Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan...their new band name

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Someone tell me this is a joke...they'd be better off calling themselves MSK or MKS.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a394136/original-sugababes-to-be-called-mutya-keisha-siobhan.html

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping it'll be shortened too.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or something along the lines of The Babes, The Originals something more than their names which don't exactly roll of the tongue do they.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Touch would be a good band name for them as it does relate to their first album.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a terrible choice if true. Don't see how they can be marketed using this name.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll be called MKS, they'll probably just be trademarking their name so no one can come along and use it haha :p
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful if true

I think One Touch would be a good name personally.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitterbabes would be better.

I find it ridiculous that they all left the band at massive intervals, citing that they were unhappy, or being bullied, or wanting to spend time doing other things... then one gets fired for bullying the other members, and suddenly they're out for revenge.

Heidi is the last original member in my opinion. I don't like Amelle, but Jade is incredibly likeable and talented.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Mutya left when she had post-natal depression, and they were about 16 when Siobhan left over feeling like an outsider. I don't think they're out for revenge, Mutya wanted to rejoin when it was rumoured Amelle was leaving before Keisha was kicked out, and Siobhan probably just wants an opportunity to make music again, because she said during the days of myspace that she wanted to keep making music but didn't see how it was possible. I'm sure at 27 they're all capable of getting along, even if they didn't as teenagers.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ajay14 wrote: »
    To be fair, Mutya left when she had post-natal depression, and they were about 16 when Siobhan left over feeling like an outsider. I don't think they're out for revenge, Mutya wanted to rejoin when it was rumoured Amelle was leaving before Keisha was kicked out, and Siobhan probably just wants an opportunity to make music again, because she said during the days of myspace that she wanted to keep making music but didn't see how it was possible. I'm sure at 27 they're all capable of getting along, even if they didn't as teenagers.

This, it's been a long time since all the other things have happened and I imagined they've all matured a bit since each one left.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ajay14 wrote: »

You make a strong argument. I think my point is more based in all the drama surrounding the Sugababes from the fan perspective. I really disagreed with the hatred aimed at Heidi, Amelle, and Jade after Keisha was kicked out. Because of the fact that Keisha was fired for bullying, and Mutya never seemed particularly friendly or likeable, I don't feel positively towards this band already. This is undoubtedly going to turn into a MSK Vs. Sugababes thing.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should keep "suga" in their name at least as a nod to their origins.
    Maybe something like "SugaRush" or "SugaMamas" would be good:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ouch. No likey.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as long as the music is good then they can be called whatever the hell they like
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    They should keep "suga" in their name at least as a nod to their origins.
    Maybe something like "SugaRush" or "SugaMamas" would be good:D

I like that one.
  • benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think "Origibabes" would be quite apt. Whenever I've used that name for them people seem to find it quite humorous :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really know how this reunion is gonna work out tbh
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    The Originals?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,750
    Forum Member
    It can't be Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan because what happens when (or IF) one of them leaves?! They change their name again?! Even the initials as a name would be hard to get, unless they search for decent singers with names beginning with M, K or S!!

I can see the first album doing well, not just based on it being the original line-up together again but I think when the second album comes around, and it's not the reunion people seem to have been waiting for anymore, it wont do as well.. I'm sure all three have grown up and I hope it does really well, three talented young girls but I dont know how well it will last!!

Also...... Why have they claimed trademark over cleaning products and such like?! It's like when Mutya 'won' rights to the Sugababes name and it turned out being for wrapping paper and pencil cases, it makes no sense to own the trademarks for those products
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mukeisiobhan.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Not too sure about it really. If it was abbreviated to MSK or MKS, it would sound like a market research company or firm of solicitors :D One Touch wouldn't be a bad name, or how about Soul Sound? (was one of the original lineup's singles).
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a rumour they're gonna be called "Sacred Three" which is much better.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sacred Three doesn't sound right IMO.
  • Wooly ShamblerWooly Shambler Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    It can't be Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan because what happens when (or IF) one of them leaves?!

But isn't that the point?

If one of them leaves, then that's it. No more Mutya Keisha Siobhan. If anything, this quite effectively stops any record label or management from doing what they did to "Sugababes" and turn it into a never-ending clone machine. You might be able to replace a Sugababe - but not a Mutya!

They also seem to be in full control over this entire project. Good for them.
    There's a rumour they're gonna be called "Sacred Three" which is much better.

That's the name of their company that owns the "Mutya Keisha Siobhan" trademark. They also have their individual companies tied to it - Shanghai Nobody (Siobhan), God Made Me Funky (Mutya) and Save Ur Music (Keisha).
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God awful name. I'm fairly certain they were given the okay to use "Sugababes" in their band name as well, so it makes it even more stupid.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    God awful name. I'm fairly certain they were given the okay to use "Sugababes" in their band name as well, so it makes it even more stupid.

How does that work? did Island hand over the name or something?

The whole carry on over the name confuses me. Heidi was the longest serving Sugababe so surely she has more claim to it than the others?