Options

Is Essex The Dumbest County in Britain

13»

Comments

• Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    No only you.
    Are you Autistic? As the way you can't understand a sentence slightly out of context is very asperger like behaviour. They rely on black and white answers and can't think their way through a statement.

Now I am dyslexic so what's your excuse? Being from Essex?

Careful now .....
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    don't even know why you asked wasn't even talking to you.

I wasn't talking to you earlier but you came wading in...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    Careful now .....

Just asking as my son is Autistic and thats the sort of thing he would say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No only you.
    Are you Autistic? As the way you can't understand a sentence slightly out of context is very asperger like behaviour. They rely on black and white answers and can't think their way through a statement.

Now I am dyslexic so what's your excuse? Being from Essex?

Keep digging...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Keep digging...

No not digging, I am seriously asking you, what part of my statement was so confusing that you have to start this entire thread about how poor my punctuation and spelling is.
    Now I am dyslexic. What's your excuse?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I have a friend from down that way and she's very girly-girly and into all the tanning and make up but she's isn't stupid. "TOWIE" like clones are not a good indicator of a county, nor is Geordie Shore an official symbol for Newcastle.

These people who play up to the stereotypes of their county are the idiots for doing what is expected of them. Believe it or not; not everyone from a 'chav town' is a chav, not everyone from a 'posh place' is a snob. Branch out a bit and expand your mind from the tiny convience of persuming all stereotypes as accurate.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not digging, I am seriously asking you, what part of my statement was so confusing that you have to start this entire thread about how poor my punctuation and spelling is.

don't waste your time on them mate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't start this thread.

You posted on this thread slating a whole county for being dumb. I pointed out an error in your post. You are trying to backtrack unsuccesfully from your error and dragging this whole thing out even longer.

And I think a lot of people would be confused if you said to them "yeah, just drive on the M25 past Southend" if you were giving them directions to somewhere further round the M25.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I didn't start this thread.

You posted on this thread slating a whole county for being dumb. I pointed out an error in your post. You are trying to backtrack unsuccesfully from your error and dragging this whole thing out even longer.

And I think a lot of people would be confused if you said to them "yeah, just drive on the M25 past Southend" if you were giving them directions to somewhere further round the M25.
    I didn't realise I was giving directions, if I were I would have linked a website to a map.

No I stated that when I travel on the M25 and drive past the junctions for Romford and Southend, I am constantly amazed at the poor driving skills of some drivers.
    This has somehow touched a nerve with you.

All I want to know is, I am dyslexic and I make mistakes with my spelling and punctuation, what's your problem?

I don't think many drivers would be confused by yeah, just drive on the M25 past Southend.

Maybe its just you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise I was giving directions, if I were I would have linked a website to a map.

No I stated that when I travel on the M25 and drive past the junctions for Romford and Southend, I am constantly amazed at the poor driving skills of some drivers.

All I want to know is, I am dyslexic and I make mistakes with my spelling and punctuation, what's your problem?

I don't think many drivers would be confused by yeah, just drive on the M25 past Southend.

Maybe its just you.

The point is that you didn't say you meant the junctions in your original post. Youonly mentioned that you meant the junctions for the A roads that lead to those towns once your error was pointed out.

In your attempt to agree with the 'dumbness' of people from Essex you made a mistake and don't want to admit it.

Now I am finished with this so you can have the last word . TTFN.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member

Maybe its just you.

Hang on, you posted a comment making a generalisation about people from a particular area being idiots and morons, calling them freaks and you are surprised that someone who comes from that area called you out about it.:rolleyes:

Perhaps someone should start a thread about Bromley:cool:
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Yes, pretty sure you're wrong there. ;)

I think you'll find that the emphasis was on 'its' and 'it's', not the spelling of the car.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I think you'll find that the emphasis was on its and it's, not the spelling of the car.
    You're right.

It's still Corsa though.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    You're right.

It's still Corsa though.

Depends on which county you're from :D
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Depends on which county you're from :D

:D Looks like it, yes!
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I travel between Kent and Essex on a regular basis, now Kent has more than its fare share of idiots and morons, but as soon as you get past Lakeside, and head up the M25 past Southend and Romford the freaks all come out, all in Fords, Subaru's, Corsa's (my personal favorite) tailgaiting, making gestures out the window, cutting in and out of lanes, or my personal favorite, roaring down the slip lane and swerving straight into the 3rd lane.

eh ? :eek:

Has the M25 been extended without my knowledge ?

No, we're not dumb here in Essex, just outgoing and pleasant and with a strong accent. Unfortunately people confuse it with stupidity, which in certain instances can be an advantage. .