EE - What's happened to Sam Womack's acting?

DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
Forum Member
✭✭
She used to be one of the better actresses in the show, but this time around her facial expressions are weird and all over the place.

I noticed it again the other night during her scenes with Carl when she was supposed to be in fear, and then when she slammed the car boot on his head. Just a lot of very odd looking, strained expressions.

Comments

• iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Disagree, I think she's still excellent :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Did she, in what world. Sam Womack has always been rather bad.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I've always found her rather overrated and bog-standard.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    I've always found her rather overrated and bog-standard.

I think she's one of the better actresses in the show in my opinion.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Sadly its the botox which affects her performance. Some actresses can have botox and get away with it she isn't one of them. She has had a lot of it and it means her face doesn't move properly.
    I wish she would lay off it, Sam is beautiful already.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, her acting doesn't seem the same. Particularly at the end of last friday's episode in R&R when she hit Carl with a bottle, her acting seemed unnatural.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I think her acting style (or lack off, mugging at the camera) suits the creepy Ronnie we have now.

It's Jessie Wallace who can't do a crying scene these days cos of botox that freaks me out.
    Forum Member
    I think her acting style (or lack off, mugging at the camera) suits the creepy Ronnie we have now.

It's Jessie Wallace who can't do a crying scene these days cos of botox that freaks me out.
    It used to affect her performance badly like the aftermath of the babyswap but Jessie has really laid off it and that shows.

Sam has had it for years even in her first stint but I think she has now started having it in more areas of the face thus it affects her performance. She admits to having it done. Usually I would say its up to them but when it affects your performance I do wish they would lay off it.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she's had too much Botox! Her face is definately weird.
    Forum Member
    It used to affect her performance badly like the aftermath of the babyswap but Jessie has really laid off it and that shows.

Sam has had it for years even in her first stint but I think she has now started having it in more areas of the face thus it affects her performance. She admits to having it done. Usually I would say its up to them but when it affects your performance I do wish they would lay off it.

The scene the other night at the hospital was comical, the facial expressions she was attempting to pull were very manic lol. I suppose it suits her character in a way.
    Forum Member
    It is strange that Carla Conner in Corrie has probably had just as much as these two ladies have and yet, gets away with it.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I don't normally comment on the appearance of actors I will in this case as it relates to Samantha's performances. Sadly she has no facial expressions because she has had (IMO) too much botox. Her face does not move. Now if she's happy with that then so be it but it is effecting her performances. In a weird way it actually adds to the creepy Ronnie direction they've taken her in but if they try to make her sympathetic at a later date then Womack will struggle to convey the necessary facial expressions to pull it off. Right now I don't see the botox as a problem because it suits the character's current direction for her to be stone faced and expressionless.
    Forum Member
    It is strange that Carla Conner in Corrie has probably had just as much as these two ladies have and yet, gets away with it.

I don't watch Corrie so I have no idea who that is but some very much do get away with it. See I don't care what characters look like (I think Sam is very pretty) I only care about the performances and right now her choice to botox does that. That's not a dig at her looks, I despise that as much as most decent people on a forum its about wanting to watch an actress act.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sam Womack is good as ever. I don't see a difference between her acting then and her acting now.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly its the botox which affects her performance. Some actresses can have botox and get away with it she isn't one of them. She has had a lot of it and it means her face doesn't move properly.

This. Her face is almost frozen so it's expressionless. How can an actress convey strong emotions if her face hardly moves? Like you say, she's gorgeous and IMO she'd look even better without it, more real. It would certainly aid her performances and as an actress you'd think that might be more important than being worried about a few lines :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately many actresses do, Jessie Wallace's face was frozen for a time too.

I think Samantha is stunning, I've seen pictures from her younger days which show that she always has been.
    Forum Member
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Unfortunately many actresses do, Jessie Wallace's face was frozen for a time too.

I think Samantha is stunning, I've seen pictures from her younger days which show that she always has been.

She looked like Debbie Harry in her younger years, so stunning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked like Debbie Harry in her younger years, so stunning.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcy5HmjIKfQ

When she represented the UK at Eurovision in 1991 she was utterly gorgeous around that time. She still is naturally. Don't like the song but I'm gay and dang.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember that Jessie Wallace went a bit "frozen" with her acting, I think when she first came back. Sad really, Jessie and Sam are both brilliant actresses in my humble, and equally sad is that they don't need to pump their faces with that shite to look good :(
  • CheriCheri Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, but I can't stand the one that plays Roxy.

Shirley, Ronnie and Denise are my favorite actresses.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, that's the very first thing I thought of when I read the original question : the Botox is interfering with her facial expressions and hampering her.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was a bit iffy in some scenes this week. Even great actors can be a bit stiff though.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Sam has the deep-in-thought eye-wondering down to a tee! I think we can expect to see a lot more of this as the villainous, sly and devious Ronnie emerges..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam Womack is the best actress , with the exception of Lindsey Coulson .

She would benefit from a new boyfriend who is a match for her intellectually .

Jack was bit of a thicko :( .
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,264
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    Sam Womack is the best actress , with the exception of Lindsey Coulson .

She would benefit from a new boyfriend who is a match for her intellectually .

Jack was bit of a thicko :( .

Who in the right mind would want to get in a relationship with Ronnie?