third watch

mackembloke72mackembloke72 Posts: 236
Forum Member
anyone remember this...fantastic program watched all seasons,shame when it ended,would love to see it back tho,i thought it was gritty true to life and didnt deserve to be axed..favorite character was "bosco" boscorelli:D

Comments

• logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this show!! C4 used to show it in the middle of the night and when i emailed them to ask why, they said it was because they had to take it when they bought the rights to ER but didn't really have faith in it so just buried it in a spare slot. Big mistake imo. Sully, Boscoe and Yokas where brilliant characters.
    It was a great idea having a show float between the 3 emergency services and how they interact wtih each other. FX occasionally repeat it now an then, but it could do with being shown from Ep 1 to the finish again.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Absolutely loved it - one of my favourite shows of all time :)

When I saw this thread I hoped it was something about a channel repeating it or DVD releases - bloody pissed that season 1 was released 7 years ago and there's still no signs of season 2-6 :(
  • G926G926 Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Third Watch was one of my favourites. The reason it never got a DVD release was to do with music rights if I remember correctly. There was something complicated involved and it made it not financially viable for release.

Shame, I would snap up a box set if it became available,
  • Gunner DLGunner DL Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved 'Third Watch', such a good ensemble cast and there were always strong story lines. I can remember it being on Channel 4 during the daytime about 10 years ago but, like with their daytime runs of 'ER', there were always some episodes that had to be cut for daytime viewing.

I have the Season 1 boxset, I'd love to see the whole lot again, though.

So many strong characters in it...Bosco and Yokas, Sully, Doc to name but a few.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    It's music rights delaying release. They should just change what they cant afford to keep - aside from the theme tune, and the song that plays at the end of the first and last episodes, there's nothing they can't do without.
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 9/11 episode was brilliantly done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I bought the first series on DVD and was hooked. I managed to get the second series on Region 1 and loved that as well, but unfortunately I've not seen any episodes after series 2. There are some websites selling the complete series for about £60-70, but I'm worried about spending that much on them and the quality being awful :( I hope they bring the remaining series out on DVD soon so I can finally get to watch every episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Recently watched the entire series, and consider it one of my faves!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Third Watch! One of my all-time favourite shows. And Bosco is possibly my all-time favourite character in any TV show I've seen. I randomly caught an episode on FX a few years ago, then started recorded them when channel 4 showed them in the mornings. Then when E4/More 4 showed the newer ones. FX then showed them from the start so I managed to catch them all. I'd love for them to show them aal gain.

I have season one and two on DVD. My season two is a region one, but it works on my DVD player which pleases me greatly :D
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Recently watched the entire series, and consider it one of my faves!

Where did you see it?
  • mackembloke72mackembloke72 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    ive emailed fox uk and asked about chances of them still having or gaining rights to repeat the series..will post the reply as soon as i get it
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would totally buy it on dvd if they released it, I only ever managed to watch up to partway through season 2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I downloaded the whole series from a torrent site a while back but the quality was awful. Most episodes are available on YouTube also, but again the quality is pretty poor VHS. If someone was to repeat the whole series I'd definitely series link it