Is anyone else utterly BORED by X Factor this year?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
I watched the first episode & a small bit of last weekend's one & can't remember being so bored by it. It's nothing to do with the judges as I like them; it's just the show itself- the formula is the same regardless of who the judges are:

At some point a good audition comes along & then they keep on coming & all is well with the world.

Then some idiot(s) comes on, followed by a load of other fools & the judge(s) get annoyed at the 'lack of talent on show'.

There will be at least 2 sob stories in one episode.

But the 'day' is rescued by a talent (possibly armed with a sob story) who is hyped up to ridiculous proportions at the end and lauded as 'awesome', 'amazing' etc, until we all get the gist, eg: Misha. I liked her but her voice grated on me by the second verse.

Repeat ad nauseum.

It's got to the point where I missed half of last weekend's ep & I didn't care. :eek:Last year I gave a monkeys about it (from auditions to live shows) but it's all so forgettable this year and I think it's because the formula is so predictable.

Also, WHY are the judges' categories already leaking out already? Where's the suspense?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people will say the opposite
    Last year i was completely and Utterly bored with alll the over hype "omg were gonna show Cheryl collapse" and the Simon/Cheryl love fest.
    The auditions were boring as i don't think i had got used to the audience by then i have now
    also Bootcamp was the worst they have done ever
    Soooooooo glad that the formula for this year BC is not like that.

Each live show pissed me off each week due to several things and the judges looked completely uninterested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was "Utterly Bored" but not any more, I've stopped watching!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drdaws wrote: »
    I was "Utterly Bored" but not any more, I've stopped watching!

I reccomend you stop posting also
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reccomend you stop posting also

Just because you don't agree with them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Just because you don't agree with them?

If you don't watch whats the point of posting
    its a discussion board whats there to discuss if you don't watch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Most people will say the opposite
    Last year i was completely and Utterly bored with alll the over hype "omg were gonna show Cheryl collapse" and the Simon/Cheryl love fest.
    The auditions were boring as i don't think i had got used to the audience by then i have now
    also Bootcamp was the worst they have done ever
    Soooooooo glad that the formula for this year BC is not like that.

Each live show pissed me off each week due to several things and the judges looked completely uninterested.

Well, it's a forum, meaning everyone has opinions, good or bad. So people are allowed to post how they feel or vent.

Anyway I agree last year was the Cowell & Cheryl show, which was awful as their egos took over everything. But this year for me, I think it's more to do with the format than the judges/talent/lack of talent.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    well i think if people dont watch the show and they just come on this thread just to bash the show there is no point in it at all! so they should stop posting.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, for the first time in ages I'm not "utterly bored" by this series. I'm loving it :)
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not bored, but think more action goes on in the after show on ITV2 with Caroline Flack. I love that this year!
    I do like new judges:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    No, because Cowell took his pet to the states. It's far more exciting without them.
  • mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. Last year was unbearable!!!!
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Much, much, much better than last year.

Xtra Factor is also as good as it's ever been, often better than the main show too.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole show last year was beyond awful:mad: I actually love it so far this year.:D
  • jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a little crap so far but I'm hoping it will get better, Gary puts me to sleep during his comments but Kelly is awesome
  • kazzamackazzamac Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferree the old style of auditions without the audience, and this nonsense of going to their houses before they even audition is ridiculous,

Out of the new judges I like Kelly but find Gary a bit too arrogant, Louis is too subdued ATM, Tulisa I neither like/dislike her(would prefer Danni back)
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found the auditions a little dull but I watch them anyway. The show becomes interesting when the lives begin imo.
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping that they would have dropped the live audience auditions as I don't think it works and its too much like BGT. Due to this, we don't see that many auditions which is a shame.

However, the show is so much better than last year which was unbearable to watch due to Cole / Cowell boring love-fest and so glad the panel is much more lively and injected with a new lease of life.

Louis going would have been the icing on the cake!
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's much much better than last year.

Kelly Rowlands is ace, and I like Tulisha and Gary but I wish Louis would crawl under the desk and stay there. XF doesn't need him.
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I'm not bored in fact I would have stopped watching this year if they hadn't had a shake up - it was mucho snooze-fest this time last year!
    I really like the new judges actually & wasn't expecting to like Kelly or Tulisa (thought it would be a loud Yank & a silly girl but I was wrong they know their stuff & come across well).
    Gary is my fave however & not cos I'm a woman of a certain age but because he seems to care about genuinely finding someone with talent (Simon seemed to just have $ signs tattoo'd on his retinas last year).
    I think the live auditions are a good idea personally as I've known some very good singers that once they got on stage dried up & could not perform (I belong to an amateur group).
    They need to know the ones that get through to the final 12 can hack the pressure & won't corpse in front of thousands in the audience & millions watching. Also they can look back at the rushes & see for themselves who has stage presence on the the screen, as well as in the auditorium. The Producers have it all sussed!
  • AshFanAshFan Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    It's a bit boring, obviously the judges are a lot worse. Tulisa is very quiet and I read she used to take drugs and steal as a teen, hardly a good role model for kids today. Louis is very quiet without simon or sharon so he has become pretty much obsolete. Gary is good but he is no simon cole, and is trying way too hard to be him! I like Kelly though, quite lively. I hate the live auditions, please save it for the finals, that was something to look forwards too. I miss the old days when they would go into that room and the judges could have a real laugh as there was no audience there, and the contestents would have hissy fits and storm out lol. Ah well, I guess this format brings in more ratings.
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no not bored
    i've enjoyed it so far and there's much more to come :cool:
  • Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should rename the X factor to 'Karaoke Competition' - because to be honest that's exactly what it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    It does feel very predictable, but still, I can't help but love it. Also, Gary is much easier on the eyes than Simon!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely....................not!
  • docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Yes, the auditions are very weak this year.