The Amazing Spider-man 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
Forum Member
✭✭
First Trailer.

Can't wait for this. Not sure what to think of rhino though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC5jDtpG78c

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the trailer looks pretty fantastic.

Surprised there isn't more of Jamie Foxx as Electro. I thought he was the main big bad but judging by the trailer it seems to be Harry Osborne aka the Green Goblin. I do think they have far too many diferrent characters in this, isn't Rhino also supposed to appear too?
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Amazing CGI-Man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

Surprised there isn't more of Jamie Foxx as Electro. I thought he was the main big bad but judging by the trailer it seems to be Harry Osborne aka the Green Goblin. I do think they have far too many diferrent characters in this, isn't Rhino also supposed to appear too?

Did you not watch the trailer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    Did you not watch the trailer?

Clearly not as close as you if i didn't recognise the character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly not as close as you if i didn't recognise the character.

21 seconds in.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/Marv081/Miscellaneous/TAS-M2Rhino_zpsc567add4.png
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Loved the trailer (loved the first movie)

Can't wait for summer now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    It's looking promising, I like the way they're delving more into oscorp being the facilitators of evil, as well as expanding on peters parents deaths.
    It's good that they're deviating from the original trilogy, that was the problem many people had with the first one.

Btw did anyone catch Doc Ocs mechanical arms in the glass case?

Jaime Fox is the main vilan, it seems like they're setting up Harry Osborne for either the climax of the film or the next one.
    I think it's been confirmed somewhere that Rhino isn't in the movie a lot, he's very much a smaller villian.

Trailer breakdown by the director and some of the cast.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxvTjKDJCE
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Thought that was a big metal robot thing.;)

Great Trailer.:cool:

Out 18th April...:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Thought that was a big metal robot thing.;)

That just happens to be in the shape of a Rhino.

^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks. Had no idea that was Rhino! Pmsl!
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's looking promising, I like the way they're delving more into oscorp being the facilitators of evil, as well as expanding on peters parents deaths.
    It's good that they're deviating from the original trilogy, that was the problem many people had with the first one.

Btw did anyone catch Doc Ocs mechanical arms in the glass case?

Jaime Fox is the main vilan, it seems like they're setting up Harry Osborne for either the climax of the film or the next one.
    I think it's been confirmed somewhere that Rhino isn't in the movie a lot, he's very much a smaller villian.

Trailer breakdown by the director and some of the cast.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxvTjKDJCE

If the Rhino becomes a mutant later on in the film (maybe via Oscorp) he could set up scorpion for the next film.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic trailer, the only worry is as others have mentioned a possible villain 'overload'.

Did anyone else spot the Vulture wings and Doc Ock arms in the Osborne vault? A version of the Sinister Six anyone?
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Spidey suit much better. The big white eyes are very comic-like.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    It looks ok but I hope its better than the first film which I found very average!

That trailer does give a lot away especially about the story behind Peter parents which I think would have been better leaving for a suprise in the film!

I get the feeling that Rhino will just be at the start of the film in a minor role.Then Electro as the main villian but with the whole Osborne story being in the back ground through out the film before it becomes the main focus at the end which will lead into the third film!
    Forum Member
    The Super Bowl trailer for Amazing Spider-Man 2 is online.Its quite long and does show a lot of the film however Im still not that excited about it!
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    The Super Bowl trailer for Amazing Spider-Man 2 is online.Its quite long and does show a lot of the film however Im still not that excited about it!

It looks like the type of trailer a fan makes after the movie has already been released on DVD. Major plot details given away. :( Having said that I look forward to seeing the movie in Imax 3D.
  • TomsmTomsm Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I do not know about you, but I film a decade ago much better.
    And not just because the main character, but also because of its atmosphere.
    Forum Member
    I don't like this studio trend of showing so much in the trailers though!
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can not WAIT to see Dane Dehaan, love him as an actor and was so happy when he was announced as Harry.

Also can't wait for Electro, looks very cool!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a great example of a reboot being a great decision

amazing spiderman wa smuch better than raimis original and marc webbs follow up looks like it could be the best of all 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    a great example of a reboot being a great decision

amazing spiderman wa smuch better than raimis original and marc webbs follow up looks like it could be the best of all 5.

Actually it's a great example of a reboot being a direct result of a couple of suits who desperately needed to retain the rights to their properties. Marvel cleverly put it in their contract with Sony that they must use Spiderman within a certain time period otherwise the rights will return to Marvel.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Actually it's a great example of a reboot being a direct result of a couple of suits who desperately needed to retain the rights to their properties. Marvel cleverly put it in their contract with Sony that they must use Spiderman within a certain time period otherwise the rights will return to Marvel.

Yep - that's about. Raimi's Spiderman had so much better atmosphere - and I think a lot better understanding of Spiderman's journey into becoming a hero and accepting responsibility. There was admittedly the flawed third film - but it still stand heads and shoulders int terms of storyline and characterisation compared to the reboot.

The reboot whilst not bad in terms of a film, just seems to miss the verve and zest of the earlier films. It's well made, and they seemed to have made the CGI Spiderman much better looking in the effects department - but it as I mentioned, it does feel lacking in comparison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Yep - that's about. Raimi's Spiderman had so much better atmosphere - and I think a lot better understanding of Spiderman's journey into becoming a hero and accepting responsibility. There was admittedly the flawed third film - but it still stand heads and shoulders int terms of storyline and characterisation compared to the reboot.

The reboot whilst not bad in terms of a film, just seems to miss the verve and zest of the earlier films. It's well made, and they seemed to have made the CGI Spiderman much better looking in the effects department - but it as I mentioned, it does feel lacking in comparison.

Oh no, don't get me wrong - Amazing Spiderman may be a cynical reboot (remake?) but it's by far better than anything Raimi did. It always makes me laugh when people say the third Spiderman is the worst - I found it to be the most tolerable. Andrew Garfield's Spiderman is more true to the character. I'm thinking Amazing Spiderman 2 is going to be the defining moment for the franchise.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Trailer.

Can't wait for this. Not sure what to think of rhino though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC5jDtpG78c

The trailer does look fantastic.

I can't wait to see it.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Oh no, don't get me wrong - Amazing Spiderman may be a cynical reboot (remake?) but it's by far better than anything Raimi did. It always makes me laugh when people say the third Spiderman is the worst - I found it to be the most tolerable. Andrew Garfield's Spiderman is more true to the character. I'm thinking Amazing Spiderman 2 is going to be the defining moment for the franchise.

Agreed. I don't get the love for Raimi's Spiderman. They were fine at the time but with all the good superhero movies we've had since then, they just show how poor Raimi's films were. I did really enjoy Raimi's villains, but the lead male and female are just horrible.

TASM is far from perfect but I see it as a great leap forward for the franchise. Better cast, better script, just a far more likable film.

Looking forward to the new one.