Options

Ben Elton's 'Happy Families'

Mr BungleMr Bungle Posts: 965
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm trying to track down a copy of this series in it's entirity on either VHS or DVD for my wife (it was her favourite show when she was a kid! :confused: ).

Can anyone help me with this?

Obviously I'm more than willing to pay for a copy.

A PM or email with any possible assistance would be most gratefully receieved.

And as I've stared a thread on it, would anyone care to reminisce about it?

I recall it not being particularly good, but having a very strong cast:- French & Saunders, Rik & Ade, Fry & Laurie, Nigel Planer, Jim Broadbent, Lenny Henry, Ruby Wax, etc

In fact, with a cast like that I'm surprised the BBC have never released it!

Comments

• Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe they never did either, I may still have a home taped copy of all six episodes from when they repeated it in 1988
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    It was a thousand times better than anything Elton's done in the past 10 years. Very early Chris Barrie appearance too, if memory serves me correctly, in the Soap Opera actress episode. Surprised they didn't repeat or release it on the back of AbFab's success, given how much of the series is Jen Saunders.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see it again as it would be like watching it for the first time.

Unlike, say, Black Adder where you virtually know the script off by heart...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was class telly. First thing I ever saw Jennifer Saunders in.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got all the episodes on tape, although the quality is probably pretty poor, given it's around 20 years old now.
  • Options
    Mr BungleMr Bungle Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote:
    I've got all the episodes on tape, although the quality is probably pretty poor, given it's around 20 years old now.

Any chance of a copy?

I'll pay all necessary expenses.