Comments

• Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have any of you guys seen the new X1 Titanfall controller? LINK

That is a MUST BUY! :cool:

Looks just like a normal controller :confused:

Does it do something special for the game? or is it just a paint job try and sell a standard controller at an even more inflated price.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have any of you guys seen the new X1 Titanfall controller? LINK

That is a MUST BUY! :cool:

I'd consider it IF it also works with Windows 8/8.1. I prefer using Xbox controllers to game on PC and I'd like an Xbox one controller to replace the 360 controller I use now :) Titanfall controller does look slick though mate.
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    The pad looks great.I need a second pad so that one looks like the one i'll be getting.

in other news

XBOX ONE BETA?

http://www.titanfall.com/standby-for-titanfall

Iv'e signed up, but i'm not very lucky with give aways.:(

Same here, would love to be lucky enough!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always buy 2 sometimes 3 controllers for my consoles. I have 2 young kids that like to game (well more fight and argue than game) together so having their own controller is a must. They tend to play the types of games that require button bashing so I like to have my own controller that I know will last (unlike theirs) lol. This got me to thinking just how many controllers we go through and at a guess, for the 360 I'd say we've replaced around 6 to 8 so far.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll defo need an extra controller and I like the styling.
    Went through 6 controllers for my 3 360's in 7 years. I'm not a clumsy person but I do tend to drop my controllers a lot and sometimes I forget that they are resting in my lap and don't check before I stand up. And I've only tested one for durability once - it failed.
    The latest one that came with my slim seems to be fairing better, 2 years 1 month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alpha codes are out but looks like US only
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    From what iv'e read so far from people that have got in the Alpha, this game is going to be huge. Some are saying its the best FPS they have ever played while others are saying that it has the potential to be the best game they have ever played in any genre.

I hope it is as good as all the Hype is suggesting. i know of at least 3 of my old xbox 360 buddies that will be buying a console for this if it is.

Unfortunately, as expected, i didn't get in the Alpha. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all for Xbox one :(. I was hoping that the PC version was included in the Alpha. It's pants that it's just the US that gets access first. Do we not count. Oh well, not long to wait now I suppose.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it seems even on Neogaf most people are impressed with this now after playing it. 6v6 for most seems to be the ideal number as there is always a lot going on.

Only really two negative things I've read is the AI is rather poor and the textures don't seem as sharp. But the developers have said the textures are only at 25% (however they came up with that number I don't know) but I'm guessing there rather compressed to make the download small.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand online multiplayer is important in this day and age but the lack of a single player campaign is disappointing. Probably still pick it up at some point once I get back on x-box live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I watched one of the live Alpha feeds for this last night and while it looked fun, i didn't think it looked all that different to COD in terms of the gameplay mechanics. Yeah, there's mechs and the scale is bigger, but so far i'm not really seeing what supposedly sets it apart from the pack.

I'm not sure that this is going to be the system seller that MS seem to be hoping that it is, and releasing it on 360 as well (while obviously a sound business decision for EA) might mute the expected sales explosion of the X1. From MS's perspective, they would have been better off making it X1 exclusive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I watched one of the live Alpha feeds for this last night and while it looked fun, i didn't think it looked all that different to COD in terms of the gameplay mechanics. Yeah, there's mechs and the scale is bigger, but so far i'm not really seeing what supposedly sets it apart from the pack.

I'm not sure that this is going to be the system seller that MS seem to be hoping that it is, and releasing it on 360 as well (while obviously a sound business decision for EA) might mute the expected sales explosion of the X1. From MS's perspective, they would have been better off making it X1 exclusive.

and have the PC master race miss out ? tut tut tut :D
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    The 360 version has still not been seen and I wonder if 360 owners should worry.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/08/who-is-developing-titanfall-for-xbox-360
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems as if Titanfall will be sold as (just under) a full price game, even though it's online only - apart from the £250 collectors edition, of course.

I don't have a problem with online only games, but the ones I've played in the past have either been cheap (around £15) or F2P.

Genuine question - is everyone comfortable with the pricing?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup.

Why should it be cheaper because there's no SP?

If there was an SP campaign, going by how long other shooter campaigns last for it would probably only be 8 hours at most anyway... you should get far, far, far more time out of the MP than that.

The BF4 SP campaign was short (and crap) and forgettable, but I've got dozens and dozens of hours out of the MP.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems as if Titanfall will be sold as (just under) a full price game, even though it's online only - apart from the £250 collectors edition, of course.

I don't have a problem with online only games, but the ones I've played in the past have either been cheap (around £15) or F2P.

Yes, why should it be less?

It takes as long to make, and you get the same play time from it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Yup.

Why should it be cheaper because there's no SP?

If there was an SP campaign, going by how long other shooter campaigns last for it would probably only be 8 hours at most anyway... you should get far, far, far more time out of the MP than that.

The BF4 SP campaign was short (and crap) and forgettable, but I've got dozens and dozens of hours out of the MP.
    Yes, why should it be less?

It takes as long to make, and you get the same play time from it.

Fair comments.

I wasn't saying it should be cheaper, I just wanted to get people's viewpoints. With games such as COD, BF, GTAV etc etc etc it's the combination of SP and MP which make them a great overall package.

My own closest frame of reference would be Warhawk, an online MP-only game on the PS3. It cost me £14.99 (plus some DLC) and I've clocked up approaching 400 hours on it. Exceptional value.

If Titanfall looks as if it would appeal to me on anything like that level, then it would easily be worth full price. However, what I have seen and heard from others suggests that not everyone feels the same.
  • Options
    plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A different clip , looks bloody good :o

http://youtu.be/cXnquz6mHjA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at some of the feeds i have seen this game cannot come quick enough and its only a Alpha version.

Could even be a midnight collection for me, depending on digital price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Looking at some of the feeds i have seen this game cannot come quick enough and its only a Alpha version.

Could even be a midnight collection for me, depending on digital price.

The footage I saw yesterday was spectacular. I'm really eager to see the reviews for this. Will I get the 360 version or will it be enough to mKe me splash out on an Xbox One?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

£34.99 for PC version (either disc or digi download) so no complaints here. Collectors edition advertised on Amazon for £745 :o
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I love how TitanFall divides opinion, iv'e seen forums with posts claiming that this is an early GOTY contender shortly followed by someone claiming that this looks like the worse FPS they've ever seen.

It certainly has people talking.

I can understand why early PS4 adopters would feel bitter. Microsoft more or less paid for this game not to come to Sony consoles, they could do it again for the the next installments of the game or maybe just pay for them to be released on the X1 a few months early nobody knows at this point.Personally i think i would have preferred this to be released on all consoles as it seems like the kind of game that will get people talking and would benefit more with a wider audience. We shall see.

As for the price, i'm cool with the £40 price tag. I've purchased BF4 for full price and probably done a couple of dozen hours on that game yet only played the first two single player missions. I was also one of the few to buy Defiance last gen for nearly full RRP.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    I love how TitanFall divides opinion, iv'e seen forums with posts claiming that this is an early GOTY contender shortly followed by someone claiming that this looks like the worse FPS they've ever seen.

Mechs and robots are just a bit marmite. Everyone can enjoy an army game but Mechs are a lot more love hate which is why I think Titan Fall will struggle to be a COD beater.

Just look at Battlefield 2142, it was nowhere near as popular as the BF games which came before and after it.

That's not to say the game will be bad, for those who love Mechs it will probably be one of the best online games for a long time. But if you're not a fan of Mechs it will all just be a bit meh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Mechs and robots are just a bit marmite. Everyone can enjoy an army game but Mechs are a lot more love hate which is why I think Titan Fall will struggle to be a COD beater.

Just look at Battlefield 2142, it was nowhere near as popular as the BF games which came before and after it.

That's not to say the game will be bad, for those who love Mechs it will probably be one of the best online games for a long time. But if you're not a fan of Mechs it will all just be a bit meh.

well it certainly can't be any worse than the last CoD game. Personally, I think it'll be a hit. We need something new when it comes to shooters. CoD has become stale now. same old crap year after year. And before anyone says it, Yes I did buy Ghosts, unfortunately.