Options

Korean food

GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Going to a Korean restaurant for the first time. I've been told to expect spiciness (hooray), potatoes (double hooray) and pickled cabbage (we'll see !). Anyone know the cuisine and got any tips on what's good to order ?

Comments

• Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimchi is like marmite, but Korean Barbecue is huge where I'm from, and for good reason. I like bulgogi, which is similar to teriyaki; the dumplings and beef short ribs (can't remember what they're called) are probably a safe bet as well.
  • Options
    Annie1fortennisAnnie1fortennis Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to have bibimbap. Its a rice based dish served in a hot stone bowl. It is very tastly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibimbap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. Heading there tomorrow, so I shall bear them in mind.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Love Bibimbap, yum.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Lidl sell Korean meatballs.
    They are the dogs bollocks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update please Gaditano. How was it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was excellent. Spicy rice cakes,miso soup, then pork bulgogi, which came with kimchi and a side salad. Not as spicy as I'd expected but really tasty.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaditano wrote: »
    It was excellent. Spicy rice cakes,miso soup, then pork bulgogi, which came with kimchi and a side salad. Not as spicy as I'd expected but really tasty.
    Sounds very nice! Any chance of naming the restaurant? In case I'm in the vicinity some time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course - Binari, in Preston Street, Brighton.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for getting back with an update. Think I will book a table at the local Japanese/Korean restaurant - Dotori, Finsbury Park, London and have bibimbap yum yum or their hybrid Korean/Japanese set menu which is good value.