Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flufan wrote: »
    Recently moved to Sky telly; two things irritate me:

- in the TV Guide, if you scroll down and down (oh, that's another thing - that if you hold down the "down" bit of the channel selector rocker thing on the remote, it doesn't resend the signal and you have to keep pressing the thing). Anyway, if you go down and down X pages then select a channel to watch, if you then bring up the TV Guide again, it starts at page one and doesn't go straight to page X To see what's on the channels with higher numbers than you're on, you have to do the whole tap-tap-tap thing again.

- the need for so many taps of "Back Up" on the remote. It seems that to undo the simplest thing you have to press it three times or more. Rrr.

Mine goes down when I keep hold.. And can't you just press the 'Sky' button to exit?
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    Aren't you concerned that this may cause them to run into the back of you?

That'll be why they said they used the fog lights and not the brake lights.
  • Options
    FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine goes down when I keep hold.. And can't you just press the 'Sky' button to exit?

I'll give that a try!
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    The cleaners at work are always cleaning the toilets when I need to use them. It's bad enough that we've been stuck in an office on the complete opposite side of the building to the loos (it is quite a large building) but having trekked all the the way to them then having to go back and try again later is not fun with a full bladder.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The annoying man on the bus every morning who whistles all the time. Instead of exhaling like a normal person he has to whistle some stupid tune over and over. He's a human version of that bloody Samsung ringtone.
  • Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cleaners at work are always cleaning the toilets when I need to use them. It's bad enough that we've been stuck in an office on the complete opposite side of the building to the loos (it is quite a large building) but having trekked all the the way to them then having to go back and try again later is not fun with a full bladder.

I often walk in to our toilets at work to find the female cleaners there, it's pretty damn awkward!
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Cold callers who don't accept "no thanks" as an answer when they ask you to be part of a survey, and keep repeating themselves until you need to put the phone down on them:mad:
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I often walk in to our toilets at work to find the female cleaners there, it's pretty damn awkward!

We had a cleaner who would just walk into the gents without any warning, despite repeated warning not to do that. But according to her it was everyone else's fault.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has been bugging me for a while. Our automatic revolving door at work clearly states "DON'T PUSH" on each of the four doors. Yet people still push it, clearly not understanding the meaning of automatic, causing it to stop for about 20 seconds.
  • Options
    Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail and Guardian readers wind me up more that Independent readers tbh, with their tribalistic views and general intolerance. I get the impression Independent readers are just incredibly cynical bastards like myself.

Actually,I'm not the least bit interested in readers of The Independent or any other newspaper.I gave up reading newspapers in the last century.I would like opinions on what really gets my back up,which should be pretty obvious in my original post....

People who read The Independant wind me up.Their definately a bunch of loosers.

And yes,I do know exactly what I just wrote.Thank you for noticing the irony.You know what I'm getting at.

So really,somebody please agree that it annoys them to the point of despair as well.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The overly-breathy, groaning voices that people have when they've not long woken up. Don't bother talking to me until you've had your caffeine boost and regained the ability to speak properly!
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Daily Mail and Guardian readers wind me up more that Independent readers tbh, with their tribalistic views and general intolerance. I get the impression Independent readers are just incredibly cynical bastards like myself.

I see them as a newspaper who think everyone is hard done by and that some evil powerful entity is always responsible for their problems never themselves.

It is full of doom and gloom about the world, instead of immigrants, gay(Daily Mail) etc being to blame its usually the western world, environmental catastrophe and American that is blamed.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when some people speak, especially younger people, their voices go up at the end of a sentence so it sounds like they're asking a question, arrgggh, really annoying, although it is apparently a sign of insecurity..:rolleyes:

'my rock' and '24/7' when spoken...put my teeth on edge!!!

crying at everything...for goodness sake! :rolleyes:

people refusing to take responsibility for their actions, it's always someone else's fault!! of course it is!!!:rolleyes:

benefit cheats:mad::mad:
    i am sure i could think of others...:D:D:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people I work with (again!). We've got a lot of work to do at the moment and one member of staff immediately goes off sick "my back's playing up again". Same back problem that plays up every time he has to separate his backside from a seat. Another colleague is supposed to help but spends all his time moaning, complaining, causing arguments with other departments.

Then we've got the idiot janitor who is turning away deliveries of equipment that is clearly addressed to us "never heard of them mate, you sure you got the right place?" Then when he's asked why he's doing it we are accused of being a bunch of stuck-up techies and not having a sense of humour!

ARRRRGGGHHH!!! People!! :mad:

laziness, i cant stand it, if we were to address that in our dept, there wouldnt be many people left!!
    laziness of mind irritates me more!:mad:

see?? i knew i'd find something!!:p
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually,I'm not the least bit interested in readers of The Independent or any other newspaper.I gave up reading newspapers in the last century.I would like opinions on what really gets my back up,which should be pretty obvious in my original post....

And yes,I do know exactly what I just wrote.Thank you for noticing the irony.You know what I'm getting at.

So really,somebody please agree that it annoys them to the point of despair as well.

Don't worry, I agree with you. When someone writes loose instead of lose, or gets their/there/they're mixed up, it immediately makes me want to punch something! A "friend" of mine on Facebook wrote "loose" instead of "lose" on her status the other day. I gave a sarcastic reply which pointed it out. She replied that it was an easy grammatical error. NO IT BLOODY ISN'T!

(Oh, and I'm assuming The "Independant" was a deliberate one on your part as well!!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a woman at work who spends all her money buying tat at boot sales, and has just bought a state of the art camera [her husband is always buying tat and blu ray dvds] but has no decent clothes to wear, moans that she never has any decent food to eat..fffs!!!!!! stop buying crap and expensive gadgets and start getting your priorities right!!!!
  • Options
    FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I'm with you, too; your completely right. :)
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you're waiting at a roundabout or junction for traffic from your right to clear so you can pull out. There'll be a line of traffic all going at the same speed and a gap behind them that looks good to pull into... except then there's another car on its own which is going just fast enough to prevent you pulling out. There's a gap behind that car which looks like you can definitely get into but the lone car is also going just slow enough that there's another line of traffic catching them up and the gap is starting to close so by the time they've trundled past you the opportunity to pull out has gone again.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    What drives me nuts are inept Journalists/T. How often do we see tragic cases of child abuse/death only for the Dad to turn up and blame Social Services/Social Workers etc yet they are never questioned about how much contact THEY HAD with their own children. Baby P for exampe, had a Dad who visited him and took him for Weekends but never seems to notice the bruises and physical evidence of Long term abuse on his own child!!! We had the tragic case of an retired Nurse dying of a heart attack, she was ill all day but they were told they did not Need an ambulance!!! Why didn't the husband put his wife in the car and drive her to a Hospital!!!!! I do not understand such a passive reaction when you know your loved-one is very ill. Just to wait for a doctor who came, eventually, too late to save her. Tragic.
  • Options
    halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who when describing something good that happened to them, end with the phrase "Happy Days". Or any other rubbish sayings they picked up from Facebook.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ebay sellers putting this under postage: Economy Delivery (Collect+ Economy Tracked) - which means :shrugsbigtime:
  • Options
    orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who type 'brought' when they mean bought. Drives me insane
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It annoys me to no end when people are constantly rude and insensitive and then get super touchy if you hand even 1% of it back to them.

It seems that the most selfish people who constantly ignore their friends complain the loudest when they feel no one cares about them.
  • Options
    Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook and twitter, just why?
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who type 'brought' when they mean bought. Drives me insane

Or 'carnt' instead of 'can't'
This discussion has been closed.