Options

Good characters that were ruined by a storyline

grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think the one most people would agree with in HO is Phoebe in the homeless sl she was brilliant and she was street smart and it made for great viewing until the Vincent sl where she became an absolute idiot believing anything Vincent would say and risking her life for his. One week she was like its just me and you George and then the next week you are my soulmate Vincent. It annoyed me so much because before this she was great and I hope soon they give her a good sl where she can shine again.

Comments

• Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Corrie - Molly
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat, shagger
    Ronnie baby swap though she's deffo bouncing back.
  • Options
    madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter, Tina & Carla - Corrie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Tina coronation street I used to like her now she's boring and seems to be involved in every storyline. The affair with peter is unbelievably crap and ruined her character for me
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the one most people would agree with in HO is Phoebe in the homeless sl she was brilliant and she was street smart and it made for great viewing until the Vincent sl where she became an absolute idiot believing anything Vincent would say and risking her life for his. One week she was like its just me and you George and then the next week you are my soulmate Vincent. It annoyed me so much because before this she was great and I hope soon they give her a good sl where she can shine again.

When I first starting watching HO it was during the Esther bullying storyline, and Phoebe was great back then, regularly dishing out slaps to Sinead and co. I think Jacqui McQueen leaving had a big effect on the character of Phoebe. They had an interesting relationship as psuedo Mother/Daughter which still had lots to explore. They also just dropped the plot of Phoebe recognising Browning's colleague as one of her abusers. Again, that may have been as Jacqui left, but it was shame. It could have been a great plot for Phoebe.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CS Tina affair
    EE Sharon Denny sl
    EE Den Watts bringing him back a perv
    EE Pauline lying about dying
    EE Ronnie baby swap
    EE Kat shagger
    EE Nick Cotten Dotty duo
    HO Gilly turning him into a rapist
    HO Sam turning him into a rapist
    HO clare bringing her back
    HO Will turning him psyco for no reason
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    When I first starting watching HO it was during the Esther bullying storyline, and Phoebe was great back then, regularly dishing out slaps to Sinead and co. I think Jacqui McQueen leaving had a big effect on the character of Phoebe. They had an interesting relationship as psuedo Mother/Daughter which still had lots to explore. They also just dropped the plot of Phoebe recognising Browning's colleague as one of her abusers. Again, that may have been as Jacqui left, but it was shame. It could have been a great plot for Phoebe.

I remember that, I was gutted too, that could have been brilliant cant believe she was bombarded with Vincent for about a year>:(
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham Proctor in CS by that stupid storyline about him marrying the oompa loompa's friend ( who appeared out of nowhere btw )
  • Options
    HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Tina in Corrie with the affair storyline. I used to love her character and still like her but I don't think her character would do this.

I don't watch Hollyoaks much now but I agree with the poster above, Gilly turning in to a rapist.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    CS Tina affair
    EE Sharon Denny sl
    EE Den Watts bringing him back a perv
    EE Pauline lying about dying
    EE Ronnie baby swap
    EE Kat shagger
    EE Nick Cotten Dotty duo

All of these. Awful storylines that ruined some excellent characters.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, agree with those too!
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Kat and Alfie, her because of the cheating ways and lying to the police and him because of what he did to poor Roxy.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE

Kat Moon - The cheating full stop. Returning pregnant by another man was bad enough for the character but Michael? Ridiculous!

Sharon Rickman - I didn't see much of it, but I hear the pill addiction was done badly. It could have added to the character if they linked it to Dennis's death, which I don't believe they did.

Ronnie Mitchell - Baby swap.

Anything done by Kirkwood, basically. And of course, instead of trying to repair Kat he then had her cheating more with the alleyway thing and the whole affair debarcle.

Corrie

Tina as has been mentioned

Dennis Tanner - Gloria.

Stella Price - Aftermath of the Karl storyline, which reduced her to a glorified extra and has her working in the Bistro belonging to a son-in-law that she turned against months ago. She should have started getting closer to Dev from the off.

Sunita Alahan - The return.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL, Tina was hardly likable in the past. Wanted her boyfriend to marry in a sham marriage, threatened to report them. Was involved in the ruination of Terry Duckworth's business and stealing drugs, attacking customers. Trying to steal a baby. People really have short memories if they think Tina has just become unlikable due to this plot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stella Price - post Karl Munro
    Carla Barlow- Peters affair
    Clare Devine - 2013 return
    Sunita Alahan - Affair with Karl
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie - baby swap
    Sam Mitchell - sleeping with Jack
    Sharon - ditto
    Alfie - finding out Kat cheated and said he'll pretend he doesn't know
    Kat - sleeping with anyone but Alfie

Honorary mention:
    Derek - turning up in the first place
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heather on EE was quite a sympathetic character on arrival with her horrible upbringing but was turned into a clown that one couldn't be bothered to care about
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Heather on EE was quite a sympathetic character on arrival with her horrible upbringing but was turned into a clown that one couldn't be bothered to care about

I hated that, but I cared about Heather. It was Shirley, taking advantage of their friendship at every turn, that I didn't like.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dennis running off with Gloria and being spiteful about it. Dennis is one of my favourite characters from the old days and I'm not happy they are getting rid of him.

Tina, though I don't really care. She was always a miserable character.

Peter Barlow - yes he's always been a bit of a womaniser, but this latest with Tina - Why? he doesn't seem to have any sort of conscience which he did in previous dalliances. In fact, Peter was a fully fleshed out character during the love square, now he's a two dimensional love rat.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Stacey. Bad enough that they made her Achie's killer but then to have her going after Ryan was a step too far.

Alfie. The way he used Roxy to salve his wounded ego.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Stacey. Bad enough that they made her Achie's killer but then to have her going after Ryan was a step too far.

Alfie. The way he used Roxy to salve his wounded ego.

I agree with both of these.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurel in Emmerdale.....leaving Ashley for Marlon.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Alfie - finding out Kat cheated and said he'll pretend he doesn't know
    Kat - sleeping with anyone but Alfie

Honorary mention:
    Derek - turning up in the first place

:D:D:D
    sorrento wrote: »
    Laurel in Emmerdale.....leaving Ashley for Marlon.....

I don't understand why Charlotte Bellamy is still in Emmerdale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Archie Mitchell - Turning him into a Pedophile after death.
    Billy Mitchell - Switching him from an abusive nasty piece of work to a bumbling buffoon all those years ago.
    Jay Brown - Making him go with the boring, childish thing that is Abi Branning, and for so long.
    Nick Cotton - Dotty Cotton, say no more.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,922
    Forum Member
    Laurel getting together with Marlon, in fact the destruction of the whole Thomas family was terrible

Phoebe and the whole Vincent saga in Hollyoaks.