Jahmene Douglas 'refuses to sing Katy Perry group song'

123457»

Comments

• brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if he didn't want to sing the song, that's his prerogative, he shouldn't have too. I don't, however, think that the other contestants should be inconvenienced as a result of this. They should have still done the song and told Jahmene to sit it out if he didn't want to sing it and let the others do the song.
    Well he probably would have done that.

And who was inconvenienced? The show said 'ok you're all going to sing this song, one person for whatever reason had a big problem with it and so the show who are in a better position than anyone to know the reasons obviously understood and said ok you'll sing this instead'.

I mean like everyone keeps saying 'it's only a song' so why are some acting like Ella is crying in the corner, Union J's hopes and dreams rely on that one song and Rylan will never walk again?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm tea total as well, have been all my life, and I would refuse to sing anything that promotes drinking alcohol also, and to bad for anyone who doesn't like it, its a personal life choice that I maintained regardless of peer pressure and i say well done to him. People are allowed to maintain there own choices in life, and its not up to anyone else to say any differently.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

I agree.
  • LilyAnna80LilyAnna80 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is coming across as a sanctimonius pratt.
  • VisitingVisiting Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    LilyAnna80 wrote: »
    He is coming across as a sanctimonius pratt.

No, he comes across as someone who stands by what he believes in.
    I respect that
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewis26 wrote: »
    I cant stand this whiney little gobshite he needs to get over himself. Just because you sing a song doesnt mean you agree with absolutely everything that it says, if someone sang man down by rihanna would they agree with murder? Ridiculous.

How selfish is he, now the other contestants have to learn a whole new song because of him and his stupid "morals"

Since when has having morals been stupid. We have heard his back story about what his father was like so If he chooses to live by a strong moral code and be the opposite of that why should he be critisized for that.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jahmene is an utter bore. I have no interest in his opinion and any non-participation in the group song is just precious time when we don't have to put up with him on our tv screens so it's win-win as far as I'm concerned.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jahmene is an utter bore. I have no interest in his opinion and any non-participation in the group song is just precious time when we don't have to put up with him on our tv screens so it's win-win as far as I'm concerned.

:) Well, I have to say after yet he ruined another of my all time favourites I tend to agree with you.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    I'm a Christian and I sin.....I'm human I'm not perfect.

Yes, I do thank God when things go good. But when they go wrong I don't blame him. I ask him to help me through those times.

Being gay is not a choice, it's the way God intended you to be.

Aids is another disease like the countless others diseases there are, you do not have to be gay to contract it.

:)

I agree with all points but the 3rd line down. If God intended some to be gay, why does he condemn it in the Bible? It doesn't make sense.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    I agree with all points but the 3rd line down. If God intended some to be gay, why does he condemn it in the Bible? It doesn't make sense.
    Some men wrote the bible.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »

Because we are all Gods children and being gay is in the genetic make up of a person and pre-determined at conception :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he refused to sing it, it obviously means it was not his guilty pleasure in the first place...and presumably the same for anyone else.