Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 96)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    I do worry, though. They'd have to show Brendan changing a lot for Ste to ever love him as much as he used to.

Yeah, that's my problem at the minute. What, exactly, is going to make Brendan change? Like .. ES knows he needs to change, but is she actually going to do it?

Or is he just going to continue messing around with Joel like a panto villain?

ETA: See I'm even more torn because I love Stendan but also like the idea of Stug. :p
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's true - he's definitely competition.

I think that's one of my problems - Doug's so amazing that why would Ste want Brendan, really?

Just love :(
  • Options
    MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laura_lou wrote: »
    We did all say something big had to happen for Brendan to change.

So much for all this independent ste bullshit ES has been spouting!

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves we dont even know that anything is going to happen with Ste and Doug. Even if Doug does fancy Ste who is to say that Ste fancies him back. just because Ste is gay doesnt mean he is going to fancy every guy he sees
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    eff_x wrote: »
    Because he LOVES Brendan.

And that's what we all wanted. Someone so lovely and perfect for Ste, that when Ste made his decision to go to Brendan instead it was a decision made by pure unconditional love.

I just guess none of us expected for the bloke to be perfect AND for us to have emotional-attachment to him... the way we do Doug. That raises the stakes even more, and makes it even harder for us as viewers to morally continue to support Brendan, I guess. But at the end of the day, I expect they'll show that Brendan can change (this seems to be what Emma keeps saying) and his is the love of Ste's life, despite not being the 'perfect' option.

I wanted someone lovely, but not Doug :( I loved them as friends, nothing more. Ste trying to kiss him, like we thought, would have made sense. But this makes none to me.

Like other people have said, what will happen to poor Doug if Ste and Brendan get together? How will he be around Ste at work every day?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    I do worry, though. They'd have to show Brendan changing a lot for Ste to ever love him as much as he used to.

And they will never have him changing that much, hes never going to be nice and probably wont treat Ste nice all the time either. Hes never going to match a perfect boyfriend like Doug and come out the winner :(

And this Brendan being the love of Stes life probably does need to be shown a little now, if they do go down the route of Ste/Doug then they will have to show Ste struggling but they wont because they will go for the OMG moment in the end and that realisation will come from nowhere no doubt :D
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    Do you know, when Doug went to fix that wire, I thought he was going to get electrocuted and Ste would give him mouth to mouth or something and that would be the encounter. :o

So did I!
    I just about believed it with Ste, although I thought he should have been bi.

But twice is a bit silly.

I could buy it with Craig and Ste because they were friendless, lacked a male role model, Craig was useless with women and Ste's history was rewritten. Texas I wasn't massively bothered by, she wasn't a massive man eater. Sarah I did not buy at all. Doug has strong male friendships and whilst rubbish with girls was crazy in love with Bex. Plus in the Fresher's spin off - total girl flirt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah now, the heart wants what the heart wants. Just because all things scream he is the better option, does not mean he's the only option. You know it could be very interesting, Stephen might have to do a bit of reflecting :cool:

Brendan should be the only option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    duckmoo wrote: »
    What?!...like, WHAT?! :eek:

Fcuk a duck. :eek:

That was my reaction.
    Helenlou81 wrote: »

And this Brendan being the love of Stes life probably does need to be shown a little now, if they do go down the route of Ste/Doug then they will have to show Ste struggling but they wont because they will go for the OMG moment in the end and that realisation will come from nowhere no doubt :D

Defintiely, Helen. I bet it'll be Noah all over again, where Ste's all happy with Doug, and won't go back to Brendan till the last second, if he does at all.
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    Yeah, that's my problem at the minute. What, exactly, is going to make Brendan change? Like .. ES knows he needs to change, but is she actually going to do it?

Or is he just going to continue messing around with Joel like a panto villain?

ETA: See I'm even more torn because I love Stendan but also like the idea of Stug. :p

He seemed even more villainy than ever today.

BIB - same. But I still hate the whole thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,755
    Forum Member
    I just about believed it with Ste, although I thought he should have been bi.

But twice is a bit silly.

exactly they managed to do this with ste and it was quite plausible but if they do the same with other characters it becomes a little forced and difficult to believe that the same thing can happen twice:o
    maybe I'm wrong but I thought amy was the first serious relationship ste had and he was a teen while doug claimed to love bex few months ago he already had other experiences and still he loved bex
  • Options
    Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has made me so annoyed that I just broke my diet by eating half an easter egg.

I had no chocolate for 4 months HO! 4 months!
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    We don't know Brendan won't "win" as such. Doug can be as lovely as he wants, it doesn't mean Ste will pick him if deep down Brendan's done enough to make Ste reconsider.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking this will be something that simmers, maybe Ste will be oblivious to it, and we'll see Doug conflicted, but eventually they will talk about it -and Doug will realise that Ste is simply someone who he can identify with, and that the fact that he's gay has made Doug question how he feels about stuff etc.

Maybe Brendan will see them going out to a gay bar or something and put 2 & 2 together and get well 4 1/2.

As others have said, the main positive to come out of this is the fact that Doug represents real competition for Brendan, Noah was awful and Ste didn't really feel anything for him etc, with Doug Brendan may see that he could actually lose Ste and Doug will represent everything he isn't etc.

Oh I need a Stendan fix - off to read a bit of fic / watch fanvids!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »

I could buy it with Craig and Ste because they were friendless, lacked a male role model, Craig was useless with women and Ste's history was rewritten. Texas I wasn't massively bothered by, she wasn't a massive man eater. Sarah I did not buy at all. Doug has strong male friendships and whilst rubbish with girls was crazy in love with Bex. Plus in the Fresher's spin off - total girl flirt.

Exactly. Craig and Ste were similar in quite a few ways. Sarah was crazy - a complete mistake. Doug was a ladies man when he came into it like you say, and I don't think that was bravado.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He seemed even more villainy than ever today.

BIB - same. But I still hate the whole thing.

It just did my head in. He's quite boring with Joel, and I hate thinking like that, but he is. There's nowt good about Brendan and an 18 year old boy, acting like a badass father and son, when one of them is a badass on his own and the other is a stupid little kid who thinks he's badass. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    laura_lou wrote: »
    Brendan should be the only option.

But Ste has to (possibly) be given a taste of something else to know what he really wants. Noah doesn't count because he was useless and cheated and was on the re-bound. This is different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It just did my head in. He's quite boring with Joel, and I hate thinking like that, but he is. There's nowt good about Brendan and an 18 year old boy, acting like a badass father and son, when one of them is a badass on his own and the other is a stupid little kid who thinks he's badass. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he is. I didn't even really concentrate on his scenes today. I know the plots advancing, but somehow it feels like it's going round in circles.
    guadalupe wrote: »
    maybe I'm wrong but I thought amy was the first serious relationship ste had and he was a teen while doug claimed to love bex few months ago he already had other experiences and still he loved bex

That's true - Ste was very young. Not saying that you can't change your sexuality in your 20s or older, but Doug has never showed the merest hint of it.
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    This has made me so annoyed that I just broke my diet by eating half an easter egg.

I had no chocolate for 4 months HO! 4 months!

That's what HO does to you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just catching up on Wednesday's episode.

I liked Brendan's interview of Mercedes! Very informal, just how I expected it would be!

Brendan checked Riley out at least twice in that episode.

Did Riley's offer to Doug happen off-screen?

And Will's acting was horrendus in the conversation with Texas where she told him Dodger's behaviour was all a big front.

Also lol'd at Brendan being offered a gym membership by Carmel :D Seems she has forgiven him for calling her stupid and using her as a drug mule then!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has all gone to shit.

That bloody ES had better sort this catastrophe out!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,755
    Forum Member
    Ah now, the heart wants what the heart wants. Just because all things scream he is the better option, does not mean he's the only option. You know it could be very interesting, Stephen might have to do a bit of reflecting :cool:

yeah I read other comments on yt and they say doug is gentle, cute, perfect but love doesn't work like that plus what you want in a friendship is different from what you want in a romantic relationship I mean that sometime friends that try to become a couple fail :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, he is. I didn't even really concentrate on his scenes today. I know the plots advancing, but somehow it feels like it's going round in circles.

Hahaaa, is it really advancing though?

Joel's gonna, once again, get too big for his boots and he'll get hurt like he did today, because of summat to do with Brendan.

It's just so boring and .. blah.
  • Options
    MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    Just love :(

Exactly

Doug or a new love interest could be the most perfect boyfriend for Ste but you cant help who you are in love with. Sometimes the person that you love is not always the best or nicest person for you.

If Brendan wants Ste back and I think he does then he is not just going to walk away even if he knows another person is better for Ste. Leaving Ste alone when he wants him has never really been Brendan's strong point
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Ste has to (possibly) be given a taste of something else to know what he really wants. Noah doesn't count because he was useless and cheated and was on the re-bound. This is different.

I wonder if we'd be anywhere different now on-screen if Noah hadn't been such a **** up :mad:.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member

Oh no, you've just made me think something. You know how Brendan was all 'there's no one like me' at the end - well, could they be setting him up for a big old fall here. He has pretty much pushed Ste and Doug together I think in the belief that 'nice' little Doug is no competition for him - oooer!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member

Joel's gonna, once again, get too big for his boots and he'll get hurt like he did today, because of summat to do with Brendan.

I enjoyed it, probably because I like this side of Brendan as much as any other side of him but I like whats going on :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah, it's pretty much just:

"Trust me, Brendan!"

"No."

"Trust me, Brendan!"

"No. Oi don't trust anyone."

The end.
This discussion has been closed.