Bus driver uppercuts female passenger

Comments

• Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    the driver, and i`d say that if it were a man he`d hit.

Tough shit.

I take it you are of the kind who think people can treat others like scum and they have to just take it.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    Tough shit.

I take it you are of the kind who think people can treat others like scum and they have to just take it.
    take it how you like, your opinion doesn`t interest me.
    Forum Member
    Neither does somebody like you who protects scum against somebody trying to do their job.
    Forum Member
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    Neither does somebody like you who protects scum against somebody trying to do their job.

but you commented anyway:confused::confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    Nevermind. Hopefully more people will follow the bus drivers lead and dish out some justice off their own rather than sit and be shit on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soran wrote: »
    Amazing how one sided the local TV interview is with her :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7loPECX3LCI

Just shows how manipulative the press can be. They have completely cut out the bit where she is verbally abusing him, spitting at him and then apparently hitting him. If I just watched that clip and would have been upset on her behalf but having watched the full clip I have zero sympathy for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    She's verbally abusing him - even pushes him - irritating, but not threatening (possible assault charge).

Punch in the gob like that can cause a nasty injury.

So the guy is more at fault, plus he's at work, difficult customers are to be expected.

I'd say 90-10 at fault (driver-woman).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girl was an absolute moron, got what she deserved.
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no sympathy for the woman. If she spits, shouts abuse and hits the driver then I don't blame him for punching her. Just because she is a woman, doesn't mean she should expect to get away with that kind of behaviour. I don't believe in violence but if you can't take it, don't dish it. Regardless of gender
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's verbally abusing him - even pushes him - irritating, but not threatening (possible assault charge).

Punch in the gob like that can cause a nasty injury.

So the guy is more at fault, plus he's at work, difficult customers are to be expected.

I'd say 90-10 at fault (driver-woman).

He was actually driving the bus when she is assaulting him. I would actually say that was more dangerous.
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,921
    Forum Member
    Spitting at someone is physical abuse, and if you've ever been spat at you will know it is far more degrading than a punch. I face it often in my job and I can assure you, you really feel like lashing out when it happens. I can't and I wouldn't because of the nature of my job, but it is a reaction I have to hold back on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spitting at someone is physical abuse, and if you've ever been spat at you will know it is far more degrading than a punch. I face it often in my job and I can assure you, you really feel like lashing out when it happens. I can't and I wouldn't because of the nature of my job, but it is a reaction I have to hold back on.

I remember at school I had one kid 2 years older then me come over and spit on me for no reason. I reacted the same as the bus driver. I uppercutted him and floored him! I was 12 at the time. He never did it again... And that was the last time I punched someone. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    Aly1 wrote: »
    He was actually driving the bus when she is assaulting him. I would actually say that was more dangerous.

Open door - eject her from bus - no need to punch and cause a nasty injury!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    designer84 wrote: »
    I have no sympathy for the woman. If she spits, shouts abuse and hits the driver then I don't blame him for punching her. Just because she is a woman, doesn't mean she should expect to get away with that kind of behaviour. I don't believe in violence but if you can't take it, don't dish it. Regardless of gender

This x100...& I'm a woman!
    I would never behave like that to anyone. I'm quite a chilled out person but if someone behaved like that towards me I'd be so enraged, I'd uppercut them too. I think the bus driver was so angry about her behaviour, he just flipped.

And as far as I'm concerned, spitting at someone is the lowest of the low. If you spit, you deserve to be hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Open door - eject her from bus - no need to punch and cause a nasty injury!

Yes, good idea, but that might have caused another motorist to swerve and endanger lives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if the girl was a guy we would all be applauding the driver
    bottom line is she deserved a smack...but he did get her a good one and maybe it was a tad excessive
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't behave like a lady, don't be treated like a lady.

Don't behave like a civil human, don't be respected like one.

She had it coming. No sympathy whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    I'd rather be uppercutted than spat on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This x100...& I'm a woman!
    I would never behave like that to anyone. I'm quite a chilled out person but if someone behaved like that towards me I'd be so enraged, I'd uppercut them too. I think the bus driver was so angry about her behaviour, he just flipped.

And as far as I'm concerned, spitting at someone is the lowest of the low. If you spit, you deserve to be hit.

I do believe in the "you shouldn't hit a woman" rule but at the same time I think if you throw the first punch then expect one back... As a rule i am very chilled... i moan just like anyone else but when angry I usually just let off a massive expletive riddled rant. lol... It takes a lot for me to want to actually hit someone
    Forum Member
    was hivis man security?
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I don't think anybody involved in that incident (the driver, the passenger and all the onlookers who were shouting) should be allowed to live in a civilised society.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need a YouTube account to view videos, just to comment and upload.

Yes you do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aly1 wrote: »
    Yes, good idea, but that might have caused another motorist to swerve and endanger lives.

If he had time to stop the bus and punch her, he could have simply grab her and throw her off the bus.

She was totally in the wrong but he shouldn't react that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he had time to stop the bus and punch her, he could have simply grab her and throw her off the bus.

After losing his job I'm sure that on reflection he probably wishes that is what he did. But in the heat of the situation in which he was trying to drive the bus whilst being screamed at, spat at and hit he probably just acted on instinct.
    It is very easy for people to look at something after the event with no emotions involved and judge other people.
  • and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If he grabbed her and threw her off the bus then he could still be charged with assault and would probably loose his job.