The Wanted cancel European tour

BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So they released a twitter statement saying that they have canceled their European dates due to 'unforeseen changes'. Ireland and Us dates go ahead.

This is unusual. I never thought they could sell out arena's though I wasn't aware of how ticket sales were going.
interesting that the Us dates are still on but also that they are not arena venues, ( I think).

Is this the beginning of the end?
What is the real reason for the cancellation?

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    The UK arena dates are still on it's just the other EU countries. I don't know if it's linked but Max had to go home from their US Christmas concerts earlier this week because of family problems
  • andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it must be that they had terrible ticket sales... I mean who cares about TW in Europe? They've had one hit (Glad You Came), no other song has been played and charted very well.
    They tried to make a tour and failed terribly, so there probably wasn't another way than cancelling it alltogether...
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    I think it must be that they had terrible ticket sales... I mean who cares about TW in Europe? They've had one hit (Glad You Came), no other song has been played and charted very well.
    They tried to make a tour and failed terribly, so there probably wasn't another way than cancelling it alltogether...

Who cares about TW in the UK too? LOL!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Who cares about TW in the UK too? LOL!

You think The Wanted are doing poorly in the UK and Europe? That doesn't compare to how horrendously awful they're doing in the States.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Bluestone wrote: »
    What is the real reason for the cancellation?

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2013/12/blind-item-7_11.html
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    I think it must be that they had terrible ticket sales..

Let's hope. Can't wait for them to split up. :D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    They should rename themselves The UnWanted :D
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member

NO :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tekken_Guy wrote: »
    You think The Wanted are doing poorly in the UK and Europe? That doesn't compare to how horrendously awful they're doing in the States.

Im not a fan of The Wanted at all. But do they do badly in the States,,,only reason I ask is that they had a programme on E! so I assumed they were big in the States.

The only person I know who loves them is Lorraine Kelly..she was gushing over them and what nice boys they are this morning.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Jones wrote: »
    The only person I know who loves them is Lorraine Kelly..she was gushing over them and what nice boys they are this morning.

Hahaha, you're kidding! They look like they'd mug your granny and only seem to open their gobs to have a go at other artists. Lorraine Kelly realy is a joke when it comes to her slobbering.
    Forum Member
    Im not a fan of The Wanted at all. But do they do badly in the States,,,only reason I ask is that they had a programme on E! so I assumed they were big in the States.

Their show had horrible ratings on E. They didn't do much better than the Saturdays' show.

They had one big hit in the U.S with "Glad You Came." "Chasing The Sun" missed the top 40, while "I Found You" and "We Own The Night" barely made it onto the Hot 100.

Their EP they released in 2012 debuted at #7, selling 34,000 copies, before falling down the charts fast.

"Word of Mouth" did even worse. It debuted at #17 with 18,000 copies sold. In two weeks' time, it was off the Billboard 200.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wanted are a weird one to figure out....they had a solid launch with All Time Low, but then seemed to fade away until the monster summer smash 'Glad You Came' made them bigger than ever.
    However, they failed to build on the momentum of that hit and have been on a downward trajectory since.
    I think the emergence of 1D have really hurt them too. It just seems weird that they are still around when their sales aren't up to much.....I guess they are still able to live off the success of Glad You Came.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't be here in 5 years time, fact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A better name
    :p
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were here last night

One of them (Max) wasnt there for the show
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because Max is going to rehab or something.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

What planet is she on? :o
    fkinhell wrote: »
    A better name
    :p

Haha yeah :D
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    The Wanted are a weird one to figure out....they had a solid launch with All Time Low, but then seemed to fade away until the monster summer smash 'Glad You Came' made them bigger than ever.
    However, they failed to build on the momentum of that hit and have been on a downward trajectory since.
    I think the emergence of 1D have really hurt them too. It just seems weird that they are still around when their sales aren't up to much.....I guess they are still able to live off the success of Glad You Came.

In my opinion, The Wanted have really hurt themselves by trying too hard to break America. They had a hit with "Glad You Came," but then 1D came and sent them crashing downward. They've been so focused on re-igniting the American flame that 1D put out, that they've neglected the country they're actually popular in.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    It seems like the blind was about Max.

Wanted were too busy to make it in America, when they would have and could have made themselves pretty big in the UK, but now that momentum is gone, and with most of their songs being awful, I doubt they will make it anywhere. I give them 1 year, and they will be done for good.
    Forum Member
    It seems like the blind was about Max.

Wanted were too busy to make it in America, when they would have and could have made themselves pretty big in the UK, but now that momentum is gone, and with most of their songs being awful, I doubt they will make it anywhere. I give them 1 year, and they will be done for good.

They were pretty big in the UK, but they focused too hard on breaking the U.S., when in actuality, it's much harder for teen acts to break there.

It's not just the Wanted who are in this position. Look at Austin Mahone, Conor Maynard, Jake Miller, Emblem3, and Midnight Red. Those are just some of the many teen male singers and boy bands who have a lot of superstar potential, but are being held back by 1D. Justin Bieber has his fair share of victims, including Cody Simpson, Greyson Chance, and Big Time Rush.

As a matter of fact, most people thought 1D was going to suffer the same fate as the acts mentioned above. In the end, 1D completely obliterated the "Bieber Barrier", and Justin had to share his spot in the teen world with Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Louis. Nowadays, the metaphorical penthouse that Bieber once occupied, 1D have all to themselves. Right now, the "1D Barrier" is still very strong, and there won't be more than five people in that "penthouse" anytime soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    The Wanted are as unwanted as One Ercetion and Bieber Justin. They all have no music talent at all and should leave the music business as soon as possible. They are an insult to music.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only member of this group I can stand is Siva, yet he seems like he'd rather now be there. Going from their E! show, (although how much is true on these things), I never once got the impression they care that much about the actual group, but rather liked the perks that come with being famous. Out all the pop acts around there definitely the ones I'd miss the least.
    Forum Member
    Apparently the reason Max is back in the UK is that his grandad has died rather than the rehab rumours that are getting around, I don't know if it's true though
    Forum Member

Plenty of people get dropped and don't split up/stop performing. As it goes they have fans who obviously will miss them