Did anyone see Alexandra Burke on the Festival of Remembrance tonight?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The song is called there you'll be its a country song recorded originally by Faith Hill
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    Remembrance ?

I'm doing my best to forget her tbh .

Overrated and a first-class b1tch !

Have you ever actually met her or are you just assuming this? Because I've read numerous reports both on DS and from a friend of mine who has met her who say that she is far from the way you paint her. And is it really important what you think of someone on a personal level on such an occasion as Remembrance Sunday? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Have you ever actually met her or are you just assuming this? Because I've read numerous reports both on DS and from a friend of mine who has met her who say that she is far from the way you paint her. And is it really important what you think of someone on a personal level on such an occasion as Remembrance Sunday? :confused:

I've paid my respects personally as I do each year , I lost close relatives so it's a bad day all round in our house.

As to the woman in question , I disliked her all through the series and my impression of her wasn't helped when she did spots of guest judging on the last series . She's simply arrogant and obnoxious . Not surprised she wasn't invited to be a judge.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I uploaded the performance to my youtube channel :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yIY7c-2yfQY
    Its a really great performance, not Alex's best vocal imo but still great.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I've paid my respects personally as I do each year , I lost close relatives so it's a bad day all round in our house.

As to the woman in question , I disliked her all through the series and my impression of her wasn't helped when she did spots of guest judging on the last series . She's simply arrogant and obnoxious . Not surprised she wasn't invited to be a judge.

She can be loud, but where's the arrogance? That's the meaning:

'making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.'

I've not seen that tbh. She couldn't be a judge that year, she was busy. Your timetable has to be free.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    She can be loud, but where's the arrogance? That's the meaning:

'making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.'

I've not seen that tbh. She couldn't be a judge that year, she was busy. Your timetable has to be free.

The negative feedback from viewers meant she was never going to be a permanent judge , as I understand .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The negative feedback from viewers meant she was never going to be a permanent judge , as I understand .

The negative feedback being from the same people who just love to hate her for some reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Alexandra, but lets be honest, the majority of the UK are skets anyway so, they'll be having a lovely time insulting a young woman who has done nothing wrong. There is no place for a confident black woman in the UK, that has been made very clear.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    The negative feedback being from the same people who just love to hate her for some reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Alexandra, but lets be honest, the majority of the UK are skets anyway so, they'll be having a lovely time insulting a young woman who has done nothing wrong. There is no place for a confident black woman in the UK, that has been made very clear.

True. and Screaming at skets.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lmao.....and done. :D
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there much of an uproar about it apart from on here where it seems to be a crime to do anything unless you're an inoffensive mid-tempo singer.