• Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Amen to that. Cheers Neil. :)
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Neil you have excelled yourself with these ratings updates! Thanks for doing them. :D
    Dancc wrote: »
    Amen to that. Cheers Neil. :)

You're welcome. It may be my last big update for a while though, due to my source dying. (A system, not a person. :D)

The thought of having to rely on the DS ratings reports (etc) seems like subsisting on thin gruel after weeks of fabulous banquets. :)
    Wezzo wrote: »
    Ouch. Painful. It's so late to the game, though, I imagine anyone even vaguely interested will have downloaded or imported DVDs at this stage.

You're right: Louie premiered on FX in the States as far back as June 2010! :eek: How inept, seeing as both broadcasters are owned by News Corp.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chase was robbed! :mad:

But in terms of This Morning desperation nothing can top the shameless "please vote for us" video packages that they did last year. They truly MUST be seen to be believed! :eek:

Wonder if David Cameron voted for it.:)
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil's right, unfortunately - back to DS tomorrow, folks!
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best ever TV Times awards was in, I think, 1984 when Brucie was presenting where he forgot the final award and starting saying goodbye, although he remembered before he actually finished and tried to make it look like it was delibrate.
    :D
    NeilVW wrote: »
    14:00 - Dickinson's Real Deal: 1.29m (14.7%), inc +1: 1.38m (15.7%)
    15:00 - The Alan Titchmarsh Show: 1.07m (12.2%), inc +1: 1.15m (13.1%)
    16:00 - Tipping Point: 1.89m (16.0%), inc +1: 1.97m (16.6%)
    Does Titchmarsh drop under 1m at any point in the show, and get his average boosted by people switching on early for Tipping Point, or does Tipping Point just start with a low figure similar to Titchmarsh's average? I'd have been better off asking this before your source died, though. :D

Will there be sausage rolls at the funeral? ;)
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    Oh Dear.

Why?

I thought the idea looked a lot better than there previous LE attempts. It's good to see they are trying non lottery game shows.

Ken
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [b]BB Overnight averages[/b]				
    Series	for 1st 14 days	for 1st 21 days	
    Aug-11	2.59	Celeb	2.6	
    Sep-11	1.45	Civilian1.41	
    Jan-12	2.28	Celeb	2.39	
    Jun-12	1.55	Civilian1.45	
    Aug-12	1.9	Celeb	1.97	
    Jan-13	2.29	Celeb	2.23	

Usual caveats re availability of +1 numbers

• Options
    xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

What a shame! Out of interest what is the system that is now broken and that you have you been using to obtain all the ratings over the past month or so?
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,228
    Forum Member
    I would be able to do the roundups on weekends or even weekdays if they aren't done by 4pm, if only my free access to the ratings wasn't abruptly stopped :(
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Now the ratings arent going to be posted so often and much less diversity, what will happen to this thread? Does it mean no more day time ratings?
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Still okay here for the moment. Hurry up Saturday !

In fairness we've been blessed for this past month and a half. Ratings heaven. All good things must come to an end though. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I would be able to do the roundups on weekends or even weekdays if they aren't done by 4pm, if only my free access to the ratings wasn't abruptly stopped :(

Where were you getting this free access from if you don't mind my asking :). And why has it now stopped?!
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailers didn't look funny to me. A poor man's Seinfeld, it seemed to be. And it was trailed to death, not getting any funnier each time.

Much better than Seinfeld, brilliant comedy, but as others have said so many would have watched it already. It's brilliant for disillusioned people of a certain age. Seinfeld was also not the first to start a comedy with a monologue, it's an American staple.

Anyway, Seinfield never rated well here either, we clearly don't like the style. I really liked the British one though "Joking Apart".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does Titchmarsh drop under 1m at any point in the show, and get his average boosted by people switching on early for Tipping Point, or does Tipping Point just start with a low figure similar to Titchmarsh's average?

I wish I knew, Pizza.:(
    I'd have been better off asking this before your source died, though. :D

Will there be sausage rolls at the funeral? ;)

Yes: you can have two, if you join the +1 queue :D
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Why?

I thought the idea looked a lot better than there previous LE attempts. It's good to see they are trying non lottery game shows.

Well if diving works, why not diving through glass panels? :) They could call it Crunch. (EDIT: or Smash)
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,228
    Forum Member
    Where were you getting this free access from if you don't mind my asking :). And why has it now stopped?!

It was meant to be a free trial which lasted for two and a bit months. Not giving up though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They chloroformed a one-time fantasy scheduler and Bullseye fanatic, tied him up with gaffer tape, locked him in a room full of Bendy Bullys, and made use of his ratings access.

Unfortunately, chloroform wears off, locks can be picked, and gaffer tape isn't what it used to be. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    It was meant to be a free trial which lasted for two and a bit months. Not giving up though.

I see- which site was the free trial with? Only if other forum members signed up gradually we could still gain access to the ratings for a further period? I for one would be willing to sign up :D

EDIT: just googled- guessing this is the screenwatch Attentional free trial offer?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes: you can have two, if you join the +1 queue :D

I'm in one of my silly moods today. Can you tell?

Thank you to you and everyone else who's been typing up so many ratings recently. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm in one of my silly moods today. Can you tell?

Yes, and it's infectious! Regarding that Bullseye fanatic, you were nearly right, but we actually coerced him by threatening to blow up ITV. :D
    Thank you to you and everyone else who's been typing up so many ratings recently. :)

It's been a pleasure. :)
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    How comes that trial thing is still working for Dancc and @TVRatingsUK but not for anyone else?? At least its not all stopped working and some people can still post the ratings :)
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if diving works, why not diving through glass panels? :) They could call it Crunch. (EDIT: or Smash)

That would be very funny. Watch a bunch of overpaid celebs get smashed up!

Ken:D
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting that ITV haven't and aren't giving the BBC a free ride on Tuesday night. Regardless of that the point still remains that there isn't a BBC1 equivalent of Tuesday night where ITV could launch a new or returning show without fear of major competition potentially denting it.

Call the Midwife launched against an ageing and crumbling ITV Sunday night line-up that had undoubtedly seen better days.

But there are plenty of weak slots in the BBC1 line-up where ITV can launch new dramas, the most obvious being Tuesdays at eight because Holby City has "undoubtedly seen better days", it's a sitting duck in the schedules to be abandoned the second anything more interesting comes along. And they have X Factor and BGT lead-ins which they fritter away on either existing shows that don't need the leg up or shows like The Prisoner that are never going to catch on.

In the past ITV had a bit more swagger about itself and would be bolder in its scheduling. Wednesdays at eight would be a great slot, too, with the Corrie lead-in. If ITV don't have the slots to launch new drama they should change the schedule.
    Servalan wrote: »
    Obviously times have changed - but that doesn't alter the fact that it's all about the quality of the idea. The millions who used to watch London's Burning, say, didn't so purely because there wasn't anything else on, and implying that diminishes the genuine popularity of that show and all the other big hits ITV once had in its drama canon.

Indeed, and of course most of these dramas were up against dramas on BBC1. I know in the week they got a helping hand because BBC1 had the news at nine but on Sundays they were extremely competitive. London's Burning was still beating BBC1 when they had Pride and Prejudice opposite it. In fact London's Burning is the perfect example of what ITV should be doing because it wasn't a star vehicle, but an ensemble piece.

I'd cite Silent Witness as the kind of thing ITV should be doing because that's managed to cope with several cast changes and seems to do well wherever it's scheduled. Yet I'm assuming it's one of the cheaper dramas on BBC1.
    "Doddery I am not..."

:)

And that was 30 years ago!

Indeed, I read that in one of Greavsie's many eighties autobiographies. Just looking in Television's Greatest Hits at the TV Times Top Ten Awards, because they lasted for years, the first one was in April 1976. The only year it got to number one in the ratings was 1978 though the highest rated one was in 1979 when it got 16.8 million viewers at 8pm on Wednesday 9th May. The only years it failed to chart was in 1983, not sure why, and in 1985 which I know was because, for some reason, they showed them at 10.30. The last one ever, which also failed to chart, was on 2nd January 1990, and I know that because it meant they got on the cover of the Christmas TV Times - https://sites.google.com/site/ukchristmastv/tvtimescoverspage2 (On another note, what appalling covers the TV Times had every Christmas.)

Presumably one reason why they stopped doing them was after 1991, they no longer had the monopoly on TV listings and the other magazines would refuse to bill them. Also the TVT readership clearly plummeted in 1991 after deregulation when you didn't have to buy it anymore.

Richard O'Sullivan did the first four, then David Hamilton for a couple of years, then a right brantub of hosts, as TV's Greatest Hits points out - Peter Bowles in 1986, Anneka Rice in 1987, Nigel Havers in 1988 and Barrymore in 1989. The other weird thing about the TV Times Top Ten Awards is that despite being called the TV Times Top Ten Awards, in all the TVTs I have they only announce the results as a top three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »

That would be very funny. Watch a bunch of overpaid celebs get smashed up!

Well it's actually going to happen as one feature of the game, presided over by Shane Richie. Not overpaid slebs, mind, just members of the public. I trust it's fake, 'action movie' glass. :)
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're welcome. It may be my last big update for a while though, due to my source dying. (A system, not a person. :D)

The thought of having to rely on the DS ratings reports (etc) seems like subsisting on thin gruel after weeks of fabulous banquets. :)

Yikes! You mean it's ended? :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yikes! You mean it's ended? :cry:

Except for a lucky few.
This discussion has been closed.