The what Tattoo's say about you in 2013 thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The need to express one's self as a pack member is best displayed by getting a tattoo.
This is often looked upon as a distinctive experience that helps define a person in many different ways.

Imature.

Inadequate.

Inability to make long term decisions.

i is for ink

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    The need to express one's self as a pack member is best displayed by getting a tattoo.
    This is often looked upon as a distinctive experience that helps define a person in many different ways.

Imature.

Inadequate.

Inability to make long term decisions.

i is for ink

I'd say that is a big problem when choosing a tattoo, but I don't agree with your other ideas though.

I really would like to get some ink done this year, I think tasteful tatts look great and can be very sexy :)
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every tattoo I have represents something from that time in my life.I couldn't give a flying f*** what people think of me.Never had a problem with employers and work with the public daily on a wage of around £60000 a year.There,I reckon I've destroyed a few untrue myths that I'm sure the usual suspects will trot out before long.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    My body, my money and my choice. If anyone has a problem with me having tattoos then that says a whole lot more about their petty and fickle little minds than it does about me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find full or half sleeves on men so horny, and most of them have respectable jobs. Im starting my sleeve this year after taking an age to design it myself.

Stop worrying about what others think, in reality no one cares. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Another tattoos-are-shit thread? REALLY? Can there possibly be any point of view on this subject that's not been covered in the other twenty million threads?

Let me sum up: some like Tattoos, some dislike tattoos, some don't give a flying f*ck whether people have a tattoo or not, some like to think they know all about a person just be looking at thier tattoos (or lack of), some think they are art, some think they are trashy.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ic wrote: »
    Every tattoo I have represents something from that time in my life.I couldn't give a flying f*** what people think of me.Never had a problem with employers and work with the public daily on a wage of around £60000 a year.There,I reckon I've destroyed a few untrue myths that I'm sure the usual suspects will trot out before long.

That surprises me considering there were absolutely no spaces after your use of punctuation and not the fact you have tattoos.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What they say about you depends on the tattoo and its location.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ic wrote: »
    Every tattoo I have represents something from that time in my life.

That's a good thing I'd imagine to look back on :)
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I got my first two last year I'm getting another one (hopefully) at some point during this year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got my first two last year I'm getting another one (hopefully) at some point during this year

What sort of patterns/designs did you get last year?
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    My body, my money and my choice. If anyone has a problem with me having tattoos then that says a whole lot more about their petty and fickle little minds than it does about me.

Put it better than I ever could, completely agree with this.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Nicely done pieces you have there :)

Thank you I'm thinking about making up a design for the next one
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    Another tattoos-are-shit thread? REALLY? Can there possibly be any point of view on this subject that's not been covered in the other twenty million threads?

Let me sum up: some like Tattoos, some dislike tattoos, some don't give a flying f*ck whether people have a tattoo or not, some like to think they know all about a person just be looking at thier tattoos (or lack of), some think they are art, some think they are trashy.

All of this. Not every subject has to be original, but some deserve a longer period of mourning before they're dragged back.
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your body your money ya can do whatever ya like with it,
    I'm a 60 (soon) year old life long biker and don't have one tat,
    Thats just MY way of showing my 'individuality'

Shit I get bored with the paint job on my bike every 6 months anyway and have to change it, So I could never be happy with any permanent design on my skin,

I can fully respect the art work of a well drawn tattoo though,

I cant stand facial tattoo's or any kind of facial piercing, Just a personal thing, a lump of metal hanging out of somebody's face, to ME, is about as 'attractive' as a huge puss filled zit, or a nice big lump of wet snot, and has about the same 'score' on my 'gag reflex' scale,
    But that's just me,
    :D
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Thank you I'm thinking about making up a design for the next one

Perhaps you could do one in memory of a beloved pet?
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    Perhaps you could do one in memory of a beloved pet?
    ...with a capital letter, next time?
  • Egg MonsterEgg Monster Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    The only thing that having a tattoo says about a person is that at some point in the past they made a decision to have their skin permanently inked. Trying to surmise anything else about a tattooed person is guesswork, speculation and ignorance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    The good thing about art is that your creativity isn't limited by a finite canvas. I don't understand anyone who wants to express themselves in such an economy of space.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gees some people get really het up about tats that aren't on their own body!

I imagine the 'didnt they think about how it will look when they're a hundred and one years old!?' counterpoint will be along soon.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    load of tosh, it`s personal art and an expression of one`s personality and style, nothing more.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a huge argument with my daughter when I said I wouldn't want one myself - the reason is her husband has one! I never actually said I didn't like them - as it happens some I like some I don't but it's up to the individual. If you want one go ahead and enjoy your art. Although I do dislike the attitude that it makes a person an individual as if when you don't get one you're not:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Tattoos say more positive things about a person than bad grammar does...
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    mounty wrote: »
    gees some people get really het up about tats that aren't on their own body!

I imagine the 'didnt they think about how it will look when they're a hundred and one years old!?' counterpoint will be along soon.

Yes, i really tire of hearing that one.