Something odd about Rory's hospital ID Badge - look at this pic...

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
It says it was 'issued' on 30/11/1990

How can that be?? Thats 20 years ago...??

Thats more closer to his DOB surely??

any ideas??

check the pic out and lets hear your theories....

http://i44.tinypic.com/fw0oea.jpg

Comments

• musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Well it makes you wonder if meeting Amy in adult form is even set in 2010 but then people taking pictures with their phones isn't something you would have saw in the 1990's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    It says it was 'issued' on 30/11/1990

How can that be?? Thats 20 years ago...??

Thats more closer to his DOB surely??

any ideas??

check the pic out and lets hear your theories....

http://i44.tinypic.com/fw0oea.jpg

Well spotted ! And the mobile phones were definitely mobile phones from the noughties so we can't use a theory that last night episode happened in the 90's.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Well it makes you wonder if meeting Amy in adult form is even set in 2010 but then people taking pictures with their phones isn't something you would have saw in the 1990's.

Exactly, that's what I though -- and the touch screen phone the Doc was using was bang up to date too...

The mystery continues!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Not a mystery, IMO, just a mistake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Roy is the master!!!

I'm off back to bed.
    Forum Member
    Orion wrote: »

Surely not though, as the camera made a point of zooming right up to it...
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Oh superb! A mystery already. The Doctor seemed to be 'scanning' Amy when she first stepped on board the TARDIS and I wouldn't be at all surprised if all his 'time jumping' wasn't as random/accidental as he made out.

I bet her boyfriend isn't what he seems . . .
    Forum Member
    the only other explanation is that Rory is 38 and was issued his pass when he was 18..??

Actually, scrub that -- that would maked Rory 40 at least, as that was all in the 2 years before segement...
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    You don't think Rory was kissogram like Amy? And the badge ID was just a cover of course to make it seem he is a Nurse.
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    You don't think Rory was kissogram like Amy? And the badge ID was just a cover of course to make it seem he is a Nurse.

No, because you see him working in the hospital with Zainab
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus the Millennium Dome was present when the doctor was hurtling down to see Amelia Pond - 14 years later puts the end of the episode set in about 2013 (at least)...
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Bertypop wrote: »
    Plus the Millennium Dome was present when the doctor was hurtling down to see Amelia Pond - 14 years later puts the end of the episode set in about 2013 (at least)...

Exciting - means that Adam from season 1 can make a guest appearance!
  • nyingynyingy Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orion wrote: »

The NHS IT problems strike again... ;)

nyingy
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »

At first I assumed a time jump between the bit over London and the bit in the garden, then I depressingly realised that the Millennium Dome was completed 11 years ago and quite possibly had its outer shell at least 12.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It also says Emergency Unit, I thought he worked in the coma ward? Another odd thing is why does a small village have a hospital with a coma ward?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Also when the woman with the two girls confronted them in the hospital, shouldn't he have recognised her as one of his coma patients? (she was shown earlier in the show in a bed in the ward)
  • bunnydsbunnyds Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cars in the village were modern as well. The episode is definitely set in the "present" but either they have cocked up hugely (issued should have been DOB) or there is more to it than meets the eye.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    It also says Emergency Unit, I thought he worked in the coma ward? Another odd thing is why does a small village have a hospital with a coma ward?

My guess is that it was just a makeshift ward as there were so many locals in a coma?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    Poor Mr Moffat, he's now got years of you saddos forensically analyzing every single frame of each show looking for a hidden revelation or spotting any slight error.

;). Well spotted :D.
    Forum Member
    Poor Mr Moffat, he's now got years of you saddos forensically analyzing every single frame of each show looking for a hidden revelation or spotting any slight error.

;). Well spotted :D.

LOL!!! well when I first saw it I assumed it was his DOB , then I though he looks a bit too old for 19/20 then it dawned on me... Issued!??!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also on the roof you will catch the Dr reaching for his key in his coat, twice after the Eye flees the scene..... what they call a continuity error......
  • Saint_ErrantSaint_Errant Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Bloody Hell - how eagle eyed are you!!!!!

My theory is Rory is a Zygon!
    Forum Member
    Bloody Hell - how eagle eyed are you!!!!!

My theory is Rory is a Zygon!

Some might call me a 'nitpicker' when it comes to Doctor Who! lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very well spotted, and as the sequence was supposed to represent the Dr's observations, does that mean he knows?

Oh, and did anyone else spot the crack on the Tardis scanner? Check 1:00.33 on iplayer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That crack was just the same as the one in Amys room.