Comments

• Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Not that I'm aware of.

Does like a photobomb though

Not someone you'd want to meet on a dark night.

Looks like he'd run away from a silver bullet, he does. Probably has very hairy palms too. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of them will be at other clubs or retired so they don't have much to worry about there.

Round up some of these softies and give them some extra training sessions.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them will be at other clubs or retired so they don't have much to worry about there.

This is complete guesswork on my part, but I suspect the main source of discontent over that might be a certain Scouser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    This is complete guesswork on my part, but I suspect the main source of discontent over that might be a certain Scouser.

I hear Colleen's managed to shift the baby weight.

Him indoors? ;-)
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW, has anyone seen the video of Homer Simpson laughing at Moyes getting hit with a ball during the Bayern match :D.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/04/manchester-united-fires-david-moyes-whats-next
    Just scroll down the article.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he needs humiliating any more (though I've seen that pic pre-sacking), despite a nice pay off, it's going to be in history for all time that he was a failure here, no amount of money will change it. That's bad enough for someone who seems like a nice guy who tried his best, but ultimately wasn't up to the task of managing the biggest football club in the world.

I hope he gets a warm reception the next time he's at OT.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    dmuk wrote: »
    I hope he gets a warm reception the next time he's at OT.

You think he'll get the Edward Woodward treatment from the Wicker Man?!? Bloody animals!
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some players let the club down and under performed.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    I know you lot probably don't appreciate a Liverpool supporters opinion on these things, but from our perspective I really hope you don't get Ancelotti. The guy just manages football teams really well. He'd be a great stabalising influence.

As for Van Gaal: he has the reputation of being an arse kicker so I reckon you'd definitely have quite a clear out under him.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Moyes took over are any of you surprised, he wasn't made to keep the coaching staff, considering the success the coaches had, with the club the size it is, and how successful I thought they would have jested a manager, who fit in the jigsaw.

Pepi Mel for an example, was told he had to work around Keith Downing and Dean Kiely,, Maybe for at least the first season Moyes should have been told, this is your coaching setup, if come after one season, you are doing well, then we will look again.

He basically, turned u into Everton with Man U players
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Moyes took over are any of you surprised, he wasn't made to keep the coaching staff, considering the success the coaches had, with the club the size it is, and how successful I thought they would have jested a manager, who fit in the jigsaw.

Pepi Mel for an example, was told he had to work around Keith Downing and Dean Kiely,, Maybe for at least the first season Moyes should have been told, this is your coaching setup, if come after one season, you are doing well, then we will look again.

He basically, turned u into Everton with Man U players

You can't impose those restrictions on a new manager and expect him to have any credibility, in my opinion.

It was always going to be extremely difficult for him to gain the respect of the players, telling him that he couldn't bring in his own men would have exacerbated that, I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't impose those restrictions on a new manager and expect him to have any credibility, in my opinion.

It was always going to be extremely difficult for him to gain the respect of the players, telling him that he couldn't bring in his own men would have exacerbated that, I think.

West Brom made Pepi Mel, work with the old team, that is why the situation dragged on for ages
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    West Brom made Pepi Mel, work with the old team, that is why the situation dragged on for ages

Yes, I understand that, but the two situations are vastly different.

Mel wasn't replacing a legendary, long-serving, serial winner, and he wasn't inheriting a team of multiple medal winners. He didn't have anywhere near the same challenge, in terms of earning the players' respect.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member

Yes, Round and Lumsden were the quality we really did not need and are as equally culpable as anyone. Another unintended consequence of an already poor decision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I understand that, but the two situations are vastly different.

Mel wasn't replacing a legendary, long-serving, serial winner, and he wasn't inheriting a team of multiple medal winners. He didn't have anywhere near the same challenge, in terms of earning the players' respect.

Yeah I can see your point, but from a mural fans position, Sir Alex, Mike Phelean seemed animated.

Moyes, Round and Neville, looked like Dumb and Dumber
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I can see your point, but from a mural fans position, Sir Alex, Mike Phelean seemed animated.

Moyes, Round and Neville, looked like Dumb and Dumber

I appreciate that with hindsight it appears to have been a foolish move (and actually looked questionable at the time).

I just don't agree that Moyes should have been told that he couldn't do it.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He would have looked hamstrung from the off if he couldn't have brought in his own staff, a new manager should do things as he sees fit, and which will in his view help him to achieve what he wants to achieve.
    If that means using people that he feels comfortable, and that he trusts, then that is far better than foisting some people that he does not know upon him.

Yes, in this case it has not worked out, but that is no reason to just deduct that it was wrong of us to allow him to put together what he wanted at the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Moyes going, does it mean it will be less likely Man U will go in for the likes of Barkley and Coleman, saying this with my Everton head on
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    It was supposedly one of Ferguson's prime pieces of advice to young managers: don't let players take the piss and make a fool of you. Moyes certainly had that no-nonsense, not to be messed with reputation at Everton. Somehow or other the reputations of the Man Utd players ended up being bigger than his, and nobody seemed to stop it spiraling out of control.
    I wonder if he'd spent a year as an assistant to Ferguson; being seen to be trusted by 'the man' and gradually being given more and more control over the team as the season went on would have helped or hindered his case? I suppose the final irony was with Fellaini: a player who was heroic for him at Everton, yet so intimated at Utd he totally embodied Moyes' meekness to the rest of the dressing room.
  • Options
    toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Least Scholes now has a role at the club even when we get a new full time manager the likes of him and Giggs should have some role, or even better red Nev
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    People keep saying that Moyes is a nice guy and honourable and all that but i have to be honest and say i really dont know where this is coming from based on anything he said during his time with us. I dont mean to kick a man when he is down, but 90% of his interaction with people in the media had me in various states of cringing, from his inept comments about Fabregas and the Baines & Fellaini bids, to the bitching about the fixtures right through to the Sir Alex would have struggled with this squad comments which seemed to be that of a man who would crap on others to save his own skin.

Maybe he is a great guy but i cant say ive seen the evidence of it hugely. Not that it really matters now anyway.
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Scholes and Butt have arrived at the training ground to assist Giggsy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But how will they be able to concentrate on training, with their Salford City commitments?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    People keep saying that Moyes is a nice guy and honourable and all that but i have to be honest and say i really dont know where this is coming from based on anything he said during his time with us. I dont mean to kick a man when he is down, but 90% of his interaction with people in the media had me in various states of cringing, from his inept comments about Fabregas and the Baines & Fellaini bids, to the bitching about the fixtures right through to the Sir Alex would have struggled with this squad comments which seemed to be that of a man who would crap on others to save his own skin.

Maybe he is a great guy but i cant say ive seen the evidence of it hugely. Not that it really matters now anyway.

It seems to stem from the idea that he tried his best. Granted it's not his fault he was selected for the job but as you say it was quickly becoming clear there were no depths he wouldn't sink to to cover his own back no matter how hypocritical and delusional it made him look
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    That's a good point you raise there Jim.
This discussion has been closed.