ago... years ago Liams vocals were lightyears ahead of Noels, now it's the other way round. I sincerely hope Noel tells him where to go should he come knocking, Noel can simply go it alone. And the less said about the rest of the band, the better.

Unfortunately I agree...

The Beady Eye album isn't even that great and they're selling out on levels Oasis/Noel wouldn't dream of...
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was used to my fave Oasis song being The Importance of Being Idle. I decided on my top 40 songs from 2004-13 today, and it made my top 20. However, it was beaten my Noel Gallagher's High-Flying Birds with AKA What a Life, which made my top 10 (and was my fave song from 2011). So, Noel is unique for having 2 songs in my top 20 within my mid-Decade chart!
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam has so far tweeted..

OASI

Either he's on a wind up or they're getting back together. Was always inevitable.
  • Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam has so far tweeted..

OASI

Either he's on a wind up or they're getting back together. Was always inevitable.

Waiting for the next S is like torture!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final S is there.

Glasto?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final S is there.

Glasto?

"OASIS LG"?

I'm pretty sure most people on twitter hate him at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He signs his tweets LG .. so he's basically just saying Oasis.

I'm guessing some sort of announcement tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Liam teasing everyone.