Options

One-Sentence Remarks on Remaining Contestants (Post Halloween Week)

SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
Forum Member
✭✭
Girls:

1) Fern - She's definitely trying hard, but I think she's now possibly the weakest of all the remaining female contestants.

2) Lisa - The pixie dust has settled, she must now concentrate on improving her dance technique, otherwise I can see her in the bottom two with the judges (and the public) quite soon.

3) Victoria - She's improved, but there is still a long way to go, especially since she still appears very unsure out of hold.

4) Denise - She suffers from the Bunton/Snowdon syndrome, i.e. damaged good, never going to win the show.

5) Kimberly - She must inject more heart into her dance and not keep worrying about how she looks when she dances.

6) Dani - Not the most naturally gifted female celebs, but has the right attitude during training and good chemistry with pro partner.

Boys:

1) Colin - He's very ungainly when doing the latin numbers, possibly as bad a latin dancer as Anton Du Beke.

2) Michael - Another hopeless latin dancer, but thank goodness his hard work on his ballroom (and timing) finally paid off.

3) Nicky - Still has very forgettable presence with forgettable routines week on week.

4) Louis - Coming on nicely with technical improvements, and chemistry with his partner is improving too, best overall among the male celebs, by a mile.

5) Richard - Can see him trying hard, as long as he doesn't succumb to 'camping it up', he'll survive a couple more weeks.

Now your turn. :)

Comments

• Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    ha ha SCD-O you missed off

Dani - dancing well but for some reason seems to be off the radar, at least mine she is:o

Richard- ballroom technique is good, needs to work at latin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    ha ha SCD-O you missed off

Dani - dancing well but for some reason seems to be off the radar, at least mine she is:o

Richard- ballroom technique is good, needs to work at latin

Strange, Dani is my fav at the moment, and I actually forgot to comment on her. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Strange, Dani is my fav at the moment, and I actually forgot to comment on her. :o

I think in a strange way you just illustrated my point;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think in a strange way you just illustrated my point;)

Bizarrely, you are right. :o

Dani is my new Chelsee/Louisa. She may not be as naturally talented as Chelsee/Louisa, but she looks like a hard worker and she's not rhythmically hopeless. If she stays in the competition till the very end (or near the very end), I hope we got to see her improving week on week to a very competent level until such time she's voted off by the public/judges (I can't see her winning the competition at the moment).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls:

1) Fern - Not memorable enough.

2) Lisa - It was fun at the beginning, now her antics are getting old.

3) Victoria - I love the fact that she's really improving and enjoying herself on the show.

4) Denise - I think she's peaked too early.

5) Kimberly - Not fascinated by her for some reason, she needs to make herself more out there.

6) Dani - A great person and becoming a great dancer.

Boys:

1) Colin - Bad latin, but good ballroom.

2) Michael - I like the way he tries so hard.

3) Nicky - Love his accent, don't love his dancing as much.

4) Louis - Going to be a great contestant, but we need to see more personality from him.

5) Richard - Creeps me out...
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls:

1) Fern - lacks the energy of the younger girls.

2) Lisa - needs to do some serious dancing [which she can] or she will be out

3) Victoria -still a bit floppy & clingy but could be good

4) Denise - not bad for a pro! Won't win

5) Kimberly - lacks total commitment - could be good.

6) Dani - great chemistry with Vincent hope she will improve week on week.Favourite female celeb.

Boys:

1) Colin -a real cool cat but hampered by the height difference. Will not last much longer

2) Michael - surprise semi finalist?? If his Latin improves - favourite male celeb.

3) Nicky - boy band vote will keep him in despite awful posture

4) Louis - Technically brilliant just needs to emote

5) Richard - good entertainment but on the short list to go
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls:

1) Fern - lacks the energy of the younger girls.

2) Lisa - needs to do some serious dancing [which she can] or she will be out

3) Victoria -still a bit floppy & clingy but could be good

4) Denise - not bad for a pro! Won't win

5) Kimberly - lacks total commitment - could be good.

6) Dani - great chemistry with Vincent hope she will improve week on week.Favourite female celeb.

Boys:

1) Colin -a real cool cat but hampered by the height difference. Will not last much longer

2) Michael - surprise semi finalist?? If his Latin improves - favourite male celeb.

3) Nicky - boy band vote will keep him in despite awful posture

4) Louis - Technically brilliant just needs to emote

5) Richard - good entertainment but on the short list to go

I needn't bother, because I actually agree with all of these points including favourite male and female! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls:

1) Fern - Needs Bruno to give her some of his OTT energy.

2) Lisa - Great performance energy, but Robin needs to get her to focus on the serious stuff (technique) too.

3) Victoria - Consistently overmarked but improving - let's hope her next dance (a tough Latin one) makes her and doesn't break her.

4) Denise - Can deliver a good dance but probably won't have the public backing in the end whatever she does which is a shame.

5) Kimberley - A bit like cornflakes - nice enough but not really exciting right now (though some have theorised she will get pimped out later in the contest).

6) Dani - Slow burner; let's hope the flames crescendo over time rather than simply smolder out.

Boys:

1) Colin - A bit over-rated I think and tends to be a bit of a prop for Kristina (that may be down to her, admittedly).

2) Michael - Probably a one-hit wonder with his QS, but I'm glad he got that moment since his next party Latin dance will be a struggle.

3) Nicky - No chemistry with Karen and doesn't look like he really wants to be there but has got a little better over time.

4) Louis - Best technical male dancer but still needs to cultivate the inner performer.

5) Richard - Puts a good amount of effort into reasonable routines but I don't enjoy watching him.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malik24 wrote: »
    Girls:

1) Fern - Needs Bruno to give her some of his OTT energy.

2) Lisa - Great performance energy, but Robin needs to get her to focus on the serious stuff (technique) too.

3) Victoria - Consistently overmarked but improving - let's hope her next dance (a tough Latin one) makes her and doesn't break her.

4) Denise - Can deliver a good dance but probably won't have the public backing in the end whatever she does which is a shame.

5) Kimberley - A bit like cornflakes - nice enough but not really exciting right now (though some have theorised she will get pimped out later in the contest).

6) Dani - Slow burner; let's hope the flames crescendo over time rather than simply smolder out.

Boys:

1) Colin - A bit over-rated I think and tends to be a bit of a prop for Kristina (that may be down to her, admittedly).

2) Michael - Probably a one-hit wonder with his QS, but I'm glad he got that moment since his next party Latin dance will be a struggle.

3) Nicky - No chemistry with Karen and doesn't look like he really wants to be there but has got a little better over time.

4) Louis - Best technical male dancer but still needs to cultivate the inner performer.

5) Richard - Puts a good amount of effort into reasonable routines but I don't enjoy watching him.

I don't think Kimberley is anything like cornflakes.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fern. She wants to go & do her ironing & that might be more exciting to watch

Dani. Love her but needs to seriously up her game as she is very forgettable at the moment

Kimberley. What a nonentity she is both on & off the dance floor. Nice is about all you can say

Victoria. My favorite as a person but she is so on a knife edge but has potential to soar I think

Lisa. It all started so well & its fading fast

Denise. She may be the ringiest ringer that ever rang a bell but that girl can dance & entertain & I enjoy watching her even though she's never going to win

Louis. He creeps me out & not only as a Zombie.

Colin. Oh dear oh dear never has so much promise & anticipation been squandered.

Nicky. He isn't enjoying himself & we aren't enjoying it either. Flee, run, break your ankle, anything rather than Rumba

Michael. Don't like him. Nothing to do with Strictly, everything to do with Cricket.

Richard. He's going home next yes ?
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fern : Wish she'd be given something to do with her hands other than gripping onto her skirt/an umbrella/Artem's nips

Dani : Chelsee minus everything that made Chelsee interesting and exciting

Kimberley : Has potential to be great if she tightens up and stops treating Pasha like a backing dancer

Victoria : a non-stop rollercoaster trainwreck of absurdity and randomness who is bringing 75% of the entertainment to the show, if not the dancing

Denise : a prodigious charismatic showperson with occasional really basic technical flaws - this year's Hammie/Jason, but will probably finish one better

Lisa : probably Robin's 3rd seventh placer in a row, with even more one-note camp choreography than the other two got

Louis : the obvious winner at the moment, but his dancing feels a bit thrown away and unpolished

Colin : all but pointless the minute he got paired with Kristina (although for the height difference rather than her personally)

Nicky : hasn't had one nice word to say about his partner since he started, and counting, but is improving

Michael : the most entertaining dancer this year, from both a trainwreck and a comeback angle

Richard : camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - Fern showed promise to start with, but runs the risk of being dull - Saturday's routine being a case in point.
    - Dani is likeable and one of the ones I really feel is enjoying the whole experience - I think she will make the semis at the very least but if she continues to improve, who knows?
    - Kimberley is improving too, and probably has the best reasons for public support out of any of them, but needs a breakthrough like Kara did pretty soon.
    - Victoria is also somebody I can 'get' as loving her time on the show, and this week was a huge step forward - I genuinely find myself rooting for her and hope she does keep it up.
    - Lisa started well but hasn't capitalised on that - her jive and charleston just felt more of the same. There are lots of people bubbling under at the moment and if they break through she could well end up in the bottom two in a few weeks.
    - Denise - a good dancer but I still don't feel she's going to win for all the reasons above. I'd be very surprised if she hasn't been in the bottom two at least once by the semi-final.
    - Louis - he is a competent dancer but may not get the votes if he doesn't engage with the audience before.
    - Colin - likeable, but may not be dancing at Wembley at this rate. More than any of the others, which dance he is doing affects his chances.
    - Nicky - he has improved since the first two weeks but that's damning with faint praise. Not sure if he's not enjoying himself as much as others says, but I still don't think he'll ever be good enough to be a credible winner and do hope the Westlife vote doesn't keep him in long enough for us to have to worry about that.
    - Michael - I like him. He is a trier and hopefully can stay in a few more weeks, as there's a few celebs he probably deserves to outlast. Hopefully his dance this week shows he's not just a one-hit wonder.
    - Richard - will not last much longer either way.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    1) Fern - Quite forgettable, and feels like a bit of a damp squib. I'm not sure she can really 'go anywhere'.

2) Lisa - I wish that the judges (not just Darcey) had clamped down on her in the Jive and told her about her footwork rather than overmarking based on the entertainment factor. Therefore, her Charleston was marred by her poor footwork, which could've been improved on during this week rather than 'ooh it was so fun, smiley happy happy spanky bubbly thing'. (I say that as a Lisa fan) But I disagree with people saying that she'll be in the bottom two any time soon, or indeed that her past three Latins were the same. Surely if, say, Louis danced a Jive and Charleston one after the other, people would draw comparisons? The choreography was far from similar. Such strange logic.

3) Victoria - I'm glad that she's improving, but I must admit, her latin can be the stuff of nightmares.

4) Denise - Not really my cup of tea - I'm not usually for the 'good from the beginning'-type contestants, and I'm not really a James fan (although I have warmed to him more this year).

5) Kimberley - I just feel that along with Fern, she's a bit of a non-personality, which is almost the polar opposite to Chelsee who was definitely the loudest and more 'out-there' of the two. A bit of an Ali Bastian type.

6) Dani - I like her. I'm not a Tracy Beaker fan or anything but she seems likeable enough, and I quite enjoyed her Scooby-Doo dance!

Boys:

1) Colin - I started off with quite high hopes for him, but every week I expect him to be in the dance-off. Even if he scores four 8s next week, I'm not sure if he has the fanbase to keep him in.

2) Michael - On the subject of fanbases, Michael's going to be in this for quite a while. Whether for the pure hilarity of his latin or the not-that-bad-ness of his ballroom, he's sticking around for sure.

3) Nicky - I didn't really think much of his first three dances, but for some reason I really liked his Tango. He needs to improve his posture, but with the Westlife vote, I think he'll stay in for another four/five weeks.

4) Louis - I'm glad that there's more of a chemistry between him and Flavia, as it seemed like it took a while for them to break the ice. Not much of a personality but a good enough dancer.

5) Richard - I can't even remember half of his routines, that can't be a good sign! My bet for this week's elimination.
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fern-it's all very nice but lacks piazz and the ability to move at anything more than stately - she has mid competition eviction written all over her - I don't object to her either do I care about her.

Dani - another mid-tabler but there is potential for some good performances.

Kimberley - always delivers top of league - she seems nice and delivers good performances - not excited about her yet but that could change. Final but not winner probably.

Victoria - it's nice to see her improving but the question is will it continue - she's yet to master the party dances - could be interesting to see what happens there. I like her and wish her well. I don't think she's the winner.

Lisa - I want to see her do well - I like people who challenge received wisdom and she's fun - but she was given too many party dances early on and it got tired seeing the same old - the question is can she do anything else - can she not be a one trick pony - I hope so.

Denise - this week proved she's human - and failible which might help her a bit ironically - I'm pretty indifferent to her but enjoying her performances - she won't win - she's too Emma Bunton ringery and not the right type of person to win over the audience. They're not all jealous hatus - they liked Kara, they liked Alesha, they liked Jill - but I can't see them taking Denise to their hearts - Kim maybe not Denise.

Loius - I'm rooting for him but more for Flavia - he'll probably win and be a worthy winner but I neither love or hate him as a personality.

Colin - I really like him - he seems like a lovey guy with a dry sense of humour and out of all of the contestants he's the one I'd most like to sleep with - and I'm hoping that the prop for Kris stuff is down to his filming committments and jetlagged aftermauth he does a Michael on on us next week - he's proved he's not got the fanbase to last but I'd like him in a bit longer and I'd like him to deliever a fab performance before he does. If he doesn't deliver next week he'll go though unless Richard does worse.

Nicky - he seems like a nice guy but he isn't a great dancer and although improving he's never going to be stellar I fear. I've also developed a dislike of Karen - she seems flashy, arrogant and not a good chereographer. He'lll be kept for longer than he deserves because the Westlife fans. If he performs worse than Colin and Colin goes home I'll dislike him on principal. I don't think the rhumba next week will be good - and he may well irritate me by being kept in when someone I like more goes out.

Richard - I think is probably one of the next evictees - he's not a great dancer so I won't cry for him - I bit of shame for Erin though. He seems a nice enough chap and he tries hard so I don't dislike the guy but I'm not a fan either. He could prove to be a half decent ballroom dancer but after two ballrooms he's probably got latin next and on the basis of his ccc - I can't see that being good.

Michael - last week I'd have happily ditched him but he's proved he's got the chops in the ballroom and his fans can award themselves a big fat 'I'd you so" - the latin is probably going to remain less than stellar but he could last on the memory of the ballroom ahead of some. He's a nice guy and works hard so I hope he gets a ballroom next week. He seems to have his fans girls - I don't find him sexy but I don't degrudge him the support. He's probably toast after a few latins but he'll always have Halloweon and I'm glad for that. Cricket bores me to tears so I neither love or hate him because of it. I think I have fallen in love with Natalie this year a little bit more - I really hope she gets a ringer next year.
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Fern. She wants to go & do her ironing & that might be more exciting to watch

Denise. She may be the ringiest ringer that ever rang a bell but girl can dance & entertain & I enjoy watching her even though she's never going to win

Louis. He creeps me out & not only as a Zombie.

Colin. Oh dear oh dear never has so much promise & anticipation been squandered.

Just love these 4 quotes in particular!

Now mine.

Dani. Yeah, good. (Oops, couldn't even muster a whole sentence for Dani - well, she is quite short).

Michael. I do love a tryer!!!

PendleDRAMA. Can we get back to being well dodgy, please!

Nicky. Even creepier than Louis with his big dingy-dongy-thingy.

Richard. You'll have to remind me again....

Kimberley. I really must stop yawning and start watching!

Lisa. For whom the phrase 'one-trick pony' was devised.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fern - Dull and forgettable.

Dani - I think she has potential. I hope so anyway. A bit blah at the minute.

Michael - I like him. I love Natalie. I hope for her sake that he doesn't leave soon.

Victoria - Overmarked and deeply annoying. You're not a 5 year old girl Victoria, so lose the manipulative crying.

Louis - Probably going to win. I really like him.

Richard - He can sort of dance. He can't act though.

Nicky - Bland. Crap dancer.

Kimberley - Decent enough dancer. Boring.

Lisa - She has rhythm. A technical nightmare.

Denise - Good, but not great. I don't thing she's a professional dancer - far from it. Not as annoying as I thought she'd be. Takes criticism with good grace.

Colin - the height difference was too much to overcome. Could have produced some nice Ballroom with Natalie. His Latin would always have been horrendous.
  • Options
    millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fern - I like but Im not sure Artem appreciates having a less talented and older partner.
    Richard - quite enjoyed his paso!
    Lisa- her dancing is better than expected but needs to do some ballroom
    Michael - seems like a really nice guy and his quickstep was lovely
    Nicky - improving but has a disadvantage with a new partner
    Kimberley - I really like and she was very good last saturday
    Victoria - beautiful girl but I agree is slightly irritating
    Colin - I like and even at his worst is miles better than Sid (stupid Len)
    Dani - thinks she is a better dancer than being given credit for but her socks did her no favours last week!
    Denise - obviously a good dancer but intensely irritating
    Louise - the best in my opinion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    millie3 wrote: »
    Louise - the best in my opinion

Isn't Louise a girl's name?:D

But I agree that Louis has the best possible mix of talent and possibility of showing that he has the j-word going for him. He's not a performer, not a finished product, but a lot of people can see he'll be amazing when he nailed the performance of the dance.
  • Options
    millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Louise a girl's name?:D

Sorry:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    millie3 wrote: »
    Sorry:cry::cry::cry:

No sweat. I am in a funny mood today. People always get my name wrong too. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Kimberley : Has potential to be great if she tightens up and stops treating Pasha like a backing dancer

Victoria : a non-stop rollercoaster trainwreck of absurdity and randomness who is bringing 75% of the entertainment to the show, if not the dancing

Richard : camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch/camp/butch

loved these comments especially Kimberley one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loved these comments especially Kimberley one

Mrs F, you only commented on the two I missed but missed the rest of them. Would love to hear what you think of them. :)
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Dani - I'm sorry, you look like my SiL, I really don't like my SiL, therefore I'm very biased against you, sorry, and being partnered with Vincent doesn't help.

Denise - I quite like you, you're okay, you won't win, but you're not Lisa Snowden, and that's a big plus point in my book.

Fern - ummmm, nope, not happening, want to like you but it's all a bit aunt having a dance at a wedding

Lisa - all going a bit flat, same old same old with bad footwork, chance to redeem but I need to see some good ballroom and some different latin

Kimberley - it's all a bit nice, need to see you really click with Pasha and go for it.

Victoria - could be brilliant, could be a train wreck, I like this, don't know what to expect. Plus I'm a sobber as well (Ground Force could set me off every time, OH has banned me from watching DIY SOS :o )

Nicky - bland, boring and a bit rubbish

Richard - PUT ERIN DOWN

Louis - you're going to win, and there's a nice connection developing slowly with Flavia

Colin - such high hopes, such a dad dancer :(

Michael - love, rubbish but hilarious at latin, and a rather nifty ballroom dancer, plus him and Natalie are brilliant together
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Richard - PUT ERIN DOWN

:D:D:D
    I was going to use that phrase for Fern!

Fern - leave Artem alone. He's a bit young for you. Dancing - forgettable.

Dani - enthusiastic. Clearly enjoying herself. Dancing - variable.

Lisa - great partnership with Robin. Having a ball. Dancing - variable.

Denise - great natural dancer. Great partnership. Potential to win if she hadn't been labelled a ringer.

Victoria - nervy. Potential to improve. Dancing - variable

Kimberley - needs a kick up the backside and to stop training in UGG boots. She could be amazing. Dancing - nice but a bit forgettable.

Michael - a hard worker. Dancing - polar opposites between ballroom and latin.

Nicky - bland. Karen is a pro and should know not to train in UGG boots :rolleyes:. Nicky might be being a bit hampered by Karen not being a confident teacher and choreographer. Could do better.

Richard - all over Erin like a rash. Needs to stop camping it up. Dancing - Room for improvement.

Colin - a nice enough chap. Hampered by the height difference with Kristina. Not a great dancer. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about from week 1.

Louis - doesn't give anything away. Dancing - best of the males but I don't feel any reaction watching him dance.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Fern –I think she needs to kick it up a gear. Older women can and have shown more oomph.

2) Lisa – Naturally talented now she has to work work work on improving technique and fitness. There is a story in there longing to burst out.

3) Victoria – I think she has to work on confidence and feeling the music, and being less of a wet blanket.

4) Denise – I think she is just time and work away from a stunning performance. I hope to see it.

5) Kimberly - I think she is just time and work away from a stunning performance. I hope to see it.

6) Dani – Cute. Also has potential to pull of something fantastic. Hopefully in the jive this week. Perfect for little quick people.

Boys:

1) Colin – Naturally talented needs to work and his partner needs to push him rather than using him as a prop.

2) Michael - !!! Who’d have thunk it. I have no idea what he will pull of next. He's already exceeded expectations although I really really love his disastrous routines too. Really looking forward to seeing him samba...

3) Nicky – Competitive as hell. I think / hope he has now figured out that he has to work and listen to his pro to earn praise and put that competitively to good use.

4) Louis –Technically good but like a little boy – cute and shy. I want to say grow up and start emoting but I feel bad saying that about a good kid. However, grow up, give him acting classes, role play anything to bring out the performance skills I really think he is capable off.

5) Richard – I think he needs to kick it up a gear