Richard thorp, just died, but was he the actor In this show, can't remember it!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I seem to remember a show about a little old lady and a butler, driver, etc, I think it was in the 60's or 70's. It not coming up as him, so what was the name of the series (think it was named after the lady) and if it was not him, who!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean Mrs Thursday? If you do then it was Hugh Manning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jalabert wrote: »
    Do you mean Mrs Thursday? If you do then it was Hugh Manning.

Yes thank you.
    I loved that series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked him out, they could have passed for brothers
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Film - Driving Miss Daisy?

or Parker and Lady Penelope..............

Brabinger in To The Manor Born
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh dear..............i spent ages trying to remember those 3............I vaguely remember Mrs Thursday but thought she was a cleaner...............didn't realise she had a chauffeur............:eek:
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I thought of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0g9sB4m3qM from your description. I vaguely remember it in the 1970s. I think it was on on a Sunday night.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Yes Two's Company with Elaine Stitch. That was the first thing that came to mind immediatley I saw this post a few minute ago. I remember it well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought of this from your description. I vaguely remember it in the 1970s. I think it was on on a Sunday night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0g9sB4m3qM

By coincidence I thought I saw Elaine Stritch on the street in London a few days ago..............she's still alive but pretty old !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Yes Two's Company with Elaine Stitch. That was the first thing that came to mind immediatley I saw this post a few minute ago. I remember it well.

Donald Sinden lives in a lovely small town not far from me, Tenterden in Kent, sometimes see him in Waitrose, or more to the point hear his amazing voice.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Donald Sinden lives in a lovely small town not far from me, Tenterden in Kent, sometimes see him in Waitrose, or more to the point hear his amazing voice.

Maybe he should voice over the self-service tills: "Unexpected item in the bagging area!" :D
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    oh dear..............i spent ages trying to remember those 3............I vaguely remember Mrs Thursday but thought she was a cleaner...............didn't realise she had a chauffeur............:eek:

She won a lot of money on something - maybe the pools?
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    Sad about Richard Thorp :(

Just read that Elaine Stritch has guested in recent times in 30 Rock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Many condolences to Richard Thorp's family.
    For me he will always be Mr Turner in Emmerdale. I used to enjoy the scenes with him as boss of Home Farm and his skiving employee Seth Armstrong.
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my youth Richard Thorp was the hearthrob doctor in Emergency Ward Ten. He was gorgeous.