Whitney Houston "tribute" at The Brits.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Did anyone else find the "tribute" to Whitney Houston at The Brits last night really odd? It seemed rushed & pointless & clinical. I wasn't expecting them to gush over her like they did at the Grammys but a tad more respect would have been nice. She did make the music industry a shedload of money after all...

Comments

• Jeanie GoldJeanie Gold Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole show was pretty much a mess. :o
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    It was quite rushed. I suppose they thought they ought to as everybody else is doing this at the moment. I thought the tribute to Amy Winehouse was more fitting.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    I agree, blink and you would have missed it.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tribute to Amy wasn't much better. They should have ended the show by showing one of Amy's best live performances. Really disappointing from them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tribute to Amy was worse than having none at all in my opinion. Bloody shambles by a bunch of dick heads.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    It was quite rushed. I suppose they thought they ought to as everybody else is doing this at the moment. I thought the tribute to Amy Winehouse was more fitting.

What was the Amy Winehouse tribute like?
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amys seemed more poignant as it was like she was agreeing with what had killed her-her demons etc. but both tributes were worthless. the show was a load of rubbish
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else find the "tribute" to Whitney Houston at The Brits last night really odd? It seemed rushed & pointless & clinical. I wasn't expecting them to gush over her like they did at the Grammys but a tad more respect would have been nice. She did make the music industry a shedload of money after all...

It was very "blink and then you missed it"

I think the ceremony could of done with an extra half hour. It felt too rushed this year.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In all fairness, she's neither a Brit nor a Brit winner. Amy's was alright...
    Forum Member
    What was the Amy Winehouse tribute like?

This is a very low quality video, but it's the only one I can find at the moment

Amy Winehouse Brits Tribute 2012
    Forum Member
    This is a very low quality video, but it's the only one I can find at the moment

Watching now... it didn't seem to be much. They should have showed one of her music videos or someone should have covered one of her songs (like in the Whitney Houston tribute at the Grammys).
    Forum Member
    Watching now... it didn't seem to be much. They should have showed one of her music videos or someone should have covered one of her songs (like in the Whitney Houston tribute at the Grammys).

I liked it. As someone else has said on here already it was filled with soundbites about her downfall. I thought it was bittersweet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she was not britsh thought the amy trbuite was nice but should have been longer.
    Forum Member
    I liked it. As someone else has said on here already it was filled with soundbites about her downfall. I thought it was bittersweet.

Probably should have been a bit longer though.
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To put it bluntly, I thought both tributes were highly inappropriate given that their respective families were probably watching.

The whole show was rushed...and quite honestly, a bore fest in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

That seemed slightly more personal because it had her talking through it but come on, they could have done much, MUCH better. Two supreme talents and you could't give them more than a minute of airtime each?
  • FabalaFabala Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That seemed slightly more personal because it had her talking through it but come on, they could have done much, MUCH better. Two supreme talents and you could't give them more than a minute of airtime each?

How many minutes would've been acceptable in your eyes then?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Amy performance was not too much to ask for?!! If they ended the show with one of her performances then that would have been perfectly fitting.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    An Amy performance was not too much to ask for?!! If they ended the show with one of her performances then that would have been perfectly fitting.

Good idea

Sadly, the Brits were too worried about Blur's performance, hence Adele's now infamous Speech being cut.