Emmys Snubs Past and Present

2»

Comments

• bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think Dean Norris has been better in Under The Dome than BB.

Suits
    Elementary
    Longmire
    Boardwalk Empire ( just more than it gets )
    Ron Swanson

I think these shows should be getting more attention than they do.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Krysten Ritter should have been nominated.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy Poehler should have won an Emmy years ago, or at least her category this year.

I find it strange that Friends only won the comedy Emmy once, and agree that Courtney Cox should have been nominated at least.

The trouble with the Emmy awards though is that the voters are told to judge on one episode alone, so if someone has a stronger single episode to submit than someone who was great across a whole season without being standout in one particular episode, then the former is more likely to win.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I still don't get how Katherine Heigl won an Emmy for her role in Grey's Anatomy over Sandra Oh.

Not really a snub, as Sandra Oh won the emmy, sag and golden globe the year previously. She still remains the most awarded and nominated cast member of the show.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really a snub, as Sandra Oh won the emmy, sag and golden globe the year previously. She still remains the most awarded and nominated cast member of the show.

She's never won an Emmy for Grey's... She was nominated in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 but she never actually won the Emmy.

I don't regard that as a snub as such because for 4 of those 5 years she was beaten by someone who was also worthy of the award, but for Katherine Heigl to win over Sandra Oh was ridiculous IMO.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    She's never won an Emmy for Grey's... She was nominated in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 but she never actually won the Emmy.

I don't regard that as a snub as such because for 4 of those 5 years she was beaten by someone who was also worthy of the award, but for Katherine Heigl to win over Sandra Oh was ridiculous IMO.

Yes, it's such a shame she never won the Emmy, she's by far the best actress on that show in my opinion. And she's unlikely to win it next year - GA is way past its best and Claire Danes seems unbeatable.

Katherine Heigl did win for the best work she did on GA, but that was nothing compared to a lot of what Sandra Oh has done on the show.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for my mistake :)