ED: Now Katie is back

Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
Forum Member
✭✭
There is I think a crucial scene that no character has covered yet. Brenda would have been ideal but I presume the thought hasn't occurred to her. I half expected Victoria to bring it up yesterday when she was rowing with Declan. Actually, I've not seen any DS'ers discuss it either (though I've not read even 50% of the chatter on here, so might have just missed it!). If Katie doesn't raise then issue with Declan I will be really annoyed.

Katie needs to point out to Declan that if they had gone to the police straight away when Alex's body was discovered, Gennie might still be alive. (Not to mention Alicia might not have had been shot, and Alan could have had his wake in the pub).

I'm sure the police didn't need a confession or putting 2 and 2 together from knowing he'd killed two others to catch Cameron for Alex's death. There was evidence to be found and in time the police could have got Cameron for that murder - possibly before al the stuff with Gennie happened. Besides, if he had been worried about trying to frame others for Alex's death earlier on, he might have been less worried about getting back with Debbie in the first place, so Gennie would never have been in the position to be killed.

All in all, Katie is partly culpable for killing her best friend - and Declan more so. This is something that seriously needs to be addressed on screen. Declan still tells people that "I didn't know it was Alex" as if that makes what he did alright. He's also blaming Katie for his troubles when it is patently clear that reporting the body was absolutely the right thing to do and doing so at the appropriate time could have avoided a lot of hurt and pain and loss of life.

So in short, I'm hoping to see guilt from Katie that she didn't act sooner, and for Declan to be made to realise just how irresponsible he has been and for him to feel some guilt too.

I'm hoping Paul Roundell can deliver for me tomorrow!

Comments

• Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Although it took her a while longer, she did feel guilty about it. Katie wanted to call the police from the start but Declan and Megan intimidated her with the police, so she was scared. Remember when she was looking up cases of missing people online, feeling guilty that those families were out there, not knowing where their missing loved one was and thinking about a family who is suffering because of Declan's secret. Declan's still selfish, he doesn't care that someone's body was buried on his property, all he cares about that he lost money. And he still doesn't care when he's confronted about it.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cameron story was interesting and entertaining but also total rollocks with holes big enough to swallow a fleet of double decker buses.. These writers and this producer are not interested in the finer details so don't hold your breath waiting for anymore questions and answers on that. That story is now over and forgotten about and already moving onto new ones.
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Although it took her a while longer, she did feel guilty about it. Katie wanted to call the police from the start but Declan and Megan intimidated her with the police, so she was scared. Remember when she was looking up cases of missing people online, feeling guilty that those families were out there, not knowing where their missing loved one was and thinking about a family who is suffering because of Declan's secret. Declan's still selfish, he doesn't care that someone's body was buried on his property, all he cares about that he lost money. And he still doesn't care when he's confronted about it.

I'm afraid you're missing my point. Yes, Katie felt guilty, but at that point she didn't realise the full implication of what she'd done - when we last saw Katie, as far as she was concerned Gennie died in a tragic accident. This is why I want to see Katie thrash it out with Declan - to see that she's realised the consequences of her failure to act sooner, and for Declan to finally realise that his attitude to all this has had far more serious implications than him losing a load of cash.
    spunger wrote: »
    That story is now over and forgotten about and already moving onto new ones.

If it was really all forgotten then why did Victoria bring Alex up on Tuesday? I'm sure that the body will be discussed again tomorrow between Katie and Declan, so Cameron will be linked by association if nothing else. It's not really a 'fine detail', I think for someone to spell out to Declan that actions have consequences - in this case the death of Gennie - would make for interesting drama.

It's a scene I've been dying to see ever since the village found out that Cameron had killed both of them. Gennie's death could have been prevented well before it got to the stage that Debbie was chasing her, yet nobody in the village seems to have realised. Now Katie - who was involved in the cover up, and was Gennie's best friend - is back, it is time for it to be addressed.

I believe if the writers haven't considered this it would be a big error.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    I'm afraid you're missing my point. Yes, Katie felt guilty, but at that point she didn't realise the full implication of what she'd done - when we last saw Katie, as far as she was concerned Gennie died in a tragic accident. This is why I want to see Katie thrash it out with Declan - to see that she's realised the consequences of her failure to act sooner, and for Declan to finally realise that his attitude to all this has had far more serious implications than him losing a load of cash.

If it was really all forgotten then why did Victoria bring Alex up on Tuesday? I'm sure that the body will be discussed again tomorrow between Katie and Declan, so Cameron will be linked by association if nothing else. It's not really a 'fine detail', I think for someone to spell out to Declan that actions have consequences - in this case the death of Gennie - would make for interesting drama.

It's a scene I've been dying to see ever since the village found out that Cameron had killed both of them. Gennie's death could have been prevented well before it got to the stage that Debbie was chasing her, yet nobody in the village seems to have realised. Now Katie - who was involved in the cover up, and was Gennie's best friend - is back, it is time for it to be addressed.

I believe if the writers haven't considered this it would be a big error.

I get you now, yes I'd like to see this too. :) Katie will also probably go to see Chas to see how she's doing after the siege with Cameron. Declan is still a loser to me though, he showed compassion during the siege by taking everyone in when they were evacuated, but then he soon went back to being a selfish former-rich boy. Katie is more compassionate so she'll feel guilty about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's high time somebody pointed out that Katie has Gennie's blood on her hands.
    Getting her greedy mitts on Declan's loot was more important than doing the right thing for this gold-digger.

Hopefully some wise sage will point this out to her soon, so she can purse her lips in response.

(she likes doing that)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is I think a crucial scene that no character has covered yet. Brenda would have been ideal but I presume the thought hasn't occurred to her. I half expected Victoria to bring it up yesterday when she was rowing with Declan. Actually, I've not seen any DS'ers discuss it either (though I've not read even 50% of the chatter on here, so might have just missed it!). If Katie doesn't raise then issue with Declan I will be really annoyed.

Katie needs to point out to Declan that if they had gone to the police straight away when Alex's body was discovered, Gennie might still be alive. (Not to mention Alicia might not have had been shot, and Alan could have had his wake in the pub).

I'm sure the police didn't need a confession or putting 2 and 2 together from knowing he'd killed two others to catch Cameron for Alex's death. There was evidence to be found and in time the police could have got Cameron for that murder - possibly before al the stuff with Gennie happened. Besides, if he had been worried about trying to frame others for Alex's death earlier on, he might have been less worried about getting back with Debbie in the first place, so Gennie would never have been in the position to be killed.

All in all, Katie is partly culpable for killing her best friend - and Declan more so. This is something that seriously needs to be addressed on screen. Declan still tells people that "I didn't know it was Alex" as if that makes what he did alright. He's also blaming Katie for his troubles when it is patently clear that reporting the body was absolutely the right thing to do and doing so at the appropriate time could have avoided a lot of hurt and pain and loss of life.

So in short, I'm hoping to see guilt from Katie that she didn't act sooner, and for Declan to be made to realise just how irresponsible he has been and for him to feel some guilt too.

I'm hoping Paul Roundell can deliver for me tomorrow!

1) It wouldn't have made any difference as there was nothing to link Cameron to Alex's murder. And the whole Cameron saga entirely relied on the Hotten Police being beyond incompetent. Knowing Hotten police they would probably have arrested Edna.

2) Katie didn't really care about Gennie. She ruined Mollie's christening and didn't attend Gennie's funeral. Who needs enemies with friends like that!

3) Now that Cameron is dead - for some reason Declan is now the village hate figure.

4) Why would Brenda blame Declan and Katie while the person who is directly responsible for her daughter's death is still living in the village - happily spending her ill-gotten poisoned vodka money on a new house.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes people forget that Dobbeh had a big part in Gennies death, Alan not having his wake at the pub, Kateh's marriage breaking up (but not sure how this works)

Evil, Evil Dobbeh!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    1) It wouldn't have made any difference as there was nothing to link Cameron to Alex's murder. And the whole Cameron saga entirely relied on the Hotten Police being beyond incompetent. Knowing Hotten police they would probably have arrested Edna.

2) Katie didn't really care about Gennie. She ruined Mollie's christening and didn't attend Gennie's funeral. Who needs enemies with friends like that!

3) Now that Cameron is dead - for some reason Declan is now the village hate figure.

4) Why would Brenda blame Declan and Katie while the person who is directly responsible for her daughter's death is still living in the village - happily spending her ill-gotten poisoned vodka money on a new house.

1) I'm sure there would have been some kind of DNA evidence to find. Especially with Cameron contaminating the scene planting other people's DNA! Hotten police are only incompetent so that storylines can be dragged out for longer. Without that factor I'm sure Cameron could have been identified as the killer.

2) I forget exactly what happened at the chirstening now. I know Katie was upset about stuff and didn't want to go. I think ii was mainly about not being able to have children herself wasn't it? That's understandable. Did she turn up and cause a scene though? That I can't recall. As form missing her funeral, a) she was upset, and b) having finally done the right thing, she was scared of Declan. She did comment last night on how Declan wasn't going to make her miss the funerals of two people she cared about.

3) "For some reason"? He started off as an esentially nice character, particularly when he was Hazel's guardian angel, but apart from providing refuge on the night of the siege he hasn't done anything nice for ages!

4) The person *directly* responsible is Cameron! Why should Brenda only blame those who caused her death if there are others (including also Megan and the site worker) who could potentially have prevented it?
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's high time somebody pointed out that Katie has Gennie's blood on her hands.
    Getting her greedy mitts on Declan's loot was more important than doing the right thing for this gold-digger.

Hopefully some wise sage will point this out to her soon, so she can purse her lips in response.

(she likes doing that)

The only ones with blood on their hands are Cameron and Debbie.:mad:
    The way you're twisting it , you might as well say Katie has blood on her haands for the death of Viv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way you're twisting it , you might as well say Katie has blood on her haands for the death of Viv.

Oh crikey yes, very good point Sarah - I'd forgotten all about that - she was indeed responsible for Viv's death too.

And yet there she is, still strutting around without a hint of remorse, unbelievable really.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh crikey yes, very good point Sarah - I'd forgotten all about that - she was indeed responsible for Viv's death too.

And yet there she is, still strutting around without a hint of remorse, unbelievable really.

:eek:
    I get the feeling you're a bit of a WUM.:D
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) I'm sure there would have been some kind of DNA evidence to find. Especially with Cameron contaminating the scene planting other people's DNA! Hotten police are only incompetent so that storylines can be dragged out for longer. Without that factor I'm sure Cameron could have been identified as the killer.

2) I forget exactly what happened at the chirstening now. I know Katie was upset about stuff and didn't want to go. I think ii was mainly about not being able to have children herself wasn't it? That's understandable. Did she turn up and cause a scene though? That I can't recall. As form missing her funeral, a) she was upset, and b) having finally done the right thing, she was scared of Declan. She did comment last night on how Declan wasn't going to make her miss the funerals of two people she cared about.

3) "For some reason"? He started off as an esentially nice character, particularly when he was Hazel's guardian angel, but apart from providing refuge on the night of the siege he hasn't done anything nice for ages!

4) The person *directly* responsible is Cameron! Why should Brenda only blame those who caused her death if there are others (including also Megan and the site worker) who could potentially have prevented it?
    Agreed with all of the above.

Katie was traumatised by her accident and the discovery that she (probably) would be infertile. Gennie pressurised her into accepting the role of godmother, then she couldn't go through with it. She avoided Gennie's funeral because she had just reported her husband to the police and was scared of the repercussions. She could have waited aday before doing reporting him, but I'm guessing she might have waivered then and not done it.

I would imagine that Declan wouldn't be popular. He's evicting them all and selling their homes - in effect destroying their community. He might as well have a sign up saying 'Town for Sale' like they do in America. When the houses are empty or filled with commuters, the shop, pub, church and bus service will all go. People tend to get annoyed about that stuff. To say nothing of the farmers who will go out of business because they can't afford to buy their farms. He took on the responsibility of being the Laird. He has to deal with the anger when things go wrong.

As for Debbie, I'll say it til I'm blue in the face. She caused an accident. Gennie might have survived - the injuries were bad enough to kill her (according to the autopsy report), but that doesn't mean that they would. If they had got her to hospital on time she might have survived. Cameron didn't give her that chance.I'm guessing in a situation like this in reality they would have held another autopsy to establish her likelihood of surviving the injuries, or at least re examined the autopsy results. At the worst Debbie is guilty of causing death by dangerous driving, but given that someone then suffocated the victim, I doubt that would stand up in court. Debbie performed CPR, called the ambulance and tried to keep Gennie alive. Cameron suffocated her. A person who causes a fatal car accident is not a murderer. Any one of us could do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's a difference though. She can't be blamed for getting romantically involved with someone who turns out to be deranged. She can however be blamed for being persuaded to stay silent over the discovery of a body. Of course, it would be extreme to say she has blood on her hands, but there is a good chance she could have prevented Gennie's death from happening if only she'd spoken up as soon as she realised Declan wasn't going to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debbie performed CPR, called the ambulance and tried to keep Gennie alive. Cameron suffocated her. A person who causes a fatal car accident is not a murderer. Any one of us could do that.

Except we wouldn't all chase someone at high speed! Also, are you sure Debbie performed CPR? By the time she reached Gennie she's already been murdered. Perhaps she tried CPR in vain, though I don't recall that. Your general points still stand though, of course. :)
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except we wouldn't all chase someone at high speed! Also, are you sure Debbie performed CPR? By the time she reached Gennie she's already been murdered. Perhaps she tried CPR in vain, though I don't recall that. Your general points still stand though, of course. :)

Debbie did perform CPR :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No we wouldn't chase someone at high speed,- I would hope :eek: but everyone does stupid and careless things while driving that if we're unlucky cause an accident. It's not the same as harrassing and chasing someone of course, but in neither case is it murder. I was just trying to say that's why the law differentiates between murder, manslaughter/culpable homicide, death by dangerous driving etc. It's because legally and morally it isn't the same as intentionally setting out to kill someone, else the prisons would be full of people who had caused fatal road accidents and were serving life sentences.

She did try CPR, but I think Cameron pulled her away and told her it was too late. I wonder if he hadn't done that, might Gennie have been revived?
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Debbie did perform CPR :)

On a corpse :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She still tried!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a difference though. She can't be blamed for getting romantically involved with someone who turns out to be deranged. She can however be blamed for being persuaded to stay silent over the discovery of a body. Of course, it would be extreme to say she has blood on her hands, but there is a good chance she could have prevented Gennie's death from happening if only she'd spoken up as soon as she realised Declan wasn't going to.

It's Katie and you can blame her for anything and everything on this forum:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She still tried!! :D

Too little too late.:mad: She'll go to her grave with blood on her hands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Will not. Cameron killed Gennie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ahem, if I recall correctly, the whole point of CPR is to revive someone who has already stopped breathing, so it wasn't too late:p:p:pIn fact Debbie's error was to let Cameron convince her it was, they should have kept going until the ambulance crew arrived. Cameron smothered Gennie and then persuaded the distraught person who was trying her best to help, to stop. He's the murderer.
    Will not. Cameron killed Gennie.
    Exactly. He found someone who was injured, but still conscious and breathing, who had a chance of survival with medical help, and CHOSE to smother her, and then prevent someone else from helping. What a horror.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek:
    I get the feeling you're a bit of a WUM.:D

Lol, she was responsible for Wilson's death too.

Under her watch, that poor horse was wandering aimlessly around the village looking for his sister Megan, before ending up on the Tesco burger shelf.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, she was responsible for Wilson's death too.

Under her watch, that poor horse was wandering aimlessly around the village looking for his sister Megan, before ending up on the Tesco burger shelf.

You've forgotten about Terry - she's responsible for his death.

Oh - and it was her fault Jack Sugden nearly died - if she hadn't slept with Robert, Andy wouldn't have shot Jack.

I like this game - what else can we pin on her :D:D