Norwich City to reimburse fans that travelled to Swansea

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
Forum Member
✭✭
Norwich City’s players will reimburse the Canaries fans that travelled to watch their side’s dismal performance at Swansea City last weekend.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich_city_to_reimburse_fans_that_travelled_to_swansea_1_3517116

Nice gesture from them I have to say. :)

Comments

• Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Norwich City’s players will reimburse the Canaries fans that travelled to watch their side’s dismal performance at Swansea City last weekend.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich_city_to_reimburse_fans_that_travelled_to_swansea_1_3517116

Nice gesture from them I have to say. :)

Well done to Norwich for treating their fans with respect. The club is doing the right thing here. Newcastle should do the same thing for their fans, after the Southampton match.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I flew first class from australia for that game ;-)
  • celesticelesti Posts: 26,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice gesture and all, but it isn't the 'right' thing to do. Anyone buying a match ticket knows the risk is there of a shitty performance, it won't be the last time a Norwich fan sees one.
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    I hate these hollow gestures by football clubs, getting the occasional hammering is part and parcel of following your team! In what way is it treating the fans with 'respect', have the fans gone soft or something?

I followed Hull City home and away in the 1980's and 90's, I must be owed thousands of pounds after some of the dire performances I witnessed :-)
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it part of sport that sometimes a team can have a heavy defeat?

Newcastle do not need to do such a thing.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell if leeds did this, our players would be waiting a very long time for their wages ;-)
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job this isn't a weekly thing, under Hughton they've won 4 and lost 22 of their 35 away matches.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it part of sport that sometimes a team can have a heavy defeat?

Newcastle do not need to do such a thing.
    I think it is more about the manner of the defeat they are atoning for. If you play your hearts out but are beaten by a better team then fair do's but if the team 'fails to turn-up' as the expression goes and doesn't show any passion or fight then fans are being cheated.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's stupid when clubs do this, to be honest. A team is going to either win, lose or draw. Sometimes they'll play really well, other times they might get thrashed. I would never have expected Tottenham to reimburse me after the home defeats to City and Liverpool this season, and neither would I ever have asked them to.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the best gesture for fans would be to go out and win subsequent games!
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best gesture would be for clubs to offer cheaper prices to go to their home games (and more than as a one--off).

Of course, clubs can't do anything about the tcket prices their fans pay to go to watch them away. But they can do something about their home ticket prices.