Hannah Murray - New Companion????

Andyn91Andyn91 Posts: 39
Forum Member
well according to the NOTW today???!!! Interesting choice!

Comments

• Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Link here

I don't watch Skins, so have never heard of her before.
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Skins and thought she played Cassie wonderfully. If it did turn out to be her I would be happy. She'd be really different to Rose, Martha and Donna, probably. As long as she doesn't say 'wow' a lot, lol, she'd be great.
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that's true then they're definitely not casting someone older to balance out Matt, are they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, if this is true it could end up like, amazing or something. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With this news , Doctor Who 90210 is complete!
    I'm suddenly feeling very old at 31 after reading that news and seeing the trailer for the new Star Trek movie:eek:
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I'm suddenly feeling very old at 31 after reading that news and seeing the trailer for the new Star Trek movie:eek:

Zachary Quinto is 31.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zachary Quinto is 31.

Thanks for that NC but Spock always had that old man with wisdom alien quality about him , even back with Nimoy in the original series.
    Just hope the Doctors don't get too younger after Matt Smith , otherwise it could be DW meets Grange Hill!
  • scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see the problem hes 26 but playing a character aged 9000+ years old. Do you want a granddad with a walking stick to play the part? lol

Great news if it is Hannah, a fine choice! :)
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scott26985 wrote: »
    I dont see the problem hes 26 but playing a character aged 9000+ years old. Do you want a granddad with a walking stick to play the part? lol

Great news if it is Hannah, a fine choice! :)

I thought he was only a youthful 900?
  • stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... another scoop from our old friend Mr (or Ms) Unnamed Source, about someone who's already appeared with Matt Smith in the same play that also starred one-off companion Lindsay Duncan.

I won't be holding my breath for the official announcement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    That comparison is flawed

Zachary Quinto (Spock) is 31
    Karl Urban (McCoy) is 36
    Simon Pegg (Scotty) is 39
    John Cho (Sulu) is 36
    Zoe Saldana (Uhura) is 30
    Chris Pine (Kick) is 28

Anthony Yelchin is 19 yes but Chekov is meant to be much younger than the others

Figures from Wiki

Plus we need to remind you that Peter Davison was 29 when he first appeared on our screens, close to Matt Smith who will be 28 when he finally hits the screen
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Is it me or does she bare a slight resemblance to She Who Must Not Be Named (Sally Sparrow)?

By the way, why do people moan on here about the love for her? Are we guys not allowed to have some eye candy in the show too? The female fans have the doc do they not?

Not that I was a fan of Sally's myself.

Anyway, Sally was brilliant in Skins so I don't have a problem with her casting, if this is true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Link here

I don't watch Skins, so have never heard of her before.
    stcoop wrote: »
    So... another scoop from our old friend Mr (or Ms) Unnamed Source, about someone who's already appeared with Matt Smith in the same play that also starred one-off companion Lindsay Duncan.

I won't be holding my breath for the official announcement.

I was just about to ask how they had a picture together.....thanks for that info Stcoop:)
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Hannah was brilliant in Skins, one of the only ones who made the first two series watchable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Serebii wrote: »
    That comparison is flawed

Zachary Quinto (Spock) is 31
    Karl Urban (McCoy) is 36
    Simon Pegg (Scotty) is 39
    John Cho (Sulu) is 36
    Zoe Saldana (Uhura) is 30
    Chris Pine (Kick) is 28

Anthony Yelchin is 19 yes but Chekov is meant to be much younger than the others

Figures from Wiki

Plus we need to remind you that Peter Davison was 29 when he first appeared on our screens, close to Matt Smith who will be 28 when he finally hits the screen

Fair enough , most of the enterprise crew look like they're in their late teens in those trailers to me. Darn hollywood and it's youthful enduring make up!;)
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scott26985 wrote: »

No, not a "grandad with a walking stick". Just a slightly older actor, say 35-45.

I'm open to be convinced about such a young actor playing the Doctor; I really hope it works. I'm just not wholly convinced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I've never watched Skins before, and thus I have no idea who she is. But she looks like the kind of girl who could be the companion, and plus, I think she's hot :D
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iHelix wrote: »
    I've never watched Skins before, and thus I have no idea who she is. But she looks like the kind of girl who could be the companion, and plus, I think she's hot :D

I'm not familiar with her either, but hotness is always good in a companion :D (though not of course the sole criteria)
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief she looks about 12 in that picture. You can tell your getting old when the companions start looking younger :s

Personally i have faith in the production stuff of the show and if they think this girl, or whoever it might be, is the one then that is good enough for me. Then we just wait until the series starts and can make our judgements there. Personally I was never convinced when they announced Billie or Catherine and we all know how awful that worked out :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I'd love Hannah Murray to be the companion, she'd be an amazing addition to the pantheon.
    And for all those complaining about age: shut up. You're probably one of the old ones and you had your turn with crusty old Doctors. Keep it zipped and be happy for Matt Smith and whoever the next companion is or don't watch it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ayre123 wrote: »
    I'd love Hannah Murray to be the companion, she'd be an amazing addition to the pantheon.
    And for all those complaining about age: shut up. You're probably one of the old ones and you had your turn with crusty old Doctors. Keep it zipped and be happy for Matt Smith and whoever the next companion is or don't watch it.

Ha ha ha, well said! :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ayre123 wrote: »

PMSL!!
  • s.castles.castle Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    According to Wiki, she is currently reading English at Queen's College, Cambridge. Not sure how long that course is, but I am assuming 4 years. If both I and the NOTW are right, she's gonna have to give up the course.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    The characters in Sarah Jane will be older at this rate!
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Fair enough , most of the enterprise crew look like they're in their late teens in those trailers to me. Darn hollywood and it's youthful enduring make up!;)

Well it's not only that. I suppose they're supposed to mostly be in their early to mid-twenties as characters, with McCoy and Scottie a bit older. But it's not how old they are - it's that we associate those characters as being perpetually older than us. But this is about their early career. If you think about it, Kirk even at the start of the original series was ridiculously young to be captain of a starship. Picard, Cisco, Janeway and Archer were much more believable ages for command.

The Doctor is another matter entirely. I really don't think it matters much what age the actor is, provided he's up to the physical challenges that go with the part. Depending on the individual, it could be anywhere from 20 to 60, but I'd expect most future Doctors to be in the 30-40 range.