Sony Grand Wega KF-42X300

Has anybody any idea what these lcd rear projection tv's are like with Sky? Just been looking at one but they didn't have Sky on it.
What are they like overall?
Thanks

Comments

• JamieslaptopJamieslaptop Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    They are a very nice set with a cracking picture but some earlier models suffer problems which requires an upgrade in the power supply and the part isnt in stock till march so if you drop on one of these they arent too great. Seen one with sky, bit pixelated but what do you expect with a screen this size.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I bought this model before xmas. Reports were good though it didnt look up to much in the shop display. Great picture at home though. All my friends and rels impressed with pic quality. Sound is pretty good for virtual dolby.

There was a tendancy for parts of picture to stand still when the picture changed slightly. eg someones face moves slightly and the pores and pock marks stand still. This problem went away by using the rgb scart from my freeview box.

Yes you really can see every pock mark on every face, hairs on womens necks and blades of grass on the footy close ups. And, skin colour is absolutely real in almost every situation.

The only downside i've found is the weight of the stand. the TV is really quite light but It takes two people to carry the stand.
    Once you have it in place you wont want to move it so make sure you do all your setting up before pushing it back against the wall for its final resting place.