Lorraine Chase quits the Dales

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if its already been posted but couldnt see anything....
Emmerdale actress Lorraine Chase has decided to quit the Yorkshire-based soap after four years in the role.

Lorraine, who plays the Dales' Steph Stokes, will bow out at the end of the year in a storyline which ensures closure for the character.

Of her decision to leave, the actress said: "Four years ago Steve Frost, our then producer of Emmerdale, presented me with a complex character. I have enjoyed greatly the challenge he set. I hope Steph's fans will agree, she was an unpredictable and intriguing crazy lady and I loved her but there is only so much a good girl can do!

"I have decided to leave Steph to her fate and re-unite with friends and family and get a life. Thank you Emmerdale and thank you all our lovely viewers."

Series Producer, Kathleen Beedles added: "After four years of fantastic stories we are very sorry that Lorraine will be leaving, but are excited about the terrific storyline that is coming up for her."

:(

Comments

• bramallbladebramallblade Posts: 1,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah we have known this for about 3 weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i read that in the paper a few weeks ago
  • 9021090210 Posts: 14,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is old news. Tut tut DS.
  • PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't DS have it up the first time around, and have posted it again today because they have a bit more information like when she leaves? Just a thought, I was just as puzzled when I saw it today as it was old news :D Of course if they didn't put it up the first time around then indeed Tut Tut DS :(
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Yeh, I saw it on DS first a few weeks ago!
  • kingoftvkingoftv Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was in Inside Soap about a month ago, ds should take it off as one of their top headlines.
  • LoveSadieKing05LoveSadieKing05 Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally she goes!
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one that doesn't love Steph?

She is an Ok character but after everything with Shelly I just can't love her anymore, but I have to admit I loved her when she first arrived.

Her relationship with Marlon and Tricia was amazing, nowadays tho she only has Alan, Dr Tree and Betty to relly on, Sorry I meant Dr Adam. Even the great Betty can't save her. :(

But Mrs Chase is a spectacular actress and Patsy Kensit is milies and milies off Lorraine's standards tho I think she will regret leaving. :eek:

Lets hope Tubby *As he is refered to on these boards* goes soon afterwards :D that would be compencation for the loss of Steph
  • CaramelsCaramels Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Hot, I didn't know LC was leaving Emmerdale.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like she'll be killed off as it mentions a "close to her character".
  • RoanRoan Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like she'll be killed off as it mentions a "close to her character".

I don't know why, but I think you may be right :( Lorraine will be sadly missed IMO. Emmerdale have/are loosing some great characters this year :mad: Cain, Sadie, Noreen and Steph I will particularly will miss :cry:
  • bramallbladebramallblade Posts: 1,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph is a good character no doubt. Never been a massive fan though.

I hate Dr Death as he is such a rip off of Richard Hillman and it annoys me. Can't wait to see him leave.
  • PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roan wrote:
    I don't know why, but I think you may be right :( Lorraine will be sadly missed IMO. Emmerdale have/are loosing some great characters this year :mad: Cain, Sadie, Noreen and Steph I will particularly will miss :cry:

Those three words in the same sentence :eek: :eek: I agree with the others though :D

Poor Turner will have no blood relatives left at this rate, unless some long lost grandchildren turn up :confused:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three weeks ago I made a thread on this when the news come in. DS very slow of late. :D

What will we have next? The news that Emmerdale are to have a house collapse?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Steph will probably die as a result of whatever her leaving storyline is. In Soapland, anyone who's gone through what Steph has doesn't usually get off easily.