Should criticism of minorities be off limits

RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
Forum Member
I think not as they then could do anything they like. And no one could say anything about them.now that would not be right would it. sometimes you got to criticize people no matter what colour, religion,race, sexual preference,

Comments

• Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Glad we cleared that one up.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    hmm i dunno op, are digital spy forum members off limits to criticism too?
  • jim4bbjim4bb Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    I think not as they then could do anything they like. And no one could say anything about them.now that would not be right would it. sometimes you got to criticize people no matter what colour, religion,race, sexual preference,

Hold on you missed, fat people, tall people, short people, people with disabilities.

No one should be off limits.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well obviously there's a difference between criticising someone's views despite them being part of a minority group and criticising someone simply because they are part of a minority group. I'm sure practically everyone understands this. Not sure about the OP though...
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Criticising them for being a minority, or for being an idiot?
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well in that case the criticism is because of something someone has done or said.
  • LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does this include white people who make up less than 15% of the human population - I'm no Isaac Newton on maths but I think 15% is a minority.
  • Proposition JoeProposition Joe Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    OP did you see your mum ride a BMW when you were younger ?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Criticising someone purely becasue they are a minority is wrong, criticising someone as you would anyone else for their views (if out of line) or behaviour is perfectly ok.
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fail Ricky. You may criticise me if you want to.
  • Rice_and_PeasRice_and_Peas Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Titan9 wrote: »

Do you even know how to criticize the minority?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you even know how to criticize the minority?

I beg your pardon?
    Forum Member
    Maybe it's just me but it seemed pretty obvious that the OP was referring to the idea that people who are part of some minority shouldn't be criticised rather than the idea that people shouldn't be criticised because they're part of a minority.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but it seemed pretty obvious that the OP was referring to the idea that people who are part of some minority shouldn't be criticised rather than the idea that people shouldn't be criticised because they're part of a minority.

You've lost me.
    Forum Member
    You've lost me.

The OP seems to be suggesting that it should be okay to criticise members of of a minority for something they say or do.

Nothing to do with criticising people for simply being part of a minority.

Kinda so obvious it hardly needs saying, even though the OP obviously felt that it did need saying.
    Forum Member
    I beg your pardon?

You said I could criticize you so that's what I'm doing. I'm criticizing your inability to criticize
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there's something to be criticised....then yes; no community should stand on race, colour or creed to avoid due criticism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK, you have used the word 'fail' as a noun when it is a verb. In your post, it should be replaced with 'failure.' Is that criticism enough?
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,830
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    The OP seems to be suggesting that it should be okay to criticise members of of a minority for something they say or do.

Nothing to do with criticising people for simply being part of a minority.

Kinda so obvious it hardly needs saying, even though the OP obviously felt that it did need saying.

Right; So they where stating the obvious? Does anyone actually think it is wrong to criticise what someone does or says because they belong to a minority?

Edit OP you seem to be attacking something no one actually does. Why?
    Forum Member
    Richard46 wrote: »
    So they where stating the obvious? Does anyone actually think it is wrong to criticise what someone does or says because they belong to a minority?

Ahem!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they where stating the obvious? Does anyone actually think it is wrong to criticise what someone does or says because they belong to a minority?

I highly doubt it. It does amaze me how this OP's threads (which are all plainly drivel) always attract a fair amount of posts. Of course, I'm as guilty as anyone for posting on them... :o
    Forum Member

I doubt it, hence my original reply. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You said I could criticize you so that's what I'm doing. I'm criticizing your inability to criticize

Haha nice one, even though my comment was meant for Ricky.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I hope not. It riles me that disabled people get their own designated parking spaces near the supermarket when the rest of us do not! :mad:
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for ginger parking bays nearer the supermarket. The pale freckled skin of the ginger minger needs to have minimum exposure to sunlight. Therefore they need the closest parking to the door.