Xmen Movies Question

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
Forum Member
Hey comic book fans!! quick question why do u think FOX and the director brian singer chose the 4 main xmen in movies to be

-Wolverine
-Cyclops
-Jean
-Storm

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Wolverine = most popular

Jean/ Cyclops = to carry on the Logan/Jean/Scott triangle

Storm = Halle Berry still has star name value compaired to most of the others from the original films. Also she was team leader when Cyclops was gone.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because those four characters are some of the most well known x-men of all time.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolverine and Storm for (at the time) being the most well-known and recognisable. Possibly also Storm for being double token minority as being both black and a woman. Cyclops because team leader, because comic fans would kick up a fuss if he wasn't included and to play off Wolverine (although never to that much of an extent). Jean as Cyclops' love interest (and Wolverine's, hinted) and as a partner for Storm, I guess.

Like poster said above, Logan/Scott/Jean have the interplay. I guess the other character could have been anyone, but Storm probably had the recognisability factor and the PC factor ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,012
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Probably because those four characters are some of the most well known x-men of all time.

And let's get back to the original Hulk.....
    Grey skinned, and transforming at nightfall! :)
  • Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    I would have expected them myself to be the stars personally, they are the ones I remember along with Beast and Xavier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say my problem with XMen is how out of sync it is. I would have preferred them to just have the Uncanny Xmen and then first class to have been the originals.

My whole issue with first class (which I cant bear to watch was it wasn't Beast, Cyclops, Angel, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Professor X.

The merging and damaging of the timelines from the comics was not great for me.
  • mrtrobzmrtrobz Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new trailer hits in twenty minutes. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I have to say my problem with XMen is how out of sync it is. I would have preferred them to just have the Uncanny Xmen and then first class to have been the originals.

My whole issue with first class (which I cant bear to watch was it wasn't Beast, Cyclops, Angel, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Professor X.

The merging and damaging of the timelines from the comics was not great for me.

The whole thing has been a mess beginning to end, no grand vision like Avengers, just lets bang out as many X-Men films as possible to try & make a few $ they have all been average to dreadful not conveying the brilliance of the comic and it just leaves the whole thing a little flat. The studio is mainly at fault and so is Singer who is a very unimaginative writer / director who is no good at filming action sequences.
  • drwhorudrwhoru Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Jasper456 wrote: »
    The whole thing has been a mess beginning to end, no grand vision like Avengers, just lets bang out as many X-Men films as possible to try & make a few $ they have all been average to dreadful not conveying the brilliance of the comic and it just leaves the whole thing a little flat. The studio is mainly at fault and so is Singer who is a very unimaginative writer / director who is no good at filming action sequences.

from a non comic book fan's point of view i really don't think the x men films are a mess at all and are certainly superior in many ways to the avengers movie.