Options

Tom Baker Speaks 50th

CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
Forum Member
✭✭
Or should that be 'types' :)
After a while the time passed as I knew it would, but it dragged its feet. Finally people began to arrive and I was called to costume and make-up and finally to the set. In the old days I knew everybody, or nearly everybody, the technicians and make-up people and all the other actors: I was at home in those long gone times. My gloom was lifted by the arrival of Matt Smith who welcomed me so enthusiastically that I began to think life was worthwhile.

Link

Comments

• Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Such a nice message and it's great to read that he really enjoys making the Big Finish audios after it took them so many years to persuade him to do them.
  • Options
    Mr MajesterMr Majester Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zomg Tom's looking more like Pertwee every day. :o
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He skipped over the part where he then blabbed to the Huffington Post and spoiled the surprise. But then he wouldn't be Tom if he hadn't done something like that. He's not really the Doctor, he's just a very naughty boy :D
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Tom - no electricity on Christmas Day.

Just like Dame Penelope Keith.

I think this could be some kind of Divine vengeance to punish BBC stars of the 70s/early 80s for their shielding of Jimmy-the-beast-Savile...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also happy to find he owns a Burmese cat. I had on myself years ago, even by cat standards they're an eccentric breed and are brilliant climbers. The shoulder thing is apparently quite common, mine used to do exactly the same and expect to be carried around as the one in his picture.

Tom probably tells people it's his new scarf.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    I'm also happy to find he owns a Burmese cat. I had on myself years ago, even by cat standards they're an eccentric breed and are brilliant climbers. The shoulder thing is apparently quite common, mine used to do exactly the same and expect to be carried around as the one in his picture.

Tom probably tells people it's his new scarf.
    Tom used to joke that he wanted a Parrot on his shoulders to be his companion on the show. Now he has a Burmese cat on his shoulders.