Options

Ruth Ann Having a moan at The Voice

13»

Comments

• Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ruth Ann's only really valid grounds for complaint is that we never got a VT from her in the Blind Audition shows, and her performances there and in the Battle Rounds were shown only as brief clips. This might have disadvantaged her as we didn't know her as well as the others. However, I doubt if this had any serious effect on the result; she was the worst singer in Team Jessie, and the audience would never have voted for her regardless of editing.

Hannah has a more genuine beef; I think the dance routine was unfortunate and a vote loser, and may actually be what put her in the bottom two.
  • Options
    mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member
    I think Ruth Ann's only really valid grounds for complaint is that we never got a VT from her in the Blind Audition shows, and her performances there and in the Battle Rounds were shown only as brief clips. This might have disadvantaged her as we didn't know her as well as the others. However, I doubt if this had any serious effect on the result; she was the worst singer in Team Jessie, and the audience would never have voted for her regardless of editing.

Hannah has a more genuine beef; I think the dance routine was unfortunate and a vote loser, and may actually be what put her in the bottom two.

Agree with you.
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was well and truly set up based on the song choice Jessie gave her. Same as will.i.am did last week with Sophie.

I tend to agree that someone in the production team obviously didn't like Ruth-Ann. She was hardly shown in the Battle Rounds and heavily criticised for the few bad notes she hit despite others having just as many. When she sings in tune (without the ridiculous screaming) her voice is lovely but I think someone thought she was competition for whoever their favourite is. There's a general consensus on this forum that Ruth-Ann is terrible and sings badly out of tune all the time and it's simply not true.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to agree that someone in the production team obviously didn't like Ruth-Ann. She was hardly shown in the Battle Rounds and heavily criticised for the few bad notes she hit despite others having just as many. When she sings in tune (without the ridiculous screaming) her voice is lovely but I think someone thought she was competition for whoever their favourite is. There's a general consensus on this forum that Ruth-Ann is terrible and sings badly out of tune all the time and it's simply not true.

Ruth-Ann was, by far, the weakest performer on Saturday night. She wasn't competition for anyone else on her team as they all outperformed her. To allow someone with such pitching issues to progress any further in the competition would have been unfair, both on the contestant/s who lost out to her and on Ruth-Ann herself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think the show did set her up abit by only showing us bit parts of her songs and not letting her comment,

But that was to save their own face as well as Ruths. So they did her a favor anyway.
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Ruth-Ann was, by far, the weakest performer on Saturday night. She wasn't competition for anyone else on her team as they all outperformed her. To allow someone with such pitching issues to progress any further in the competition would have been unfair, both on the contestant/s who lost out to her and on Ruth-Ann herself.

I agree she was probably outperformed on the night by the other artists - what I don't agree with is the idea that she was miles behind the rest of them. In my opinion, she's a young girl with a potentially lovely voice who needs to learn to control it.