Hiring squash courts

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know please if leisure centres/gyms allow you to hire squash courts by yourself, since it is normally a 2 person game?

Comments

• Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    MICH78 wrote: »
    Anyone know please if leisure centres/gyms allow you to hire squash courts by yourself, since it is normally a 2 person game?

Christ! It's many decades ago since I hired a Squash court and back then I was dreadful at it, though I did enjoy it.

I see no reason or rule where you have to specify any number of people. You hire the court for that amount of time. You alone or you and another person or you and a couple of friends to share the court time.

So as far as I know, courts are hired by time only and that's that. You turn up just before your time starts and go in as soon as the previous users, if any, come out and you leave promptly at the end of your booked time.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Having often knocked up by myself while waiting for a late-running playing partner I can confirm it can be very tiring especially if you play alternate forehands / backhands in one off the front quarters of side / front then front / side walls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies. It's an option then, but a tiring one! Trying to find a sport to get into where i don't have to rely on a partner. Don't like the gym or swimming. I cycle at the moment, but it's becoming too dangerous.