Another Disappointing Show

sgeandhusgeandhu Posts: 1,427
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watched again (yes I'm a glutton for punishment) - thought big band week was bad but this was worse.

Comments

• James_Barker1James_Barker1 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I thought it was great for drama/ car crash value, but have to agree I don't think anyone performed their best tonight.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree too, everyone seemed under-par tonight with the possible exception of Luke who put in one of his better performances.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke's was the only performance which is worth watching again.
  • James_Barker1James_Barker1 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I just rewatched Sam B's New York, New York performance and the energy and how well it suited her compared to Bleeding Love was way too apparent.
  • ChelseaaKylexChelseaaKylex Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually liked this week, I think it would have done better if they actually sung songs from X Factor contestants, not what they sung on the show... The only people who did was Luke and Sam... Luke was the performance of the night for me
  • HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Luke was the standout by far tonight...just hope he's getting the underdog vote.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke was the standout by far tonight...just hope he's getting the underdog vote.

He'll be getting the rebound vote if nothing else.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Luke and Sam impressed!. The rest were dull and it was un eventful to say the least!
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of them just gave average performances. They were far better last week, imo.
  • bananaa_bobbananaa_bob Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges do not help this show at all, it's all patronising cliched nonsense. Take the comments for Tamera for example & you've got Sharon Osbourne telling her she ticks all the boxes, well she must have forgotten the one box that states you need to know the words of the songs, Louis telling her she is potentially world class, yeah right & Nicole telling her she was brave to carry on, what was she supposed to ,say "fook this i'm off"? Only Gary out of the four gave an honest account & this is where for me the show is failing,it's as if they are being told not to be harsh on the one's they could possibly make money on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    This x factor as not been as good as previous years and talent not as good
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if Abi's elimination made me meaner as a viewer, but it has been MEH since then.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched the show yet due to Doctor Who, but I may give it a miss and just watch the results show instead.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor show last night I thought, and really dragged it down by including the likes of Harry Hill and Rylan. Not a birthday party show it deserved. The opening of the show was also lacklustre, expected something bigger to be honest. Disappointing.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Problem is the addition of the professional live performances. That should be saved for the Sunday show.

Considering it was the tenth anniversary show, I felt it was not very celebratory!
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    It didn't help that the producers AKA mentors chose horribly predictable songs:

The Climb for Nicholas... who didn't see that coming? This year's Joe McElderry does, wait for it, Joe McElderry.

Hallelulah for Hannah? Tick (although she gave her best performance IMO, and I don't normally rate her).

Bleeding Love was always on the cards for either Tamera or Sam, with the Leona 'world class' comparisons, but Sam had naively drawn our attention to the big zit on her face, i.e. that she's karaoke, and then gave a sub-par performance, her worst yet.

Rough Copy were off-pitch, Tamera was a car crash, and Luke was, well, Luke. At least he did something a little different though.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Have I been watching the same show as the majority on this thread?

I enjoyed it, Hannah finally delivered the goods (although I still don't like her), Luke gave his best performance of the series so far and has upped his game. The group has got to grips with harmonies and excelled themselves and Sam B proved, yet again, that she can sing anything. Her rendition of Bleeding Love was excellent, not a favourite song of mine but Sam put her own mark on it and I actually enjoyed it. Now to Nicholas, what is there to say? The Birthday Boy, the seventeen year old who was born with the gift of a beautiful voice and a gift that he needs to share with the rest of humanity.

I felt very sorry for Tamera, she's young and not ready for the pressures of the live shows. She's got a good voice and I had her earmarked for the final three but, personally, I hope that the British voting public will do the kind thing and vote her out this week. Not because she's the worst singer because she isn't, Hannah holds that crown, but because to keep her in would be cruel. I fear for her health.

Disappointing show? The one that I was watching wasn't. ;)
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Have I been watching the same show as the majority on this thread?

I enjoyed it, Hannah finally delivered the goods (although I still don't like her), Luke gave his best performance of the series so far and has upped his game. The group has got to grips with harmonies and excelled themselves and Sam B proved, yet again, that she can sing anything. Her rendition of Bleeding Love was excellent, not a favourite song of mine but Sam put her own mark on it and I actually enjoyed it. Now to Nicholas, what is there to say? The Birthday Boy, the seventeen year old who was born with the gift of a beautiful voice and a gift that he needs to share with the rest of humanity.

I felt very sorry for Tamera, she's young and not ready for the pressures of the live shows. She's got a good voice and I had her earmarked for the final three but, personally, I hope that the British voting public will do the kind thing and vote her out this week. Not because she's the worst singer because she isn't, Hannah holds that crown, but because to keep her in would be cruel. I fear for her health.

Disappointing show? The one that I was watching wasn't. ;)

Unfortunately, it's the cheapness that they put in between the acts that ruined it, with B list stars and giving airtime to Harry Hill.

This show desperately needs a normal week, without any theme or anything, just classic X Factor.