Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice to see her address her fans. So she has an announcement soon.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »

Great that she is on the mend and ready to give out a statement to her fans. Looking forward to hearing what she will be doing next and I wish her all the best in the world! She is a great girl and she will come back bigger and stronger. Cheryl will not be held back for too long and its so good to see her fighting spirit!
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great that she is on the mend and ready to give out a statement to her fans. Looking forward to hearing what she will be doing next and I wish her all the best in the world! She is a great girl and she will come back bigger and stronger. Cheryl will not be held back for too long and its so good to see her fighting spirit!

yes, it is good news. she could have sold her story or done an exclusive tv interview. instead she addressed her fans.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, it is good news. she could have sold her story or done an exclusive tv interview. instead she addressed her fans.

Yes, totally! Cheryl is obviously not the fame hungry, after every penny she can get, person that so many people like to think of her on here! She is a person that appreciates her fans for worrying about her. A genuine girl that truly cares!
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww what a shame she was doing so well
  • Options
    Will MitchellWill Mitchell Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be happy to hear from her, when the words X Factor aren't uttered. I think Cheryl will be fine. And she will soon step out of the X Factor shadow. She did 3 years, thats enough anyways. Let the new girls at it, they need it more than she does.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad she is doing well, i just look forward to see what she is going to do next.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why let the press misquote her or twist it? This way its her words without filter. People can make up their own minds.

Plus, she doesn't need the money.

Glad she's doing well. I thought she should take a break and re-assess her next steps.
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    --- content and words inspired by Lady Gaga

Glad she is staying strong. hope to see her re-joining GA soon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    She kind of has to join GA, what other project has she got left.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone from an other planet reading that would think she had a terminal illness and not just lost a job coz she wasn't up to it like millions of ordinary people :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To the fans, it's devastating but what were fox supposed to do, she was arrogant and refused to listen to them. They would have kept her on only to crash and burn within a couple of seasons. They needed Scherzinger.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    "In a post on her official site addressed to her "soldiers", "

Her soldiers? Stupid cow!

What a kick in the teeth to the real servicemen and servicewomen putting their lives in danger and then having her fans compared to them because they sent letters and prezzies to her.
  • Options
    radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, the "soldiers" do bring in the cash so she can pay for the next fashion disaster and public rejection.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, totally! Cheryl is obviously not the fame hungry, after every penny she can get, person that so many people like to think of her on here! She is a person that appreciates her fans for worrying about her. A genuine girl that truly cares!

So... her performance for a cancer charity that earned her almost a quarter of a million pounds for just 35 minutes "work"? And taking £1.5m for about 4 days work on XF. And then milking the attention, presents and worship for all it's worth for getting SACKED?

Yeah... definitely not all about the money or fame.
  • Options
    AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old is she? 5:eek:

What a load of patronising claptrap.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    So... her performance for a cancer charity that earned her almost a quarter of a million pounds for just 35 minutes "work"? And taking £1.5m for about 4 days work on XF. And then milking the attention, presents and worship for all it's worth for getting SACKED?

Yeah... definitely not all about the money or fame.

Appearance fees are part of the industry and normally arranged by agents.

I don't see how saying nothing for 3 weeks, not giving an interview and not being seen in public is "milking the attention".

Taking £1.5m for 35 minutes, well would you say no ? How much do think Adbul and Cowell earn :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Appearance fees are part of the industry and normally arranged by agents.

I don't see how saying nothing for 3 weeks, not giving an interview and not being seen in public is "milking the attention".

Taking £1.5m for 35 minutes, well would you say no ? How much do think Adbul and Cowell earn :rolleyes:

Appearance fees worth a quarter of a million... for a cancer charity? I'm sure loads of celebrities (the rich ones at least and hopefully the ones who are less so also) would perform for free for a charity :rolleyes:

She hasn't said anything but her PR will have been in full force. Where else will the media be getting their stories from? Because if she isn't in the papers... she's nothing.

Some Cheryl fans make me laugh. They genuinely cannot comprehend that people do not like their sweetheart. It kind of reminds me of Sue Sylvester in Glee. Cheryl's not so complimentary critics give multiple reasons for not liking her and for her not deserving her success, but it just goes straight over their heads and they plead ignorance. For example:

Critics: Toilet-gate.
    Fans: She made a mistake! Apart from that, you have no proof!
    Critics: Slagging off numerous celebrities including Lily Allen, Charlotte Church, Nicole Scherzinger, All Saints, The Pussycat Dolls
    Fans: She was young and naive! Apart from that, you have no proof!
    Critics: Cheryl's less than attractive personality on Girls Aloud documentaries such as Passions where she came across as a spoilt, whiny, selfish little brat.
    Fans: Apart from that, you have no proof!
    Critics: Cheryl's inability to sing a note in tune.
    Fans: YES SHE CAN! LOOK AT THIS SNOW PATROL VIDEO! YOU HAVE NO PROOF!
    Critics: Cheryl's aggressiveness and sulkiness coming out on XF - Jedward, Wagner, with Simon and Louis.
    Fans: She's just sticking up for herself!!! She's fiercely proud of her working class roots.
    Critics: When was the last time she visited her family up in Newcastle?
    Fans: She's busy!! you have no proof! She's such a nice, private, dignified person...

Ad nauseum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How can you agree to take money from a charity that it desperately trying to raise it? Her album sales must be crappier than the fans thought.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't said anything but her PR will have been in full force. Where else will the media be getting their stories from? Because if she isn't in the papers... she's nothing.

Do you not understand how it works?. Watch Charlie Brooker's screenwipe. They can make stories out of nothing to compensate for her lack of recent exposure. Cheryl sells papers, it's a 2 way relationship. Her PR have more important clients to worry about e.g. The Saturdays.

8 years ago. :rolleyes:
    Critics: Slagging off numerous celebrities including Lily Allen, Charlotte Church, Nicole Scherzinger, All Saints, The Pussycat Dolls
    Lily Allen gives it, so she got it back. Nicole and All Saints weren't slagging, it was her opinion. Nicole still has yet to prove she stands out from the rest. Charlotte Church was the only petty one.
    Critics: Cheryl's less than attractive personality on Girls Aloud documentaries such as Passions where she came across as a spoilt, whiny, selfish little brat.
    I thought she was funny in that. In the passions doc she was enthusiastic and bubbly. At least she took part unlike another bandmate.
    When she's confident she's okay. When she's nervous she sounds like a dog in heat. Look at Nicola's solo performance, terrible because of nerves.
    Critics: Cheryl's aggressiveness and sulkiness coming out on XF - Jedward, Wagner, with Simon and Louis.
    Highly exaggerated statement
    How would you know either way?.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Appearance fees worth a quarter of a million... for a cancer charity? I'm sure loads of celebrities (the rich ones at least and hopefully the ones who are less so also) would perform for free for a charity :rolleyes:

O rly ?

In 2009 Mel B refused to waive her appearance for "Make A Wish Foundation".

The fee was actually paid for by Next and not the charity. Do remind me who climbed Kilimanjaro and established her own charity in the North East for vulnerable people.

How do know it's her "PR" and not the usual tabloid speculation :rolleyes: Are you so gullible they you believe in the press is done by PR.

The barrel is getting emptier by the day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I don’t like Cheryl but I’m glad she’s ok. Her fans need to calm down and release that she’s wasn’t/isn’t dying. She was just sacked from her job, which happens to thousands of people, but they don’t get to walk away with 1.4 million in the bank for just 4 days of work. I don’t doubt it was humiliating for Cheryl that the whole country knew about her departure but that’s the price of fame. You have to take the rough with the smooth. Cheryl and her fans should be happy and grateful that she’s alive and well unlike some people who died and lost everything in Japan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    [Critics: Slagging off numerous celebrities including Lily Allen, Charlotte Church, Nicole Scherzinger, All Saints, The Pussycat Dolls
    Lily Allen gives it, so she got it back. Nicole and All Saints weren't slagging, it was her opinion. Nicole still has yet to prove she stands out from the rest. Charlotte Church was the only petty one.

Not particullary aimed at you gasppanic, but it is a little ironic that her fans, (as a group, again not aimed at you) tell those who critise her that they are 'slagging her off'

Example i say: Cheryl is a chick with a dick and doesnt stand out, she doesnt have those special qualities, and she'll never make it on her own. she should make an ad for Walkers Crisps, so i could say 'The one where she's stuffing her face? I think that's very appropriate!'*

Now i am not slagging her off, im just voicing my opinion

*disclaimer this is not my opinion of cheryl just illustrating a point using "opinions" cheryl has used of others

i certainity dont think anyone will be defending me for voicing that opinion do you?
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member

Some Cheryl fans make me laugh. They genuinely cannot comprehend that people do not like their sweetheart. It kind of reminds me of Sue Sylvester in Glee. Cheryl's not so complimentary critics give multiple reasons for not liking her and for her not deserving her success, but it just goes straight over their heads and they plead ignorance. For example:

Fans: She made a mistake! Apart from that, you have no proof!
    Fans: She was young and naive! Apart from that, you have no proof!
    Fans: Apart from that, you have no proof!
    Fans: YES SHE CAN! LOOK AT THIS SNOW PATROL VIDEO! YOU HAVE NO PROOF!
    Fans: She's just sticking up for herself!!! She's fiercely proud of her working class roots.
    Fans: She's busy!! you have no proof! She's such a nice, private, dignified person...

Ad nauseum.

See what you mean now ;)