Options

Steve Coogan - HYPOCRITE!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With the news that Steve Coogan has signed a contract to work for SKY Atlantic, am I the only one who feels he is a liar and a hypocrite?
He was at the Levenson complaining about the Murdoch empire and now he goes and works for them, if he did not want "to get into bed with them" then he should not be working from him. I am just really dissapointed with his attitude and I feel that he "disrespected" the Levenson enquiry and was "bought" by Murdoch
SHAME ON YOU COOGAN

Comments

• Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Your OP post is hypocrite.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calm down dear, it's just a TV channel.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone Phone 999 Quick
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    baldbilluk wrote: »
    With the news that Steve Coogan has signed a contract to work for SKY Atlantic, am I the only one who feels he is a liar and a hypocrite?
    He was at the Levenson complaining about the Murdoch empire and now he goes and works for them, if he did not want "to get into bed with them" then he should not be working from him. I am just really dissapointed with his attitude and I feel that he "disrespected" the Levenson enquiry and was "bought" by Murdoch
    SHAME ON YOU COOGAN

Murdoch is just a shareholder, he doesn't own the whole of BSkyB.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHAME ON YOU COOGAN

The Murdochs aren't the key people though. It's not their company basically.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SHAME ON YOU COOGAN
    You do know that BskyB is not part of the Murdoch empire?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do know that BskyB is not part of the Murdoch empire?:rolleyes:
    It has a controlling shareholding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    It has a controlling shareholding.

I rest my case - I am very dissapointed with Steve Coogan, I thought he had a modicrum of respect and dignity when he gave his statements at the Levenson then he goes and B**gers it up by signing with them.
  • Options
    KubrickKubrick Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHAME ON YOU COOGAN

In what way is he a liar, OP? I get your point on hypocrisy (although, to be fair, Murdoch doesn't own the whole of BSkyB), but I'm not sure what you can base your accusation of him being a liar on?

Also, why do you care so much and how does Steve Coogan signing a contract to work with Sky Atlantic affect your life?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kubrick wrote: »
    In what way is he a liar, OP? I get your point on hypocrisy (although, to be fair, Murdoch doesn't own the whole of BSkyB), but I'm not sure what you can base your accusation of him being a liar on?

Also, why do you care so much and how does Steve Coogan signing a contract to work with Sky Atlantic affect your life?

Maybe I am old fashioned but I just feel that if Steve Coogan had been "hurt" by Mr Murdoch's newspapers then he would have enough integrity (sic) not to deal with him in any shape or form, it's hypocracy to go to court and "slam" someone and then in the next beat of a heart work with them (or work FOR them)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murdoch doesn't own Sky so he isnt a hypocrite.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I am old fashioned but I just feel that if Steve Coogan had been "hurt" by Mr Murdoch's newspapers then he would have enough integrity (sic) not to deal with him in any shape or form, it's hypocracy to go to court and "slam" someone and then in the next beat of a heart work with them (or work FOR them)

If he was writing a column for The Sun newspaper then i'd be in total agreement with you.. but working for a TV channel that happens to be part of Sky isn't working for Rupert Murdoch or Newscorp. It's working for Sky.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he needs the work...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    They brought this up on Newsnight when he'd been in a 20th Century Fox movie and he just dismissed whoever brought it up.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dare he work. What a BASTARD!
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been hypocritical if he'd declined to give evidence at the enquiry because he'd been offered a job, or good press by the Murdoch empire. As it is, he risked bad press and gave his statements. His points were about invasion of privacy by the press. I am assuming his new tv show doesn't involve phone hacking. :D
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he was writing a column for The Sun newspaper then i'd be in total agreement with you.. but working for a TV channel that happens to be part of Sky isn't working for Rupert Murdoch or Newscorp. It's working for Sky.

He may be friends with the director or doing it because the project is interesting to him. It's highly unlikely he will have any personal dealings with Rupert Murdoch, I doubt Rupert even watches Sky since he's based in the US.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will prob give it a miss after his last Alan P offering was crap
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I work for a crap company whos morals are atrocious, and I made my feelings clear, however I still have a mortgage to pay
  • Options
    lovely_ladylovely_lady Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I work for a crap company whos morals are atrocious, and I made my feelings clear, however I still have a mortgage to pay

Shame on you! Don't you have any principles!
  • Options
    AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rest my case - I am very dissapointed with Steve Coogan, I thought he had a modicrum of respect and dignity when he gave his statements at the Levenson then he goes and B**gers it up by signing with them.

Delete.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Steve's thinking that if Murdoch doesn't own Sky, everything's okay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Shame on you! Don't you have any principles!

erm yes I do, have I not just said that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Maybe Steve's thinking that if Murdoch doesn't own Sky, everything's okay.

He owns 100% of 20th Century Fox though. Curiously Coogan has recently worked on a movie for them with a release date of 2013.

I suppose that could be considered rather odd. Personally I couldn't care less as I have never been a fan of any of his work.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter at all. I hate the people I work for too!