Best Series of CBB ever?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
Forum Member
I'm sure someone must have already said it. I have never enjoyed a series as much as this one. People who are making it for me are Jim, Linda (if only because I am enjoying it so much more without her!), Louisa (though I hate to say it) and Dappy.

Comments

• babs_lawriebabs_lawrie Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It certainly is the best series ever but a bit worried about how they are going to follow this one You don't want people to come in and copy things that have happened but cant work out how they can better this one.
  • OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Yes, yes, YES! By far. It's had everything and I'm going to be lost at 9pm on Thursday. I suggested they extend this series with a lock-in til IACGMOOH in November. No one in there has anything on outside of the house anyway. Let their friends and family see them once every 3 weeks - prison style - with conjugal visits if necessary. Electric shock 'tasks' if they get out of line.

I've got it all worked out. :o
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By a long shot...

Maybe even the best BB ever including the normals.
  • EchoFallsEchoFalls Posts: 3,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definatly.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I think the series with Pete Burns will never be topped.
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Have you guys noticed all the tasks have been designed to cause maximum drama and arguments? Even throwing out the rules by showing nominations and letting people from outside tell them what's happening! A very different series indeed but massively entertaining.

Agreed with above poster that the Pete Burns series was the best though. This one is second.
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually preferred last series, but this bunch is the friendliest now the Nolan is gone.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Nah I think the series with Pete Burns will never be topped.

This the best? No chance.

Agree with you. The best by far was CBB 2006 with Barrymore, Burns, Galloway, etc.

The next best was CBB in September 2012 with Julian & Julie.

3rd best at a stretch.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops....duplicate post.
  • jaq7ukjaq7uk Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diva_moon wrote: »
    I'm sure someone must have already said it. I have never enjoyed a series as much as this one. People who are making it for me are Jim, Linda (if only because I am enjoying it so much more without her!), Louisa (though I hate to say it) and Dappy.

yes i never thought anything could top the series with rula lenska and george galloway and saucer of milk lol.and pete burns caustic tongue

but this has been best ever.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    It's probably my favourite.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best ever on Channel 5 and 4. I don't like comparing celebrity versions with normal versions. I don't look at them as the same.
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    One of the worst IMO. Not sure what's so enjoyable about it that others are seeing.

I don't tend to enjoy the arguments and stuff like that as much as others though. BB5 remains one of my least favorite series.

So, i suppose it makes sense that this would be another that i disliked and others liked, similar to that. :blush:

I need a connection with a few people in there, if i can't find that connection, the journey is incomplete. And i haven't found that connection.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    diva_moon wrote: »
    Yes because of jim Davidson :D
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the worst IMO. Not sure what's so enjoyable about it that others are seeing.

I don't tend to enjoy the arguments and stuff like that as much as others though. BB5 remains one of my least favorite series.

So, i suppose it makes sense that this would be another that i disliked and others liked, similar to that. :blush:

I need a connection with a few people in there, if i can't find that connection, the journey is incomplete. And i haven't found that connection.

It's not been my least favourite but it's nowhere near the top for me either. To be honest i don't know what makes this series better than some of the others.

It's been full of arguments and showmances, just like in past series of BB.

The tasks and nominations have been awful aswell. 2 face to face noms, boring, and one regular noms without the HM's finding out who nominated them. The tasks are all the same as what we have seen before. This latest freeze task has been awful, so much outside contact and people telling the HM's what is going on outside. Terrible.

Also no live feed so that put's it low on my list straight away.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda Nolan was a show-ruiner for me

Added to which, I didn't really like any of them either.

I still enjoyed the stuff I could watch but only because it was recorded and I could skip through a load of the bits with Linda in.

I loved Pete Burns' year but I also loved the Ivana Trump, Stephanie Beacham, Sisqo, Lady Sov, Basshunter year with the Tree of Tempation :D
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    It's not been my least favourite but it's nowhere near the top for me either. To be honest i don't know what makes this series better than some of the others.

It's been full of arguments and showmances, just like in past series of BB.

The tasks and nominations have been awful aswell. 2 face to face noms, boring, and one regular noms without the HM's finding out who nominated them. The tasks are all the same as what we have seen before. This latest freeze task has been awful, so much outside contact and people telling the HM's what is going on outside. Terrible.

Also no live feed so that put's it low on my list straight away.

Yeah, the tasks for me also. I'm a big fan of team building tasks and i didn't find that in this series. Outside of the "annoying room" task there hasn't really been that many interesting tasks.

I generally like the one where they can't react "freeze" but too much housemate/family related stuff here, i prefer the more absurd/ridiculous things they can't react to.

Then there's that absurd sex party task.

I don't know, it's just been a fairly below average to average series to me, don't get the hype.

I suppose if someone likes arguments and controversy as the main form of entertainment it could be really interesting.

I liked Luisa for a brief moment but mainly i liked how she refused to be controlled by Lionel/Dappy/Jim and since that sort of stopped... i'm basically off her now. Bored, over it.

Also it just occurred to me, have we really seen that much about the shopping? That's usually a big thing. Remember when high voice Chris ripped off his shirt and was twirling it around dancing because they won food, or the bananas with Harry. Or the housemates coming together to try and win the luxury budget, or antics surrounding the shopping lists, etc.
    I like seeing the whole dynamic of shopping and food in the house with the group, i don't remember really seeing much of it within this series.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to add the secret room where housemates watch the HM's, it's been done too often, it's on every series of BB. Boring.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I forgot to add the secret room where housemates watch the HM's, it's been done too often, it's on every series of BB. Boring.
    The producers really do lack imagination these days and it's sad to think we may never see such brilliance as the aliens task ever again :(
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best for sure, but I wouldn't say the best ever. For me it needs some retrospect before I can properly compare it to the other great series. The housemates were great and Channel 5 were VERY lucky with some of the people they cast, but there were still a lot of elements in terms of the production that I absolutely hate. It was a breath of fresh air after the last two dire series but whether it stands the test of time like BB4 has remains to be seen.

Honestly I think every housemate bar Evander, Ollie and Sam deserves a pay bonus because they all actually delivered. In particular Luisa, Lee, Jasmine and Jim. If you took them out and replace them with Tricia Penrose, Mario Falcone, Frankie Dettori and Dustin Diamond would we have had the same series? I seriously doubt it.
  • jason_strenthamjason_strentham Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never has a big brother been more talked about since the original
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never has a big brother been more talked about since the original

That's definitely not true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snariek wrote: »
    That's definitely not true.

Fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fact.

I presume you're taking the piss? This has not been the most talked about series since the original. Not by a long shot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snariek wrote: »
    I presume you're taking the piss? This has not been the most talked about series since the original. Not by a long shot.

Clearly has. You must mix in different circles from ,e