Options

Pixie Lott

TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can't stand her. Don't know why. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Generic, Blonde, Blah. She'll be forgotten in a month.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a friend of mine so NO i don't

May i ask for you reasons?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mind her as it goes.

She's a far better local celeb for us than La Marsh
  • Options
    TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a friend of mine so NO i don't

May i ask for you reasons?

Errr...I started the thread because I couldn't put my finger on it!!! But since you ask me...

I think it's just the whole manufactured pop stuff again. I read an interview with her yesterday, and she just came across as having every single thing handed to her on a platter. It's hard to get excited about artists like that, IMHO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hasnt had everything handed to her, she's been working very hard for this since she was about 5! She spent school holidays doing exams and going to auditions, she was rejected and then picked up etc...

I can't change your mind and i'm not going to but i will say she has worked extremely hard for this, its all she ever wanted to do
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In truth, she's forgettable. She also seems like a clone of Natasha Bedingfield. That's why I think she'll be forgotten in a month. IMO
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand her. Don't know why. Anyone else agree?

No, I don't..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would your mama do?

That's a TUNEEEEEEEE right there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes beautiful, talented and has the world at her feet so i guess a lot of girls are going to be jealous of her and the claws are gonna come out. I'm not gonna defend her on here anymore, just going to take all the sniping as bitterness and jealously
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not jealous. I don't want to be chewed up and spat out by the media and the music industry.
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She puts me in mind of Sandy Thom for some reason. Not a bad voice but ordinary songs (so far). and as for the video for Mama Do.........tacky to the extreme imo.
  • Options
    80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    You can take it as you want LondonGirl. Personally I can't stand her or that bloody awful song either. Like the OP said there's something about her you just can't quite put your finger on. Singers like her are two a penny, she'll be forgotten about very soon. She's very average.

I most certainly am not jealous BTW. I never wanted to be a singer or have success. I am very happy in my life, I have enough money to get by and have luxuries. I like my job and what I do and I wouldn't change a thing.

Good luck to the girl if that what she wants to do. But people have a opinions good or bad and just because you disagree with someones opinion dosen't make them jealous. That's a very narrow minded and juvenile view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not jealous. I don't want to be chewed up and spat out by the media and the music industry.

I meant jealous that she had a dream and she worked her arse off to make it come true. Not many people do that. Just do happens her dream involves music and being in the public eye. Thats no reason to hate someone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80's chick wrote: »
    You can take it as you want LondonGirl. Personally I can't stand her or that bloody awful song either. Like the OP said there's something about her you just can't quite put your finger on. Singers like her are two a penny, she'll be forgotten about very soon. She's very average.

I most certainly am not jealous BTW. I never wanted to be a singer or have success. I am very happy in my life, I have enough money to get by and have luxuries. I like my job and what I do and I wouldn't change a thing.

Good luck to the girl if that what she wants to do. But people have a opinions good or bad and just because you disagree with someones opinion dosen't make them jealous. That's a very narrow minded and juvenile view.

Sticking up for a friend is not juvenile. Listing all the good things in your life is very juvenile. I'm not going to argue with people and you can try and say what you like. The fact is she is an 18 year old girl living her dream, she may only last one album, she may be around for a while, who knows but at least she can look back one day and see that all her hard work has paid off and she got to do the thing she has always wanted to do.

Having a few internet forum members spit out bile about her won't mean anything when she's winning recognition and awards from other professionals.
  • Options
    80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    Sticking up for a friend is not juvenile. Listing all the good things in your life is very juvenile. I'm not going to argue with people and you can try and say what you like. The fact is she is an 18 year old girl living her dream, she may only last one album, she may be around for a while, who knows but at least she can look back one day and see that all her hard work has paid off and she got to do the thing she has always wanted to do.

Having a few internet forum members spit out bile about her won't mean anything when she's winning recognition and awards from other professionals.

Like I said before good luck to her.

FWIW listing all the things in your life that makes you happy is not juvenile. It goes to show that you can be happy without having success and fame. Ordinary people can live just a fruitful and wonderful life without all the trappings that goes with being in the spotlight.

Being juvenile is having a debate or discussion but flouncing and calling people jealous just because they don't agree with your opinions.

I will take no further part in this discussion as I have made my point without resorting to personal insults. It's called being an adult..

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    Shes beautiful, talented and has the world at her feet so i guess a lot of girls are going to be jealous of her and the claws are gonna come out. I'm not gonna defend her on here anymore, just going to take all the sniping as bitterness and jealously

Let's not forget that the reason why a woman dislikes another woman is ALWAYS jealousy. Always. There is never any other reason, it's just secret jealousy. Because you can't dislike someone because you think they are boring/bitchy/up their own arse/untalented/unoriginal etc etc. No they are not proper reasons. It's all about the jealousy!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you havent actually given any reasons have you?!

You just said "Can't stand her!"
  • Options
    goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video is very odd,I can't make head nor tail of it.I think she looks so beautiful in the video.I can't really judge the song as I have only heard it once and to be honest that style is not really my cup of tea.
  • Options
    HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really a fan, Doesn't really seem to have a distinguishable personality from the rest of the blonde 'look at me I want to be edgy' popstars if you get me.
    Shes a pretty girl yes but pretty doesn't equal talented.
    I don't like her music but i'm not going to get overly personal, mainly because I don't get my claws out on a Sunday.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flaxseed: er no actually. It's not always jealousy, you can dislike something/someone and not be jealous about it. I don't like Katie/Jordan, and I'm SERIOUSLY not jealous of that! (FYI I can't stand her because she is constantly popping up all over the shop being an annoying tw~t!) And finding something/someone boring is a reason to not like it/them.

Londongirl25: despite me not being a fan of P.L. I have to admire you for being a good friend and defending her.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    newwoman wrote: »
    Don't mind her as it goes.

She's a far better local celeb for us than La Marsh

I like La Marsh!!

But Pixie Lott- meh, not too fussed either way. Nowt special.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't massively warmed to her as of yet. I haven't seen her interviewed so am putting it down to the adverts which were telling me that she was the new big thing in pop music.

I always tend to be doubtful when adverts make claims like that and don't quote it and I was less than impressed by her first song but you never know it might all change :)
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Young female with a good voice, very pretty, being quite successful... yeah, she'll be hated on here.

(Tbh, I could have stopped at "young female". ;) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flaxseed: er no actually. It's not always jealousy, you can dislike something/someone and not be jealous about it. I don't like Katie/Jordan, and I'm SERIOUSLY not jealous of that! (FYI I can't stand her because she is constantly popping up all over the shop being an annoying tw~t!) And finding something/someone boring is a reason to not like it/them.

Londongirl25: despite me not being a fan of P.L. I have to admire you for being a good friend and defending her.

Thank you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I took Flaxseed's post to be ironic